I just want to say some things about my faith (if you are interested)

My eyes are not on me. I try my best to stick to the Bible at all times, although school makes this extremely hard. But maybe my eyes are on me and I do not accept it.
What do you mean by take my eyes off me? Are there steps to the process. I need instructions, always.

In a very loose statement and way to explain...it is what would Jesus do. In situations (like someone calling your name) ask yourself what would Jesus do, or how would He handle this.

Think about Peter walking on the water. As soon as His eyes were on the storm, he began to sink. As you go through the storms of life right now and in the future, as Euphemia said if you can keep your eyes or thoughts on the way that Jesus would react or how God's Word says to react...then you are keeping your eyes focused on Jesus and not on yourself. Because in every situation, God desires that we lean on Him for help to get through.

Reactions: Juk
Technically speaking, the Bible is literally Jesus. It maybe it's just the words. But the words make up the Bible. So yes, the Bible is Jesus. And I know that salvation by works is impossibru.
How do I choose His joy? What is the process?

The process of choosing joy..is to intentionally make yourself laugh. Don't allow yourself to stay sad or upset or angry or whatever. It's as simple as choosing a candy bar or something. Sometimes it is just difficult to train the flesh to choose God's way of Joy. The flesh wants to react its way not God's way.

Reactions: Juk
The process of choosing joy..is to intentionally make yourself laugh. Don't allow yourself to stay sad or upset or angry or whatever. It's as simple as choosing a candy bar or something. Sometimes it is just difficult to train the flesh to choose God's way of Joy. The flesh wants to react its way not God's way.
Thanks! I did not know that it was that easy!

In a very loose statement and way to explain...it is what would Jesus do. In situations (like someone calling your name) ask yourself what would Jesus do, or how would He handle this.

Think about Peter walking on the water. As soon as His eyes were on the storm, he began to sink. As you go through the storms of life right now and in the future, as Euphemia said if you can keep your eyes or thoughts on the way that Jesus would react or how God's Word says to react...then you are keeping your eyes focused on Jesus and not on yourself. Because in every situation, God desires that we lean on Him for help to get through.
Thanks you.

Then you are on the right path. But without the joy of the Lord it is difficult to stand for very long. And one of the things that it sounds like your learning is patience. And that is a very part of strength.

Keep pressing forward....i can guarantee you that God is carrying you right now. So do not give up.

I have been walking in a very stormy (not the weather) place lately (at least a month) and I am having to learn to praise God even though it seems as if everything is falling apart. And i am having to learn to walk in love and forgiveness in a new level. Because if i don't then because of strife i allow the devil to come in and stop the flow of God's goodness and peace in my life. God desires for you to prosper in all areas of your life and one of those is peace and joy.
Thank you. I will pray for you too.

Back