1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

I sold my bike.

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Ride4theSon, Feb 27, 2009.

1. I sold my bike.

As some of you probably know, I am an avid motorcycle enthusiast. :cool:

Well, last night....I sold my scoot.
    I did settle for $500.00 less than what I wanted, considering the fact that it is in showroom perfect condition, but I still got a good price.

I also managed to shore up a dream I have had for many, many years.
    In her place, in the garage I will park my new......

1976 Shovelhead!!! :dance:

I'll post some pictures soon.

Praise be to God from Whom ALL blessings flow!

(I think I'm going to cry! :crying_anim:)
  2. You feel like a kid again... don't you? :D
  3. I can't wait.

It's been months of trying to make the money work out.
    (I had to talk my wife in to letting me have some of my paycheck!!) :D

But it's a good investment.
    (That's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I got it for 5 grand. I could probably sell it for much more. New paint, Powder blue with pearl flames, and lots of extra's.

We're headed out to dinner tonight to celebrate. I just still can't believe I got an old school harley!! :cool:

Makes the hairs on my arms stick up!
  4. :guitar: She's a high flyin lady,
    She takes me where I want to beeeeee :guitar:

There's no other woman...
    Standin between her "n" meeeeeeeee :guitar:

I'll always be faithful...
    And keep her till thee end of time..... :guitar:

God knows, I'll always love that ole Panhead of mine! :guitar:

(I know, she's a shovelhead, but the song still fits. ) :D
  5. Good for you my friend. I am also a motorcycle lover. But some things have happened that prevent me from ever riding again...........................well.... I can still ride...... but by choice I dont.
    The ol pan head!! NIIIIIICCCEEEE!

Chili out.
  6. We finalized the deal last night over dinner.

In my hot little hand, I hold the title to my 14th motorcycle, but my first HD. :cool:

I called the insurance company and that is all set up.
    Today, I need to....

Go pick up my proof of insurance,
    Take it, and this title to the DMV and transfer the tag from my current bike to my new one.
    Deliver my bike to the buyer,
    pick up my new HD and introduce her to her new garage.

Guess what??...............

Two inches of April snow. :mad: :mad:

It was 55 degrees yesterday, it's supposed to be up in the 60's tomorrow,...but today! :mad:

SNOW!..... And APRIL snow at that!!

Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor. :D
  7. ouch just what you need when yer itching to be riding yer new bike lol.
  8. I know.

I've been working on this for months, trying to get the money all to work, pay off bills, sell my bike, etc.

April snow does happen in Kansas but it isn't terribly common.

Thank you Father God for not spareing one moment to teach me and make me a better person.
    Today's lesson........... Patience. :D
  9. Love seeing a grown man cry over a "shovelhead", particularly since I have no idea what it is, besides a motorcycle.

Howeveer, your obvious joy and excitement makes me think this is something you really, really wanted, so I'm very happy that the Lord has given you such a blessing and I celebrate with you.:dance:
  10. Actually, it's the style of the engine.
    Harley Davidson has manuifactured 5 engines, and the shovelhead engine (Named for the shape of the rocker arm covers.) was only manufactured from 1966 to 1985.
    They are known for two things, a tremendous amount of horse power and their distinctive sound.

Nothing sounds like a Shovelhead. :cool:

This one is not mine, but if you listen to the video, you will hear that sound,....that sweet,.....beautiful,.... song of summer.....
  11. Talk about retro but awesome! Good for you!

My hubby has had a few over the last decade started with a Verago, then he really liked his 900 RR's but he's not into wheelies or stunts anymore. So, he sold his bike 3 years ago and bought a MINTY Magna. Now he wants another 900 RR LOL I told him I like the cruiser ride rather than the sport bike ride!

My parents got thier dream gold wing a year ago. Talk about a caddy ride for a motorcycle..

Loud pipes save lives!
  12. What did you have before that you just sold? If you don't mind me asking?
  13. I have/had a 1988 Suzuki Intruder 750.

I just got back from Town and I'm a legal Beagle!
    Title is transferred to my name, taxes paid, Insurance is done and I hacve the registration.

Now I just need to drop off the Intruder and pick up the Shovel.

Very nice. I like the Goldwings.
    I like the choppers myself, and I had planned to chop this one, but the Mrs had other ideas.
    She wants to Tour, so it's hard saddlebags, and a windjammer for the Shovelhead as well.

14. I just couldn't stand it anymore.
    I don't care how cold it is. If you don't ride in the cold and the rain, you don't "ride" :smile_anim:

The roads are clear and she is home!! :dance:

She's out in the garage right now!
    What a ride!! My face is so cold I cant move my mouth right, but that's okay.
  15. LOL ... what a passion! Next time wear a face mask?

I remember riding on my hubby's old 900RR for the first time. It was a quick ride around so I went without a helmet... never again did I do that.. tears dried to my face, and june bugs don't feel good on the skin!
  16. Ah.....Only Bikers understand why dogs love to stick their heads out car windows! :)

Whatever it is, its better in the wind.

Hey,..... I just noticed this...
    A woman should be so lost in God that man has to seek Him to find her.... :heart:

I really love that.

17. LOLOLOL!!!

My hubby said that when are kids are a bit older he is going to get me a ninja something so I can learn how to ride. We like to ride our modified fiddy's but I was afraid that having a hip replacement I might wanna stay away from the bigger bikes. Although, now I would like to rip around the neighborhood periodically on a big one myself.
    What did you start with first bike wise?
  18. I'm glad you got what u wanted and u're happy about it friend
  19. Your excitement is so contagious, just called hubby and said we need to go ahead and work on buying the Harley's he's been wanting. I've been putting him off because they scare me a bit. I know he would be careful, but so many people don't watch for motorcycles.

But if it makes him as happy as this has made you, how can I not do it for him?

Really happy for ya!
  20. Thank you,...and yes it will make him very happy.

Yea, it's the 4 wheelers that I worry about too.
    Just ride like everyone is out to kill you, and you should be fine.
    Everyone crashes. Some get back on. Some don't. Some can't.

It's the experience that matters. See it isn't the bike, it's the life. You can't really appreciate the trip from inside of a car.

Do it for both of you, you're a team.... Remember, it takes both, pistons, and cylinders to make a bike run. One is not more important than the other.