I was a stranger, and ye took me not in....

The “sheep” shall show forth His righteousness towards “strangers” who will be sent out by Him to preach His words (the “angels”) to their ears. They will honor Him as King for they will DO His commandment to have love for the “least brothers” of His who will be sent to preach to the churches.

Matthew 25:40-46 KJV
(40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

But the “goats” will resist what they will hear and speak evil of the “least brothers” that will be sent to speak His words of life to them. They will follow after their father and speak his words of evil (the devil and his “angels”). They will not be found giving "meat in due season" to those sent out by Him. They will be found not entertaining strangers and forgetting brotherly love. All of those who will do unrighteousness at the hearing of His words is of the wicked.

(41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
(42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

They will not recognize a “stranger” sent by Him as they will think in their hearts that the “Lord delays His coming” and will begin to “beat” upon the fellowservants of the Lord with malicious words….and false accusations.

(43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

They will not recognize the day of their visitation as they will hear His voice and reject what He has to say because they will forget to have brotherly love. Their works will not be found complete in the sight of God and so their names will be blotted out of the book of life.

(44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
(45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
(46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Whoever will not be found remembering to let brotherly love continue shall be cast into the “lake of fire”.

Revelation 20:14-15 KJV
(14) And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
(15) And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fir
e.

They will not see the “strangers”….the “least brothers” of His…as messengers of His words as they will reason that the Lord delays His coming and will begin to beat upon them with malicious words. Many will join together in their bad behavior as they will not believe in what the Spirit is saying.

Matthew 24:48-51 KJV
(48) But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;
(49) And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;
(50) The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth as they will lament what they hear and rage against any who will speak His words. They will say that they love God but will show hatred toward the brothers....the least brothers of His.

(51) And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

But we are to suffer in patience and in faith as they will persecute us for our faith. Our faith shall be tested by their “fire”…the second death. We are to be faithful unto the “death” as Jesus did not render evil for evil upon the cross. We shall not be hurt of the “second death”….the “fire” that will come out of their mouths in order to “flame” us with their persecutions.

2 Thessalonians 1:4-10 KJV
(4) So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
(5) Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth for God shall recompense tribulation to them that will trouble us with their malicious words and false accusations.

(6) Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;

They will not put up with the words of the Lord as they will be tormented in the presence of His “angels”…His words.

(7) And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
(8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:

They will be punished from the presence of the Lord for they will not be able to bear what they will hear and speak evil of it. The wicked will have no part in the appearing life of Jesus in our mortal flesh….the glory of His power.

(9) Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
(10) When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

They will reject authority like Korah and company in their rebellion and will suffer the “second death”. We are to depart from the unbelievers who will reject authority in this coming time. We are to come out of the “tents”…out of their denominations….unless we share in their sins (evil speaking) and plagues as God shall trouble them.

Numbers 16:23-33 KJV
(23) And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
(24) Speak unto the congregation, saying, Get you up from about the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram.
(25) And Moses rose up and went unto Dathan and Abiram; and the elders of Israel followed him.
(26) And he spake unto the congregation, saying, Depart, I pray you, from the tents of these wicked men, and touch nothing of theirs, lest ye be consumed in all their sins.
(27) So they gat up from the tabernacle of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram, on every side: and Dathan and Abiram came out, and stood in the door of their tents, and their wives, and their sons, and their little children.
(28) And Moses said, Hereby ye shall know that the LORD hath sent me to do all these works; for I have not done them of mine own mind.

The “second death” will not be like the common death of all men….

(29) If these men die the common death of all men, or if they be visited after the visitation of all men; then the LORD hath not sent me.
(30) But if the LORD make a new thing, and the earth open her mouth, and swallow them up, with all that appertain unto them, and they go down quick into the pit; then ye shall understand that these men have provoked the LORD.
(31) And it came to pass, as he had made an end of speaking all these words, that the ground clave asunder that was under them:
(32) And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up, and their houses, and all the men that appertained unto Korah, and all their goods.
(33) They, and all that appertained to them, went down alive into the pit, and the earth closed upon them: and they perished from among the congregation.

