If the trinity is not true

Actually if you study @Abdicate post (#15) this raises the issue and fervent debate of ONENESS versus the TRINITY

One (pun) problem I have with this is that Jesus gets to keep his new resurrected body and sits at the right hand of God. Also he continues to be the mediator and intercessor between us and the Father. How does this fit in with Oneness?

Oneoness is a different view of the trinity. Not oppositon. I can agree with it. It does get confusing though when you consider Jesus prayed to His Father and as you said sits next to Him in heaven.

I have heard it explained that Jesus was teaching us to pray when He prayed to His Father. Everything He did He did for us. The 40 days in the wilderness was to show us that He was dealing with a very real flesh issue. That needed to be subdued. Just as when He shouted ''my Lord my Lord why have you forsaken me'. It was for us to see that God was ''not cheating''. He had the flesh in full opposition. Likewise I guess we could understand Jesus sitting next to God as how God relates to us. IE imagine one seat. Jesus shares this seat and is to the right of God. Perhaps we always see Jesus as God / God as Jesus? I mean He does say 'if you have seen me you have seen the Father'. We imagine wanting to see God, but perhaps we don't see Him, only Jesus?

Last edited:
Oneoness is a different view of the trinity. Not oppositon. I can agree with it. It does get confusing though when you consider Jesus prayed to His Father and as you said sits next to Him in heaven.

I have heard it explained that Jesus was teaching us to pray when He prayed to His Father. Everything He did He did for us. The 40 days in the wilderness was to show us that He was dealing with a very real flesh issue. That needed to be subdued. Just as when He shouted ''my Lord my Lord why have you forsaken me'. It was for us to see that God was ''not cheating''. He had the flesh in full opposition. Likewise I guess we could understand Jesus sitting next to God as how God relates to us. IE imagine one seat. Jesus shares this seat and is to the right of God. Perhaps we always see Jesus as God / God as Jesus? I mean He does say 'if you have seen me you have seen the Father'. We imagine wanting to see God, but perhaps we don't see Him, only Jesus?

To approach the subject of the Trinity of God we are in fact talking about and considering ,thinking and indeed approaching the Godhead.
As such then we are seeking to enter the most Holy place .We have no hope at all in the matter if we are not saved. Or BORNagain.
For we are it were not even of and in the camp of Israel let alone able to enter into the outer court of the tabernacle.
Nor if we are BORN again and have but entered into the Outer court and the place of sacrifice still of a mind (being 'babes") yo see or understand anything of the matter for the most Holy place is not seen with eyes and by the light of the sun as it were. But we must approach after having washed our hands and feet and put off the old man and put on Christ. and walk by faith that is to say to see with the understanding that the Holy Spirit and the Word of God would lead us.
and we may then catch a glimpse of what we are about. and then through a glass darkly.

The purpose Jesus came to this earth was to reconcile us to the Father .
We should take what the scriptures say very carefully and seriously and every Word Jesus said as if we was entering (and we are) into the most Holy place .
God is not a butterfly we can pin on the board of our intellect.
He is not one we can say and measure with our minds.
When a true prophet of God saw the Lord high and lifted up and his train filled the temple .He saw the angels of God unable or unwilling to look upon the face of God but covered their faces with two wings and with their feet two wings and with the other two flew. and cried Holy, Holy Holy is the Lord.
Isiah though he was a good man whos lips were not to shed blood or swear or any such thing. Yet still cried out when He saw God "woe is me for I am a man of unclean lips ......................." He shrank away, sunk was undone in the light of the Holyness of God thrice over .
Job though a man of great integrity before the Lord "consider my servant Job" when he too was faced with the AWE FULL presence of God he said "I have heard of thee but now mine eyes seeth thee ,I repent in dust and ashes....."
From dust to dust and ashes to ashes comes to mind.

