If A Young Child Dies, will He/She Go To Heaven?

God speaking through the Prophet Jeremiah accuses the inhabitants of Jerusalem of shedding "innocent blood" by killing of their sons as a sacrifice to Baal.

Jer 19:4 Because they have forsaken me, and have estranged this place, and have burned incense in it unto other gods, whom neither they nor their fathers have known, nor the kings of Judah, and have filled this place with the blood of innocents;
Jer 19:5 They have built also the high places of Baal, to burn their sons with fire for burnt offerings unto Baal, which I commanded not, nor spake it, neither came it into my mind:

Thank you for reminding me of those who are mentally challenged. Of course they will go to be with Jesus when they die. That reminds me of when I candidated for the first full time position of pastor of a small country Baptist Church. After the service, a woman approached me with a similar situation.

A young woman, age 22, who had Down Syndrome was a member of the church of which I hadn't met. The lady asked me if a Down person would go to heaven when she died. I said yes! That test was her only question. I later learned that the young woman with Down was the daughter of the head deacon.
So hanicap people can't break God's law?

How does anyone go to "Heaven"? They need to be as perfect, holy, and spotless as God himself. That righteousness comes from Jesus Christ, and anyone who does not have him will not be in God's kingdom.

1 John 5:12
Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

I know this is a very emotional subject because as parents we love our children. But, loving someone does not neccessarily mean they will be in God's kingdom. It is determined by whoever God loves. If he loves your child then your child will not see death. But, if God has decided to leave your child in their sins then that is his call. The day of the Lord will reveal these things because scripture is not entirely clear on the subject.

What you say has an element of Truth in it for sure. I remember Jesus speaking very tenderly to children, and even to adults who were trying to keep children away from the Master. He said, "Suffer the little children to come unto Me." Also He said, "Such is the kingdom of God."

As a reminder of Romans Chapter five, where there is no law, there is no sin. (my paraphrase)

Thank you for your reply and thoughts. They were very profound. Grace and Peace to you.

So hanicap people can't break God's law?

Some can understand salvation, and others cannot. Those who will not reach a level of understanding will not be held accountable by God. We need to maintain faith in God's powerful love for all people who are mentally challenged, and that He desires that none of them be lost, either.

They weren't Holy and Perfect on their own, they had Christ's righteousness by faith. Christ not only made atonement for the sins of people who were yet to be born, but also for people who had already died.

I like your reply. Those Saints in the Old Covenant were treated differently than the New Covenant. I know that you probably already know this. Just as a reminder, They loved and followed Yahweh very closely. His Laws, Commandments, rules and statutes were always in their hearts to obey. Oh that we would follow our Lord Jesus Christ with the same abandon.

I remember hearing the Gospel by "accident" when I was just flipping through the TV channels many years ago as a young kid. It seemed like Billy Graham was always on TV back then.
YES BUT did it dawn on you what they were saying ? Did you gain enough knowledge to know or understand that you needed Christ ?

As long as they are not cognoscente of breaking God's Laws, they remain innocent. According to the Scriptures that I posted, they have to know that they are breaking God's Laws.
Brother I do have to say you have a very "cool" demeanor about your self, yet unwilling to "compromise" the truth as you see it. As God's Wisdom is multifaceted, meaning having many colors. The Wisdom the Lord has given you is a color I like! :)

How does anyone go to "Heaven"? They need to be as perfect, holy, and spotless as God himself. That righteousness comes from Jesus Christ, and anyone who does not have him will not be in God's kingdom.

1 John 5:12
Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

I know this is a very emotional subject because as parents we love our children. But, loving someone does not neccessarily mean they will be in God's kingdom. It is determined by whoever God loves. If he loves your child then your child will not see death. But, if God has decided to leave your child in their sins then that is his call. The day of the Lord will reveal these things because scripture is not entirely clear on the subject.

Brother you are way off base. God Loves us all. That is why we are under Grace. That is why Jesus went to the cross. Where are you thinking from? If God loves your child or if God does not love your child ?
Blessings Brother

YES BUT did it dawn on you what they were saying ? Did you gain enough knowledge to know or understand that you needed Christ ?
Oh yes, I believed every word he said. I just did not understand the "way" to get salvation. Confessing with your mouth, believing with your heart that Jesus is Lord, by passed me back then.

His love and mercy do not nullify his justice. The soul that sins shall die. If one wants to be in his kingdom they need to be perfect, no exceptions. So either we say children under a certain age are perfect, or Jesus needed to pay their debt too.

Brother none of us can ever be perfect. We however can be cleansed by the Blood Of Christ and through Gods Grace be made the righteousness of God or in Right Standing with God.
This must be perfect is null and void unless it is the Blood that you are referring to.

Brother you are way off base. God Loves us all. That is why we are under Grace. That is why Jesus went to the cross. Where are you thinking from? If God loves your child or if God does not love your child ?
Blessings Brother
Why does God have to love everyone? It's a miracle he loved anyone as sinful as we are! We don't deserve God's love, and God doesn't owe it to anybody. That's why salvation is by GRACE.

Brother none of us can ever be perfect. We however can be cleansed by the Blood Of Christ and through Gods Grace be made the righteousness of God or in Right Standing with God.
This must be perfect is null and void unless it is the Blood that you are referring to.
Of course it is. We are ONLY perfect by the Blood of Christ.

Another thread on the way to a banned topic. Move on.
Greetings Brother Abdicate ,
Why is it that the same few people tend to go to thread to thread and twist the OP and get the most dumbest arguments going and then the OP has to see His or Her thread closed ?

I am Not challenging you or your authority or the choices you make. I am making a bold statement in front of some that are who I am speaking of ?

It just seems in the past few weeks more threads have been closed and it is always the same few members who are right in the middle of it. Sad for being His repersenitives here on earth dont you think ?

That is why I am waiting for some one to come online who can shut down one of my threads for I am not going to watch it get all twisted and full of strife and get shut down. It does no one any good.

Thank Brother Abdicate.
God Bless
Jim

Last edited:
Back