If the trinity is not true

15-CMO-Sandbox-011407.jpg

Come on guys, I think it's time to give this a rest. You are now just going back and forth missing what the other has said or not said.

Have a great day
Blessings
FCJ
1 given
2 given

3 turned in ; (

I will gladly talk to you further when you agree that Jesus is God and eternal. You said Jesus is not co eternal. That is heresy in my books. It is Christianity 101 as I have explained. Christianity is about a blood covenant with God. For that God needs to shed His blood for us. Are you a JW?

As for me answering your questions, I have replied to everything you have said in simple point form. Feel free to address a point you want to further discuss. As for you addressing my questions, I don't see how quoting my post 56 with one line in post 57, does that.
Don't feel obligated to answer anything on my behalf friend.

You haven't justified your initial claims in the op, but that's ok I guess.

Christianity 101 is to love GOD with all your heart, and love one another as you love yourself.

Begotten and eternal are not synonymous, and though Christ can be seen as one and the same as GOD at this time. The same couldn't and shouldn't be said about the man Jesus of Nazareth the Christ as he walked the earth as a man. He was born and died and as such is not and was not co eternal with the One Creator GOD.

I've said nor believe anything contrary to the teachings of the Christ or scripture.

Like I said don't feel obligated to answer my questions that I posed about the nonsensical statements in reference to how you said scripture would have to be changed if one doesn't abide by the doctrine of the trinity. I won't be calling you a gullible follower of a man made doctrine, just don't call me a heretic.

Agreed?

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

In the past, when considering Christianity( I do believe that Bible is a wonderful book), never quite understood why is the Old Testament God Yahweh so different from the New Testament God Yahweh.

In the OT, when reading the first commandment, and the rest and also when reading Leviticus where it talks about the punishments for not obeying the Lord, I do find it hard that He would let you spit, slap, humiliate and then crucify Him. What I am saying is that from reading those verses it doesn't seem that the OT God would is the kind of God who would have that done to Him.

Of course, I could be wrong, but it seems that way. Which is one of the reasons that Jew's don't accept Christ as a Son of God, or Prophet.

Looking forward to your reasoning.

Thanks

1. In the past, when considering Christianity( I do believe that Bible is a wonderful book), never quite understood why is the Old Testament God Yahweh so different from the New Testament God Yahweh.

2. In the OT, when reading the first commandment, and the rest and also when reading Leviticus where it talks about the punishments for not obeying the Lord, I do find it hard that He would let you spit, slap, humiliate and then crucify Him. What I am saying is that from reading those verses it doesn't seem that the OT God would is the kind of God who would have that done to Him.

3. Of course, I could be wrong, but it seems that way. Which is one of the reasons that Jew's don't accept Christ as a Son of God, or Prophet.

Thanks
Hi Peki

1. God does not change. We are just witnessing the next stage of God's plan. God has always been love. We know this because Jesus was planned from the beginning 1 Pet 1:20.

Step 1: Create mankind
Step 2: Choose a tribe for God's seed. Give them laws that would ensure their protection, provision and be a sanctified body for His Son.
Step 3: The cross.
Step 4: Spread the news of the cross and this better understanding of God's love.

God has from day one loved what is good and hated what is evil. Just because people today are not stoned to death does not mean He has any lessor fate in mind for those in mortal sin. People who love what is evil have a home in hell OT and NT John 3:19.

2. As I have said, from day one God planned to be as a lamb to the slaughter. He wanted us to know that he did not ''''''cheat''''''. He experienced the pain and suffering of the flesh in its full measure. The cruel beatings tell me that He placed Himself 'fully' under the power of humans. Truly a lamb to the slaughter. Scripture is clear that He could have at any moment called a legion of angels to help Him. But He did not.

I am guessing you are taking issue with God's timing of this event. Are you?

3. So you are saying they can't accept God showing the greatest sign of love to a mere human?
John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.

The wages of sin is death. It is a law that exists because God is good and hates what is evil. God fulfilled this for us on the cross because He loves us. He abides by His own laws. He is good. Period. We give thanks because He is good Psalm 136:1. A good God could not but include the cross when creating mankind just beneath the angels with free will. He knew mankind would choose evil but not all would love it. IE He knew someone would have to pay for this evil. IE He knew that He would have to die for Adam's sin long before Adam committed it.

God wants us to know that He loves us!! Eph 3:18 may have power, together with all the Lord's holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

The cross is evidence of God being as good as He is omniscient and sovereign.

Last edited:
In the past, when considering Christianity( I do believe that Bible is a wonderful book), never quite understood why is the Old Testament God Yahweh so different from the New Testament God Yahweh.

In the OT, when reading the first commandment, and the rest and also when reading Leviticus where it talks about the punishments for not obeying the Lord, I do find it hard that He would let you spit, slap, humiliate and then crucify Him. What I am saying is that from reading those verses it doesn't seem that the OT God would is the kind of God who would have that done to Him.

Of course, I could be wrong, but it seems that way. Which is one of the reasons that Jew's don't accept Christ as a Son of God, or Prophet.

Thanks

Good question. Allow me to speak to you question of why in the Old Testament, God appears powerful, holy, punishing, angry, and jealous. In the New, in the form of Jesus, He appears kind, loving, meek, and forgiving. How do we reconcile the powerful Deity that ordered the destruction of countless cities with the kneeling Jesus who defended the adulterous woman?