The scriptures say we may come boldly into the presence of God and so we can. Because there in the presence of God in the most Holy place" is the blood that speaks of better things than the blood of Abels"
We should not nor do I think we can run into the presence of God like silly children do who without thought or understanding run around in church noisy and careless as to where they are , and are often allowed to .
There was and still is a right approach to God a God who is still "Holy Holy Holy"
John the beloved and the one most close to the Lord in the flesh enough and with the liberty to rest his head on the Lords chest at the last supper . Who while all the other said "is it I, is it I" He alone said "who is it Lord ?" He knew it was not him.
Yet when he was on the isle called Patmos on the Lords day ,he heard a voice behind him (man is always looking the wrong way it seems) and turning to see who had spoken saw the Lord and fell down as one dead.
and like Isiah who was given a live coal from off the altar to cleans his lips .So here the Lord raised him up and he was able to stand.
I do not believe the church knows God as it thinks it does .
In truth "little children ye know the father and your sins are forgiven you"
But what of" Ye young men the Word of God dwells in you richly and abides and ye have overcome the wicked one"?
and even more so "Ye fathers ye know Him who is from the beginning"
That there are so called 'debates' about the Trinity of God shows by some how little if at all they know of God.
Much of the 'debates ' on this matter as on others are of the "yea hath God said variety" where the serpent wanted to get a religious debate about what God had said and in the midst of the debate was able to literally sow his seeds of confusion , doubt and in the end down right lies .Changing the truth into a lie and the result is the world we live in.
The Trinity of God then is not for the open market .It is in the Holy place and between Gods people of a will and disposition to go there.

in Christ
gerald

To approach the subject of the Trinity of God we are in fact talking about and considering ,thinking and indeed approaching the Godhead.
As such then we are seeking to enter the most Holy place .We have no hope at all in the matter if we are not saved. Or BORNagain.
For we are it were not even of and in the camp of Israel let alone able to enter into the outer court of the tabernacle.
Nor if we are BORN again and have but entered into the Outer court and the place of sacrifice still of a mind (being 'babes") yo see or understand anything of the matter for the most Holy place is not seen with eyes and by the light of the sun as it were. But we must approach after having washed our hands and feet and put off the old man and put on Christ. and walk by faith that is to say to see with the understanding that the Holy Spirit and the Word of God would lead us.
and we may then catch a glimpse of what we are about. and then through a glass darkly.

The purpose Jesus came to this earth was to reconcile us to the Father .
We should take what the scriptures say very carefully and seriously and every Word Jesus said as if we was entering (and we are) into the most Holy place .
God is not a butterfly we can pin on the board of our intellect.
He is not one we can say and measure with our minds.
When a true prophet of God saw the Lord high and lifted up and his train filled the temple .He saw the angels of God unable or unwilling to look upon the face of God but covered their faces with two wings and with their feet two wings and with the other two flew. and cried Holy, Holy Holy is the Lord.
Isiah though he was a good man whos lips were not to shed blood or swear or any such thing. Yet still cried out when He saw God "woe is me for I am a man of unclean lips ......................." He shrank away, sunk was undone in the light of the Holyness of God thrice over .
Job though a man of great integrity before the Lord "consider my servant Job" when he too was faced with the AWE FULL presence of God he said "I have heard of thee but now mine eyes seeth thee ,I repent in dust and ashes....."
From dust to dust and ashes to ashes comes to mind.

The scriptures say we may come boldly into the presence of God and so we can. Because there in the presence of God in the most Holy place" is the blood that speaks of better things than the blood of Abels"
We should not nor do I think we can run into the presence of God like silly children do who without thought or understanding run around in church noisy and careless as to where they are , and are often allowed to .
There was and still is a right approach to God a God who is still "Holy Holy Holy"
John the beloved and the one most close to the Lord in the flesh enough and with the liberty to rest his head on the Lords chest at the last supper . Who while all the other said "is it I, is it I" He alone said "who is it Lord ?" He knew it was not him.
Yet when he was on the isle called Patmos on the Lords day ,he heard a voice behind him (man is always looking the wrong way it seems) and turning to see who had spoken saw the Lord and fell down as one dead.
and like Isiah who was given a live coal from off the altar to cleans his lips .So here the Lord raised him up and he was able to stand.
I do not believe the church knows God as it thinks it does .
In truth "little children ye know the father and your sins are forgiven you"
But what of" Ye young men the Word of God dwells in you richly and abides and ye have overcome the wicked one"?
and even more so "Ye fathers ye know Him who is from the beginning"
That there are so called 'debates' about the Trinity of God shows by some how little if at all they know of God.
Much of the 'debates ' on this matter as on others are of the "yea hath God said variety" where the serpent wanted to get a religious debate about what God had said and in the midst of the debate was able to literally sow his seeds of confusion , doubt and in the end down right lies .Changing the truth into a lie and the result is the world we live in.
The Trinity of God then is not for the open market .It is in the Holy place and between Gods people of a will and disposition to go there.