Let us not think in our hearts that the Lord delays His coming…for it will come as a thief in the night. We are to be found of Him letting brotherly love continue in the presence of the “strangers” sent out by Him to preach His Word of Truth. It will not conform to existing teachings of carnal men who strive over who is accounted the greatest among them. Let us entertain strangers and their words….for it may be the Lord who we will be receiving for He comes to us as a “thief in the night”. This is why we are to “watch and be sober” at all times toward all people.

1 Thessalonians 5:1-9 KJV
(1) But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
(2) For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Those who will think that He delays His coming will say also that they will have “peace and safety” to speak evil of those they will not agree with. There will be no peace and safety to speak evil against those who come in the Father’s name….His authority. They will be found “sleeping”….forgetting to let brotherly love continue as they will be “drunk” upon the wine of wrath and will contend with what they will hear.

(3) For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
(4) But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
(5) Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
(6) Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
(7) For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
(8) But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

(9) For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

We can not bless ourselves in our hearts and say “I shall have peace” as we walk in the imagination of our own hearts thinking that we can behave in evil towards what we hear. We are to give His servants sent out by Him to preach His words a “cup of cold water”…..a refreshing response….a loving response…and not add “drunkenness to thirst”…..wrath to those who thirst for a refreshing response.

Deuteronomy 29:19-29 KJV
(19) And it come to pass, when he heareth the words of this curse, that he bless himself in his heart, saying, I shall have peace, though I walk in the imagination of mine heart, to add drunkenness to thirst:
(20) The LORD will not spare him, but then the anger of the LORD and his jealousy shall smoke against that man, and all the curses that are written in this book shall lie upon him, and the LORD shall blot out his name from under heaven.
(21) And the LORD shall separate him unto evil out of all the tribes of Israel, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this book of the law:
(22) So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land, shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the LORD hath laid upon it;
(23) And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the LORD overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath:
(24) Even all nations shall say, Wherefore hath the LORD done thus unto this land? what meaneth the heat of this great anger?
(25) Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
(26) For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:
(27) And the anger of the LORD was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this book:
(28) And the LORD rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day.
(29) The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

Timely...

I was going over this exact parable on Thursday and Friday last week..... I have been thinking about it quite a bit!

Let me say straight off the start - I am not here to apologize for "Ecumenism" or "Humanism"..... I personally don't believe in it. I believe the ONLY way is through Jesus!

Here's what REALLY struck me....

There's the first group.
"The Sheep"
They actually make the claim in Matt 25:37-39 that they DID NOT KNOW or Serve Jesus.
"Lord, WHEN did we see You hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink......"
Think of this for a minute... These folks openly claim that they neither KNEW nor intentionally SERVED Jesus....

And, what is Jesus reply? 25:40 - "In as much as you did it to one of the least of these MY BRETHREN, you did it to me"
So, though they did not intentionally serve or know Jesus as such - they WERE intentionally compassionate and hospitable to "His Brethren"... and this qualifies them for their own inheritance....

Contrast this against "The Goats"
They claim to KNOW Jesus - Who he is... They also make the claim that They have SERVED Him personally! Matt 25:44
"Lord, WHEN did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and DID NOT minister to You?"

And, what is Jesus reply? 25:45 - "In as much as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me"
So, though they made the claim to intentionally serve and know Jesus as such - they were neither compassionate, nor hospitable to "the least of these"... and this qualifies them for eternal separation and punishment....

This is the direction our society is heading now.... We talk a great game of "Salvation" and "Freedom" - but we OBSERVE "The love (Compassion) of many growing cold".....

What occurs to me is that we neglect the message in the book of James... That Faith is Active.. Faith is not a Noun, but rather a Verb... We neglect the message of 1st Corinthians 13 - that without actively doing Compassion and Agape - none of the other great things profit.....

