If You Died Today?

If I die today...

I can imagine! I would fall down at Jesus' feet and declare him my Saviour. Wow, I could look him right in the eye and tell him thank you. I could reach out and feel the texture of his robe between my fingers. I could hug him and know that I'm hugging the Son of the most Supreme Being in the Universe.

I used to be so afraid of death, I'd stay up nights worrying about it. But now I see it as my graduation, and not my own personal punishment.

Thank you, Jesus!:dance:

life and death

I don't understand what the author is saying by a happy death because in my mind death is not happy..... Yes happy for the Christian who knows the Lord but sometimes it can be a time of pain and suffering and how can that be happy. It is also not a happy time for those left behind who grieve . Of course again their hope is in knowing that they will see their loved one again.

Over the years , being a nurse and working in Palliative Care.... I have seen many deaths. Those who knew the Lord and have suffered with cancer or any other sickness of course went peacefully and one could sense the fulness of their love for the Saviour.and their confidence of being with Jesus for ever and ever.

On the other hand , I have seen some horrible deaths of those who do not know the Lord.and then the screaming of the families after wards. We would have to put them in special rooms so they would not disturb the ward.

Proverbs 14:12
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

Proverbs 14:27
The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, turning a man from the snares of death.

Proverbs 14:32
When calamity comes, the wicked are brought down, but even in death the righteous have a refuge.

Proverbs 15:11
Death and Destruction lie open before the LORD— how much more the hearts of men!

Proverbs 16:14A king's wrath is a messenger of death, but a wise man will appease it.

Hi Dusty,

You have spoken wisely. ... The author was being ironic. In other words, a non-believer may die "happy" according to his or her actions, but not really. ... Don't you know? ... many "claim" to be Christian on their death bed and die "peacefully" and are not in their heart? "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name and in thy name done many wonderful works?" (Matt. 7:22).

In other words, the Lord is the final Judge. Many proclaim to be Christian and are not, let's not take the experiences of the death bed as the "conclusive answer" to who they really are. Only God knows. Let's be wise and let God have the final answer, not us.

My conversation has been on the subject of joy, which the scripture says, "count it all joy" not "feel all joy." The most extreme case is that of a family member being rebellious of the Lord till their dying breath. Would one be full of joy? .... Oh no, what a terrible egocentric loveless and non-compassionate person they would be.

It's like saying, Oh, my mother died outside of the Lord, I'm so full of joy!!! How selfish and evil that is of God's unfailing mercy. God is so sad that I can't comprehend, not full of joy.

blessings to you Dusty,
John

It seems every time I open my mouth lately I stick my foot in it. The following is my opinion only, we must each walk our own path bfore the Lord:
Each of us can only speak what is in his or her heart. I am waiting for that absent in the body present with the Lord expierience- I look forward to it with great anticipation. I don't think I want to try and drum up any hypotheticals that will disturb the peace my Lord has put in my heart. Blessings to all- Larry

Hab 3:17 Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls:
Hab 3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Hab 3:19 The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. To the chief singer on my stringed instruments.

Thanks , John for your response.and your explanation. I guess I didn't get that he was being ironic DUH !!!

And Brother Larry , I don't get the phrase " everytime I open my mouth, I put my foot in " Where did that come from? I have particularly been enriched by all the scripture you have put here in the last two days. Just keep up the good work as the Lord lays it on your heart. and thanks for it all. Blessings to you brother.

cheer_up.gif

:stop:

I too have been blessed by your thoughts and Scripture postings, so don't put yourself down! That is simply a :badidea:

As for the main topic, I echo Whirlwind. I used to fear death, because the thought of total non-existance, utter nothing, scared me. Now I rejoice at the thought of it. I see my time on Earth as only the beginning of everything. So it's my job to live the best life I can in this world, while I have the chance.

Thanks guys- it just wseems like a lot of tribulation lately but I am fine!

Back