in Christ
gerald
Wow, excellent post Gerald. Thanks for sharing.

A man can be saved with no knowledge and understanding of the Trinity of God at all. But He is saved By The father the Son and the holy Spirit all the same.
We grow in grace and in the knowledge of God and we cannot or should not reduce all things to being 'saved' or BORNagain.

in Christ
gerald

I guess I need to clarify my comment.

If a person does not believe in the Trinity, then they don’t understand who God is. You may say the word “God” but you don’t understand His nature. Second, you couldn’t possibly understand who Christ is—that He is God in human flesh. The Incarnation of Christ is an essential component of the biblical gospel, as found in John 1:1-14, and many other biblical passages make clear. To deny the Trinity is to deny the Incarnation. And to deny the Incarnation is to wrongly understand the true gospel.

In saying that, I realize that such an answer is going to not only effect people that you may have witnessed to (like Mormons), but it also applies to some in the broader Pentecostal movement, called United Pentecostals or "Jesus-Only" Pentecostals. Such individuals hold to a kind of modalism, where God is sometimes in the mode of the Father or the mode of the Son or the mode of the Spirit, but He’s never all three at the same time. That too is a deficient and heretical view of the Trinity. It denies the distinct Personhood of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

The same question sometimes arises about the virgin birth. I think it is possible for a person to become a Christian before learning about the details of the virgin birth, though that person would certainly assume that Jesus Christ must have had a unique birth since He is both God and man. But, if someone knows about the virgin birth and says, “I deny the virgin birth,” then he is simultaneously denying the deity of Christ, and also the Trinity. Such a person betrays the fact that they do not understand the gospel, and therefore cannot have truly been saved.
http://www.gty.org/resources/questions/QA519/can-you-be-a-christian-and-deny-the-trinity

God made Himself as three. God became flesh. John 1:14 The Word became flesh. Gen 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The fact that He is asking and suffering is evidence of Him not cheating the flesh / being tested and trialed just as we are. Nothing more, nothing less. Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are yet he did not sin.

As I said before in this place we must tread carefully.
God cannot have "made himself three............" For God who is God has always been what God is . For " He is the same yesterday today and forever "
What He was before creation was what he was after it and still is.
Before anything there was only God the Father , God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and these three are one.
The Father is not the Son, Nor the Son the Father nor each the Holy Spirit . But all three are one.
No man knoweth the father save the Son and no man knoweth the Son save the Father .
Only the father hath life in Himself and he has given this also to the Son who has life in Himself .
He then that has the Son has life and he who has not the Son has not even seen life yet .
No man cometh unto the Father save through the Son.

As I said before this subject is not for the open market . and a man can only go so far in speaking about the subject in a place such as this.
Jesus spoke things to the multitude and he spoke things to the few. What can be said to the few cannot be spoken to the multitude .
The internet is to the 'multitude '.
Some seek to understand algebra when they have not yet grasped - +x and division. Some have grasped those but have not yet grasped fractions and the like .
I do not say I understand the Trinity and id defy any one who said they can completely .
But there is and are foundational scriptures by which we can have a firm foundation for our thinking ,perceptions and right concepts in the matter .
Those who deny the Son also deny the Father for it was the Father who sent him.
They who receive the Son receive also the Father for he proceedeth from the Father .
No man can say they know the father if they know not the Son.
if a man loveth the world the love the Father is not in him.
He that hateth his brother who he does see; how then can he say he loveth the Father who he does not see?

