If I were to commit suicide, would I go to hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly......as we learn to hear Him and learn how to talk with Him, well this is the normal.
You have to expect to hear from Him and yet you tend to hear Him when you were not expecting to...Does this make sense to ytou ?
Well, doesn't that mean that, according to the rule, I would never hear from God?

Yes, from experience which lines up with the word of God, I can tell you, the prompting and prodding one receives to get closer to Jesus is put there by Him.
So you know the answer. Walk in the way and you will win the prize.

Well, doesn't that mean that, according to the rule, I would never hear from God?
Ohhhhhhhhh NO !! What I meant was you have to expect or know that you will hear from God and as we learn to hear His voice it tends to come when we were not thinking about it or like out of the blue.

Ohhhhhhhhh NO !! What I meant was you have to expect or know that you will hear from God and as we learn to hear His voice it tends to come when we were not thinking about it or like out of the blue.
Tis true! And, I have a theory as to why He does it that way too. I think it to make you realize and understand that it is NOT your own mind conjuring it up because you were thinking about it and trying to make it happen....but that it is really God!

He has done this with me a bunch of times. In fact nearly every instance where I know it is God for sure, it was God talking/manifesting this way!

Tis true! And, I have a theory as to why He does it that way too. I think it to make you realize and understand that it is NOT your own mind conjuring it up because you were thinking about it and trying to make it happen....but that it is really God!

He has done this with me a bunch of times. In fact nearly every instance where I know it is God for sure, it was God talking/manifesting this way!

To add to what you said it is a time when your mind is QUIET. When we get all worked up inside over worry or fear or doubt or even wanting to hear Him, well our minds are talking to much to even hear Him if He yelled.
Thanks Mykuhl
Jim

If someone IS saved and they commit suicide then no they will not go to hell in my opinion. Why do I believe this? Well for one people can get sick in the mind just as they can in the body. All sins are forgiven, but blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. So even suicide is forgivable. My mother died from suicide and she was saved, so therefore I will see her in heaven one day.

A warm welcome aboard this ship of enthusiastic Christians!
As @JG27_chili has already touched on; if you need any assistance or have any questions, please feel free to ask. :)

Yes faith is in Jesus.
That no matter what happens, we are his and we are redeemed and we will be saved.
When people ask us, why are you not afraid of death or famine or an economic downturn? Well our hope and trust is in none of these things nor our good works, piety or religion. Our hope is in Jesus and only through him we can have eternal life.

That is why we spread the good news. Cos Jesus came for everyone.

God is merciful but He is also just and holy. Our lives are sacred and I strongly believe that suicide is an express ticket to hell.

God is merciful but He is also just and holy. Our lives are sacred and I strongly believe that suicide is an express ticket to hell.

Actually, no particular sin is a ticket to hell. It is one's unrighteous position before God---that is, whether or not one has been made righteous by the blood of Jesus Christ through faith in Him. God doesn't judge a person for his sins, but by His "legal" standing before Him. A Christian is only judged for the quality of his works, whether they were done through a motive to bring glory to God or not. That judgment is at its own particular set time. A sinner is judged for his standing, whether righteous or unrighteous. His judgment occurs at the end of all things.

So, a Christian who has suffered great upheaval emotionally, and has fallen to sickness of the mind and commits suicide will be received by the Lord, just as any other Christian who dies due to illness.

First thing you need to understand is this: If you commit suicide as a believer in Jesus Christ then what has happened is that you have believed a lie(s) so strongly that it led you into a deep despair that you lost all hope. You have been greatly deceived by the enemy. He has succeeded in taking your life.

Would you go to hell? I can't say for sure but I don't think you would because you were deceived and the Lord is merciful and would know this. I think He would try many times to get you to see the truth before it got to the point of you actually taking your own life. He might even call out one last time as you were dieing.

I agree w/ this.. and your previous post..our lives are not our own... if jesus went thru complete Hell and died an embarassing death ... and didn't tap out not once...

than what right do we have ? you know?

and I know for some its really,really hard... some are raped,abused and unloved.. life can be horrific

but God never intended for us to go it alone, we'd surely die...

but he offers help...

and I do so very much believe he reaches out to us during those times of despair.

Actually, no particular sin is a ticket to hell. It is one's unrighteous position before God---that is, whether or not one has been made righteous by the blood of Jesus Christ through faith in Him. God doesn't judge a person for his sins, but by His "legal" standing before Him. A Christian is only judged for the quality of his works, whether they were done through a motive to bring glory to God or not. That judgment is at its own particular set time. A sinner is judged for his standing, whether righteous or unrighteous. His judgment occurs at the end of all things.

So, a Christian who has suffered great upheaval emotionally, and has fallen to sickness of the mind and commits suicide will be received by the Lord, just as any other Christian who dies due to illness.

I agree, some people are mentally ill, maybe bipolar and kill themselves.
God isn't stupid, he knows their struggle just to be here today,tommorow and the days after..

This might be true if we were to be judged by our own righteousness. In which case, you and me, plus all the rest, would all fail on every count, not just on big things like suicide or murder, but by simple unclean inner thoughts and attitudes.
So Flavio, just how clean and perfect are your own secret thoughts? Have you ever entertained the slightest of unclean thoughts, have you ever been slightly angry at someone? By your own methodology Flavio, unless you can guarantee a lifetime of total inner perfection, you are also on your own expressway to hell.
On the other hand, if the suicider is born of the Spirit of God, then his eternal destiny is not dependent on his earthly success at resisting the temptation to end it all. That poor man's eternal destiny is utterly dependent on the trustworthiness of his Heavenly Father, rather than on himself.
Likewise, you and me have an eternal destiny based on accepting Christ's righteousness, not on whether we live a sin free life minus attempts of suicide or other failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back