The purpose of God in the Old and New Testaments is the same: choose people who don't deserve His attention, allow them to display His glory and righteousness, and commission them teach the world about Him.

In the Old Test. God dealt with a nation, Israel which was called out to be His example. The key is to realize the context. In the Old Testament, the context was God's relationship with the nation He had chosen to represent His holiness and teach the world about Him. In the New Testament, and now in the church age, the context is God's relationship with the individuals and the church He has chosen to represent His holiness and teach the world about Him.

God hasn't changed; the context has changed. He no longer primarily relates to the world through a sovereign nation, but through individuals and the church. This affects how we see the scale of His work. Where, in the Old Testament, an entire nation may have been destroyed, we see today one serial killer caught and prosecuted. Where, before, the nation of Israel may have gone into exile for their disobedience, now a sinful pastor is removed from ministry.

And, by the same measure, where, before, God showed longsuffering toward His chosen people as they rebelled against Him, He now shows that same mercy to us when we choose the things of the world over His Word. God's holiness, passion, restraint, and fury are all exactly the same; we just see it on a personal level instead of a national one. And that means we can experience His love and forgiveness on a personal level, as well.

From the Crusades, to the Inquisition, to the programs in Europe, to Hitler’s Holocaust—Jews ultimately believe that they are being held responsible for the death of Jesus Christ and are being persecuted for that reason. They, therefore, reject Him today.

If you miss this fact it will mess up the rest of your thinking so I hope this helps your understanding.

Last edited:
Don't feel obligated to answer anything on my behalf friend.

You haven't justified your initial claims in the op, but that's ok I guess.

Christianity 101 is to love GOD with all your heart, and love one another as you love yourself.

Begotten and eternal are not synonymous, and though Christ can be seen as one and the same as GOD at this time. The same couldn't and shouldn't be said about the man Jesus of Nazareth the Christ as he walked the earth as a man. He was born and died and as such is not and was not co eternal with the One Creator GOD.

I've said nor believe anything contrary to the teachings of the Christ or scripture.

Like I said don't feel obligated to answer my questions that I posed about the nonsensical statements in reference to how you said scripture would have to be changed if one doesn't abide by the doctrine of the trinity. I won't be calling you a gullible follower of a man made doctrine, just don't call me a heretic.

Agreed?

Peace

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Correct.

"Begotten" means one and only.

"Eternal" mean forever without end.

In Christian doctrine the Incarnation, briefly stated, is that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, and He became a man.

1 Tim. 3:16..................
''And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh . . . "

John 1:14 ...................
''In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God . . . And the Word became flesh."

Christ was the Son in His eternal relationship with the Father, not because He was born of Mary. Since a son shares the nature of his father, so our Lord shares the Godhead coequally with His Father. Yes, "God sent forth His Son," from His throne on high, from His position of heavenly glory. God did not send one forth who, in His birth, became His Son, but He sent One who, through all eternity, was His Son.

Centuries before Christ was born, the Prophet Isaiah wrote of Him, ''For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given . . . '' in Isaiah 9:6.

The Son was given in eternity past before we knew Him. His human birth was merely the method of coming to us that as a man He could die to meet the demands of God to pay for sin, but as God He could not stay dead. Therefore, Jesus as a man shed His blood for men to accept and be saved but as God He rose again from the dead to meet God's demand and to validate God's love for humanity.

Good question. Allow me to speak to you question of why in the Old Testament, God appears powerful, holy, punishing, angry, and jealous. In the New, in the form of Jesus, He appears kind, loving, meek, and forgiving. How do we reconcile the powerful Deity that ordered the destruction of countless cities with the kneeling Jesus who defended the adulterous woman?

The purpose of God in the Old and New Testaments is the same: choose people who don't deserve His attention, allow them to display His glory and righteousness, and commission them teach the world about Him.

In the Old Test. God dealt with a nation, Israel which was called out to be His example. The key is to realize the context. In the Old Testament, the context was God's relationship with the nation He had chosen to represent His holiness and teach the world about Him. In the New Testament, and now in the church age, the context is God's relationship with the individuals and the church He has chosen to represent His holiness and teach the world about Him.

God hasn't changed; the context has changed. He no longer primarily relates to the world through a sovereign nation, but through individuals and the church. This affects how we see the scale of His work. Where, in the Old Testament, an entire nation may have been destroyed, we see today one serial killer caught and prosecuted. Where, before, the nation of Israel may have gone into exile for their disobedience, now a sinful pastor is removed from ministry.

And, by the same measure, where, before, God showed longsuffering toward His chosen people as they rebelled against Him, He now shows that same mercy to us when we choose the things of the world over His Word. God's holiness, passion, restraint, and fury are all exactly the same; we just see it on a personal level instead of a national one. And that means we can experience His love and forgiveness on a personal level, as well.

From the Crusades, to the Inquisition, to the programs in Europe, to Hitler’s Holocaust—Jews ultimately believe that they are being held responsible for the death of Jesus Christ and are being persecuted for that reason. They, therefore, reject Him today.

If you miss this fact it will mess up the rest of your thinking so I hope this helps your understanding.
God bless you for posting this brother!

Back