in Christ
gerald

As I said before in this place we must tread carefully.
God cannot have "made himself three............" For God who is God has always been what God is . For " He is the same yesterday today and forever "
What He was before creation was what he was after it and still is.
Before anything there was only God the Father , God the Son and God the Holy Spirit and these three are one.
The Father is not the Son, Nor the Son the Father nor each the Holy Spirit . But all three are one.
No man knoweth the father save the Son and no man knoweth the Son save the Father .
Only the father hath life in Himself and he has given this also to the Son who has life in Himself .
He then that has the Son has life and he who has not the Son has not even seen life yet .
No man cometh unto the Father save through the Son.

As I said before this subject is not for the open market . and a man can only go so far in speaking about the subject in a place such as this.
Jesus spoke things to the multitude and he spoke things to the few. What can be said to the few cannot be spoken to the multitude .
The internet is to the 'multitude '.
Some seek to understand algebra when they have not yet grasped - +x and division. Some have grasped those but have not yet grasped fractions and the like .
I do not say I understand the Trinity and id defy any one who said they can completely .
But there is and are foundational scriptures by which we can have a firm foundation for our thinking ,perceptions and right concepts in the matter .
Those who deny the Son also deny the Father for it was the Father who sent him.
They who receive the Son receive also the Father for he proceedeth from the Father .
No man can say they know the father if they know not the Son.
if a man loveth the world the love the Father is not in him.
He that hateth his brother who he does see; how then can he say he loveth the Father who he does not see?

in Christ
gerald
Perhaps I should have said God revealed Himself as three. I see the confusion. It sounded fine when I said it in my head. Same today, yesterday and forever. Good point.

I am blessed my friend by what God has allowed to learn, know and grow with.

The fact is that I have not and do not point at anyone. It is the Word of God through the ministry of the Holy Spirit who convicts men of sin and or disobedience. My comment to you would be to read and study the Word of God instead of being concerned about what I know or do not know.

The 2nd thing I would say to you is that when you use words to describe deity, capitalize them. god is therefore "God".
jesus is therefore "Jesus".

Then to answer your question of ...................."May I ask do jesus call himself god or son of god or do jesus say I am father?"

YES, and if you were a student of the Word you would not have asked such a question.

John 14:1..............
"Ye believe in God, believe also in Me".

First, Jesus claimed to be the unique Son of God. As a result, the Jewish leaders tried to kill Him because in “calling God his own Father, [Jesus was] making himself equal with God” (John5:18).

Now as for the marriage thing and how 2 can be 1 and so forth. If you have to ask such a question then there is nothing I can do for you.

Then you said...............
"How can god bow to god to beg him take away the cup he didn't wish to drink but stand up to walk towards to fulfil what god want him to fulfil!"

You did not quote the Scripture you used so you leave it up to me to do that for you. That is an assumption and is one of the worst things to do as I am having to fill in what you quoted. Your question is uselly one that is asked by the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Matthew 26:39.......
"And going a little farther he fell on his face and prayed, saying, “My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.”

The natural shrinking of the human soul from ignominy and torture is overborne by entire submission to and compliance with the Divine purpose. So it is said that the Captain of our salvation was made perfect through sufferings, learned obedience by the things which he suffered (Hebrews 2:10; Hebrews 5:8) By this passage the Monophysite and Monothelite heresies are clearly refuted, the two natures and two wills of Christ being plainly displayed.

