1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

I'd like some advice on something .

Discussion in 'Biblical Advices' started by Michael Collum, Aug 18, 2010.

1. I'd like some advice on something .

A long time ago .. okay back in 2008 .. lol . . (well it feels long to me ..)

I had this experience where all my scripture memory disappeared from me suddenly and i felt like a man searching on the ground for his glasses because . at that time in my life .. the bible had so much to do with the way i saw everything .

but something happened .. it's like all the scripture that was ammassed up went into my emotions .. and i felt like the verses slowly all came back .. but ever since . my way of interpreting the bible has been vastly different .

so ..
    first .. has anyone experienced anything like this?
    second .. any advice on how to interpret the bible now .. that the old way of thinking is kind of .. gone?

i've been kinda avoiding it because it triggers memories of some really scary person i used to be . and when i say scary . i mean scary .
  2. Not long ago God put together a heap of scripture to answer a question...
    Kinda like a jigsaw puzzle being put together before my very eyes.
    Everything relevant to the subject stayed and everything else vanished and it went BANG!
    Thats the only time Iv noticed anything remotely similar to what you just explained lol.
  3. Okay .. well i kinda completed one jigsaw puzzle then built a few more on top of that foundation . and then arranged it just so .. and them KABLAM! .. gone .. it was like a large part of my mind disappeared from me .. it took a while to recover from that .
  4. But i like that . only what is relevant remains .. that's so Holy Spirit . cool JLA .
  5. I feel like that all the time. But when ever anyone asks about something for some reason scripture I didn't even remember memorizing will to pop out. This happens a lot while praying for someone as well. I also use my iphone a lot now to have scriptures always handy :)
  6. At times of stress it is harder to remember things.

When you read the Bible prayerfully read it. The best thing to do it praying in the Spirit. He knows the answer to all things and we are praying the perfect will of God.
  7. I began this journey Jan. 1, 1990 and since the first four years in the faith I've not had this sort of experience. As I reflect on what happened I see that the Holy Spirit was refining my faith and to do that some things that 'I' had determined were replaced with the truth.
  8. I find , although I do not remember where to find the passage ... the Holy Spirit gives me the verse when ever I need it . I just have to look up where it is found.
  9. Dusty, :) One of my favourites :)

John 14:26
    But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
  10. Amen , Michael thanks
  11. :) :) Hey i remembered another one :) :)

Psalm 119:102
    I have not departed from your laws, for you yourself have taught me.

i guess it's important who we are taught by too . i hear many a teacher or preacher lament on how no one remembers what they teach . even James spoke about forgetful hearers . and i think this is the point . we remember anything God teaches because he himself teaches us . and we are supposed to forget what people teach . yea . let all those words fall to the ground .. and perhaps that was what i was experiencing when what i described in the OP happened .