Hi JohnC,

Great points that you have highlighted!

I agree that the “goats” thought that they were serving the Lord. I had not quite caught that before in their response: "Lord, WHEN did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and DID NOT minister to You?" . They definitely saw themselves as ministering to Him but neglected to see Him in the “least brothers” which they had not ministered to but was expected.

This would line up with Matthew 7 where their response to the Lord is that they did many “wonderful works” in His name.

Matthew 7:19-23 KJV
(19) Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
(20) Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

They believe in God…. “Lord, Lord”…but won’t do His will. Faith without good works is dead. We are definitely to have active faith….by DOING the will of our Father which is in heaven.

(21) Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

They had works…but they were not good works. Yet, they thought that their works were “wonderful” and were being done in His name (in His authority)…..but the Lord says that they were really working iniquity. In His name they did cast out devils.

(22) Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
(23) And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The “devils” are those whom they will call “evil doers” for receiving the Word of Truth in this coming time and will cast out the believers from their assemblies….their denominations of men.

Luke 6:22-23 KJV
(22) Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.
(23) Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets.

They will think that they will be doing God “service”….wonderful works in His authority… by speaking evil of another (“killing” them with their evil words, false accusations, etc. ) They will believe the lie.

John 16:1-4 KJV
(1) These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
(2) They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

The “workers of iniquity” will do these things because they will not have known the Father nor the Son: “ And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.”

(3) And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

The following statement of Jesus is key to 2 Thessalonians 2 where Paul writes about the activities of the “man of sin” and states: “Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?”

(4) But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

“Diotrephes” represents the “man of sin” that will be revealed in this coming time. The “man of sin” shall be revealed in every assembly of men….every denomination. Men who love to be first in their congregations shall exercise their authority over them and will not receive the “least brothers” of Him who will be sent out by Him to preach the Word of Truth to the churches.

3 John 1:8-12 KJV
(8) We therefore ought to receive such, that we might be fellowhelpers to the truth.
(9) I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not.

Their deeds….their works…will be found perfect in the sight of God. They will speak evil against the “least brothers” and will not be hospitable. They will “cast out devils” in His name…His authority. The “devils” will be those who will receive the Word of Truth and the “least brothers”.

Even though they say they know and love God and have all faith, they will not show their faith by doing GOOD works. Their faith is “dead”…they say that they are “alive” but are really dead for faith without good works is dead just as the body without the spirit is dead. Faith must be active….for he that does good is of God but he that does evil has not seen God. They do not know God nor the Son.

(10) Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.
(11) Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
(12) Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true.

They will do these so-called “wonderful works” in His name….in His authority as they will exercise their authority over the churches in the same way Diotrephes did. They will sit in the temple of God showing themselves as God for they will say that they are doing these evil deeds in His name....His authority (thinking that they are doing God “service” in His name) as they will prate against the “least brothers” with malicious words and will cast out the “devils” out of their churches ...that is, any person who will receive them.

2 Thessalonians 2:3-17 KJV
(3) Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
(4) Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
(5) Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
(6) And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

They will cast out any who will receive the Word of Truth…..casting out the “devils” from their assemblies as they will call them.

(7) For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
(8) And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
(9) Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
(10) And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

They will think that they are doing God “service” (in His authority) for “killing” those who will receive the “least brothers”….prating against them with malicious words. They will believe in the lie.

(11) And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
(12) That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
(13) But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
(14) Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(15) Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
(16) Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,

(17) Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

We are not to see ourselves as judges (“gods”= Elohim) for God and speak evil of another. There is only One Lawgiver. Yet, the "man of sin" shall sit in the temple of God as God ....being a judge (believing in the lie: ye are as "gods"...elohim...judges... knowing good and evil) of others as they will speak evil of them and cast them out of their churches.

James 4:10-12 KJV
(10) Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.
(11) Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge.
(12) There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest anothe
r?

Back