Good reply with good point. Do you ever ask yourself why jews had saw all miracle done by jesus but still want to crucified him? You are nothing different as one of the jews
Not sure I fully understand the context of this, but I will say that I often used to think that, if I could raise my hand and perform an amazing miracle ... I could be a great evangelist. But that is not true. It had to be awesome to follow Moses in the desert. Pillar of smoke by day, pillar of fire by night, parting of the sea, water from the rock, manna from heaven, ... and yet they rebelled multiple times (even Aaron). Before I get on my high horse, however, I have to look at the amazing miracles He has accomplished in my life, and realize that the next time I face a crisis, my first instinct is to muster my own facilities to resolve the problem. I grew up in the church but was only saved as an adult 22 years ago. In that time I've seen God work in great ways. He even sometimes makes His presence extremely clear thru circumstances so that His handiwork cannot be mistaken for coincidence or a gret work on my part. While I'd like to think my faith has grown, there are times I have to face the fact that I am still a babe in need of milk when I should be eating solid food. So if Adam were instead Mike ... he still would have eaten the apple. If it was Mike in that crowd who was suddenly afraid of the church leaders and who heard some challenging sermons ... he probably would have shouted "crucify him" as well. These are not points of pride, but pride does come before the fall, so in some ways, I am glad that I see my tendencies. And there was a certain amount of prophesy when Dirty Harry said, "A man has got to know his limitations." I am not better than the Jews ... but praise God I have been justified by the righteousness of the incarnate God.

The alternative doctrine espoused by many American Pentecostal churches is ONENESS in which the Godhead is not three distinct persons [one
of whom came to Earth in the flesh] but rather God is able to manifest Himself in different modes according to His purpose.
Thus God is able to be YHWH of the Old Testament, Jesus His only begotten son on Earth, and the Holy Spirit.
ONENESS claims that the scriptures support this, and there is no further need for speculative theology and interpretation.
As for myself I don't lose sleep over it.
What works for me is praying in the Spirit to my Lord and my God, Jesus, who is my intercessor and channels my prayers to my Father (by adoption) and to the Throne of Grace. And it comes back to me via the Holy Spirit as answered prayers, blessings, healings, miracles, provision and much much more...
It's like my TV and computer, in how it actually works I don't know, I just switch it on and use it.

I think God cloned Himself,
in the beginning before He created anything He was alone as an individual in the vast blackness and nothingness of forever,
so for companionship He divided Himself into three of Himself,
of course to divide yourself you must retain your original sense of being yourself even though the clones are exactly the same as you in every respect,
the clones, without any disrespect to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit would naturally see God as the originator even though they were exactly the same.
Our natural order is to think father son but in the Godhead its like that and not like that, Jesus is not a created being but a divided version of God.
and since they both, all three are spirit, they are able to fuse together spiritually I would think to appear as one being but with three personalities.

Not sure I fully understand the context of this, but I will say that I often used to think that, if I could raise my hand and perform an amazing miracle ... I could be a great evangelist. But that is not true. It had to be awesome to follow Moses in the desert. Pillar of smoke by day, pillar of fire by night, parting of the sea, water from the rock, manna from heaven, ... and yet they rebelled multiple times (even Aaron). Before I get on my high horse, however, I have to look at the amazing miracles He has accomplished in my life, and realize that the next time I face a crisis, my first instinct is to muster my own facilities to resolve the problem. I grew up in the church but was only saved as an adult 22 years ago. In that time I've seen God work in great ways. He even sometimes makes His presence extremely clear thru circumstances so that His handiwork cannot be mistaken for coincidence or a gret work on my part. While I'd like to think my faith has grown, there are times I have to face the fact that I am still a babe in need of milk when I should be eating solid food. So if Adam were instead Mike ... he still would have eaten the apple. If it was Mike in that crowd who was suddenly afraid of the church leaders and who heard some challenging sermons ... he probably would have shouted "crucify him" as well. These are not points of pride, but pride does come before the fall, so in some ways, I am glad that I see my tendencies. And there was a certain amount of prophesy when Dirty Harry said, "A man has got to know his limitations." I am not better than the Jews ... but praise God I have been justified by the righteousness of the incarnate God.
Good stuff Mike!

I think God cloned Himself,
in the beginning before He created anything He was alone as an individual in the vast blackness and nothingness of forever,
so for companionship He divided Himself into three of Himself,
of course to divide yourself you must retain your original sense of being yourself even though the clones are exactly the same as you in every respect,
the clones, without any disrespect to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit would naturally see God as the originator even though they were exactly the same.
Our natural order is to think father son but in the Godhead its like that and not like that, Jesus is not a created being but a divided version of God.
and since they both, all three are spirit, they are able to fuse together spiritually I would think to appear as one being but with three personalities.

It isn't coherent to argue that the universe was created by God, but God was in turn created by God to the second power, who was in turn created by God to the third power, and so on which is exactly what cloning is. As Aristotle cogently argued, there must be a reality that causes but is itself uncaused (or, a being that moves but is itself unmoved). Why? Because if there is an infinite regression of causes, then by definition the whole process could never begin in the first place.

To say that a person cannot believe unless they believe in the Trinity is an overstatement, for there were believers in Christ long before anyone ever came up with the word "Trinity." Jesus did not say "Believing in the Trinity doctrine is the way, the truth and the life, and there is no way to the Father except through it." From the moment of "In the beginning God" there is truly a mystery of the Creator who is spirit in nature...whose presence fills the heavens. There is also the mystery of the "fullness of the godhead" who Christ is bodily. There is the mystery of the Holy Spirit, who can be sinned against....whose presence is that of Lord. The "Trinity" was a latter human attempt to explain the infinite, spirit Being's relationship with the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that those who believed in Christ as Lord and Savior were saved long before the word "Trinity" was ever heard of. I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and that they are all one...but I do not believe my salvation hinges on what mankind has labeled "Trinity."

To say that a person cannot believe unless they believe in the Trinity is an overstatement, for there were believers in Christ long before anyone ever came up with the word "Trinity." Jesus did not say "Believing in the Trinity doctrine is the way, the truth and the life, and there is no way to the Father except through it." From the moment of "In the beginning God" there is truly a mystery of the Creator who is spirit in nature...whose presence fills the heavens. There is also the mystery of the "fullness of the godhead" who Christ is bodily. There is the mystery of the Holy Spirit, who can be sinned against....whose presence is that of Lord. The "Trinity" was a latter human attempt to explain the infinite, spirit Being's relationship with the Son and the Holy Spirit. I believe that those who believed in Christ as Lord and Savior were saved long before the word "Trinity" was ever heard of. I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and that they are all one...but I do not believe my salvation hinges on what mankind has labeled "Trinity."

Good comment, nevertheless, allow me to say to you that IMO, it is very important that we as Christians understand at least that there is only one God, and that he exists in three distinct persons who are not identical with each other. I also think it's important that we understand Christ to be one person with two natures. These ideas are important because they have practical implications for:
1). The way we pray -- To whom can we pray? Is it more effective to pray to the Father than to the Son? Is there more than one God?

2). The way we worship -- Who can we name as the object(s) of our worship? What truths can we proclaim in his/their praise?

3). The way we think about our relationships with each other and with God -- In our union with Christ, are we united only to a man? Only to God? Only to a god? Can we become gods too?

The doctrine of the Trinity is perplexing, that is for sure. Augustine said that anyone who denies the Trinity loses his salvation but that anyone who tries to understand it loses his mind.

So how does the Trinity doctrine impact salvation and why do some consider it an essential to salvation??????

Good question!! One can think of salvation as provided by the three divine persons in three logically ordered steps.
#1). Motivated by agape (self-sacrificing) love, God the Father sends His only begotten Son into the world to save sinners (1 John 4:9–10). So the Father initiates salvation.

#2). God the Son, also known as the Incarnate Lord Jesus Christ, accomplishes our salvation by dying in the place of sinners on the cross. Just before His death Jesus proclaimed His soteriological accomplishment by saying: “It is finished” (John 19:30). So the Son achieves salvation.

#3). God the Holy Spirit, also called the Advocate or Comforter, applies salvation by His threefold work of convicting people of sin (John 16:8), regenerating hearts (Titus 3:5), and enabling people to confess Christ as Lord (1 Corinthians 12:3). So the Holy Spirit employs salvation.

A few years ago I encountered Jewish folks who had accepted Christ. They used the term "Tri-unity" rather than "Trinity." Tri-unity...three who is One. I thought that was interesting....so it appears that the word "Trinity" doesn't even have to be used. Neither God the Father, the Son nor the Holy Spirit are dependent upon a theology that we have developed in an attempt to describe Him or the way He works. The Holy Spirit was convicting people of sin, drawing people to Christ, and people were confessing and following Christ as Lord for centuries before anyone came up with the word "Trinity."

A few years ago I encountered Jewish folks who had accepted Christ. They used the term "Tri-unity" rather than "Trinity." Tri-unity...three who is One. I thought that was interesting....so it appears that the word "Trinity" doesn't even have to be used. Neither God the Father, the Son nor the Holy Spirit are dependent upon a theology that we have developed in an attempt to describe Him or the way He works. The Holy Spirit was convicting people of sin, drawing people to Christ, and people were confessing and following Christ as Lord for centuries before anyone came up with the word "Trinity."
No offense, but you know what "Trinity" means, so why be unrealistic about its use. It means "A group consisting of three closely related members. Also called triunity." So let's talk about other things not found in the word of God but believed: Angel's wings - no wings - seraphim and cherubims have wings but are never called angels. The devil having horns or pitchforks. Not one female angel. No one "mocked" Noah and not all animals were two-by-two, but by sevens. No concept of halos written in the word of God. Adam's apple (it was fruit). Jesus could have been a stone builder - the same word is used for both carpenters and builders. NT faith is only found once in the OT, Hab 2:4. Voting in the NT, but lots were cast for big decisions. There are a LOT more, pun intended. :D

Ah-HA! You just admitted it's NOT in the Bible! ;) Could I get a notary to sign that? :D
I'm not saying that using words such as Trinity or Tri-unity can't be used when talking theology, but let's be honest about what it is...a human attempt to describe the indescribable. I'm talking about not exalting a concept or term developed by fallible, sinful, fallen sinners...developed by men who were not inspired writers of Scripture...and exalting it as an infallible profession of salvation. Followers of Christ were content with the mystery, not leaning on their own understanding (but by faith in Christ), for nearly 400 years before anyone came up with "trinity." The inspired New Testament writers wrote of facts such as the deity of Christ and the Holy Spirit...they declared it...and it was accepted by faith. The eastern mind-set accepted the mystery of God...it was the western, Gentile mind-set that had to figure everything out with a formula then exalt it to the same level of Scripture.
As my favorite Christian singer once wrote:
God is God and I am not
I can only see a part of the picture He's painting
God is God and I am man
and I'll never understand it all
for only God is God

Ah-HA! You just admitted it's NOT in the Bible! ;) Could I get a notary to sign that? :D
I'm not saying that using words such as Trinity or Tri-unity can't be used when talking theology, but let's be honest about what it is...a human attempt to describe the indescribable. I'm talking about not exalting a concept or term developed by fallible, sinful, fallen sinners...developed by men who were not inspired writers of Scripture...and exalting it as an infallible profession of salvation. Followers of Christ were content with the mystery, not leaning on their own understanding (but by faith in Christ), for nearly 400 years before anyone came up with "trinity." The inspired New Testament writers wrote of facts such as the deity of Christ and the Holy Spirit...they declared it...and it was accepted by faith. The eastern mind-set accepted the mystery of God...it was the western, Gentile mind-set that had to figure everything out with a formula then exalt it to the same level of Scripture.
As my favorite Christian singer once wrote:
God is God and I am not
I can only see a part of the picture He's painting
God is God and I am man
and I'll never understand it all
for only God is God
Computers, car, airplanes are not in the word of God. Do they not exist? Did you even read the article I posted about the Trinity?

"Computers, car, airplanes are not in the word of God. Do they not exist?"
Well, yes, they do. But they have nothing to do with anything that matters. I don't quite grasp the comparison....I'm sorry.

Back