i have a question

smellycat

Account Closed
i have a question

man makes something,see,s how it works then improves this said thing.until he is happy with the outcome.this is the question is God improving us to get to a satisfactory place.?we are made in God,s image so should we take lessons from this.

He is leading us death to our selves that we may see more of Jesus manifest in our lives- that is a great improvement every time.

God would have us grow into spiritual men and women of God. Totally filled with the Holy Spirit, to a point, nothing negative effects us, but we stand in perfect faith and conviction for God, producing that "fruit" in our lives.

This is why God speaks of the 3 natures of man- "natural"- (unsaved), "Carnal"- (saved but still dealing with sinful thoughts and actions), spiritual- (fully filled by the Holy Spirit and uneffected by trials or temptations).

God Bless!!

woundedsoldier-

There is no evidence Satan was actually attacking Jesus while in the Garden. An Angel was sent to "strengthen" Jesus, not protect Him.

Fact is, the Apostle Paul spoke of how he had to work to keep his body under subjection as well. He never claimed to be a "spiritual man", but an Apostle, teacher, plus more. Not to mention the fact, when he was with Barnabus, after so long, they had to seperate and take on other partners in Ministry, because Paul and Barnabus couldn't get along.

Third- Because Christ was in a physical body, it was open to be effected the same as any other human body. Thus is why, Christ prayed to the Father for that "cup to pass", that if it was God's Will, not Jesus', Christ would live to accomplish His and the Father's goal of sacrifice. It was so the guards who'd come to get Him would not kill Him.

Know that Scriptures prove, Satan could never do anything to anyone without God's permission first- (Book of Job).

I realize your probably a Military Vet, You don't know me woundedsoldier, I've been in military combat before too, so I suggest controlling what you say alittle better. Your foot is getting deeper in your mouth with every retorical post. Maybe you should look at my "nick" here again and rethink what you said.

Theres alot more to me than you'll ever know or concieve my friend.

God Bless!!

Im sorry didnt want to step on anyones toes noy here to cause probems but in all truth we are in a spiritual battle and its a fierce one at that we need to keep our eyes on Jesus always but never should we be ignorant of our enemys devices thats all i am trying to point out if Giod be for us who can be against us

Christian Commando im sorry to hear that you had to experience the great difficulties you have faced i dont know you brother so please frgive me and just so that you know ive never personaly been in combat not physical anyway so please dont missunderstad me brother im a believer and just want to be an encouragement to all here i should realy think before i speak so once again sorry if anyone was offended by what i said we need to encourage one another and not put one another down that is counterc defeating and God has called us to build each other up in the faith God bkless

God would have us grow into spiritual men and women of God. Totally filled with the Holy Spirit, to a point, nothing negative effects us, but we stand in perfect faith and conviction for God, producing that "fruit" in our lives.
You are right in that God desires us to grow into spiritual men and women, but I dare say that any of us could ever have nothing negative effect us, and stand in perfect faith. This is a goal which God sets for us, in our walk to Christlikeness, but it is not obtainable by humans. As humans we will never be capable of perfect faith...if we were, we would not know the world as it is.

woundedsoldier-

No offense taken, I'd already noticed before your a strong and bold Child of God. oh, don't be sorry for what I've experienced. Be happy instead, for they were lessons of God to my learning.

Just know, what I had stated in my last post at the end, was for all of us to learn to be more careful in choosing our words in responces. I've noticed a sensitivity growing within people where I help Moderate too, and its sad. Because we get really good discussions going until two people let Satan get them trailed off in retorical posts, and then pure ofense.

ForgivenWretch-

Quite right. Thats why, outside of Jesus Christ Himself, I've never noticed any other true fully "spiritual man" people. Even as a Minister of many years, I still have plenty far to go.

God Bless!!

Quick question.

Quick question.
Christian Commando

You stated:

Know that Scriptures prove, Satan could never do anything to anyone without God's permission first- (Book of Job).

Where did God give Satan permission? I only see where the boundaries were set.

Why would God turn a spiritual mad dog loose on Job to harm him and his family?

There is no command or permissive statement in the Hebrew that God gave Satan the go ahead to get Job.

The Word Behold all that he has is in your power, simply means Look!!! Pay attention the hedge is down.

We even see God tell Satan that Job was an upright man.

So, who let the hedge down?

If God gave permission to Satan to rip apart Job's family then that contradicts a whole bunch of Scriptures.

God Bless.
Jesus Is Lord.

God allowed Job to be tested to the utmost limits by Satan . But God commanded Satan that he could not kill him .

Job 2

1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the LORD.
2 And the LORD said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
3 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.
4 And Satan answered the LORD, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.
5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.
6 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life. {There is God's permission }
7 So went Satan forth from the presence of the LORD, and smote Job with sore boils from the sole of his foot unto his crown.
8 And he took him a potsherd to scrape himself withal; and he sat down among the ashes.
9 Then said his wife unto him, Dost thou still retain thine integrity? curse God, and die.10 But he said unto her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. What? shall we receive good at the hand of God, and shall we not receive evil? In all this did not Job sin with his lips.
11 N ow when Job's three friends heard of all this evil that was come upon him, they came every one from his own place; Eliphaz the Temanite, and Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite: for they had made an appointment together to come to mourn with him and to comfort him.
12 And when they lifted up their eyes afar off, and knew him not, they lifted up their voice, and wept; and they rent every one his mantle, and sprinkled dust upon their heads toward heaven.
13 So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that his grief was very great.

God nor Satan make us sick . One way we bring sickness on ourselves is by disobeying God's laws for eating properly Leviticus 11 . He told us what we should and should not eat .

If you wish to live long upon the earth then be sure to follow the one commandment God made with a blessing .

"Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which The Lord thy God giveth thee" Exodus 20:12

Hebrews 12:6-8

“For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.”

um... ok.

Tracer, God bless your for the post.

I was kinda looking for a more serious response though. You stated that God or Satan never make us sick. I will give two scriptures and drop it at that.

Act 10:38 How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Luk 13:16 And ought not this woman, a daughter of Abraham, whom Satan has kept bound for eighteen years, be loosed from this bond on the Sabbath day?

So the Devil does not make us sick, or harm us.? I suppose Job just got sick and all those bad things happened to him magically somehow. I think if you read your above post you will find Satan did do some things but kill him.

I won't even comment about the choice of foods we eat. We know that eating junk all day is not good. 1 Tim 4:3-4

you quoted Hebrews 12:6-8. What does that have to do with my question about Job?
If you study your Greek you would know that to Chastise is to teach, educate, correct, and to instruct. To scourge means to physically flog or to figuratively flog.
There is nothing that would indicate sickness, or any type of destruction in your life. You can not take one scripture and make it mean something you want it to mean. We must compare with other scriptures (Isa 28) Spiritual with spiritual brother.

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

He gave us Apostles, Prophets, evangelist, pastor's and teachers. For what?

Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ:
God is not using the tools of hell to train his own children.

So, God gives permission to Satan to destroy Job's stuff, effect his children, and make Job sick with boils. All because God wants to see if Job will curse him or not?

If that being the case then we have to assume.

God is not all knowing. He needs to set up test and experiments to find out if something is true.Test, like harming Job.

God can be tempted with evil making this crazy deal Satan presented to him.
(James 1:13 ......God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:)

Jas 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, I am tempted from God; for God is incapable of being tempted by [what is] evil and He Himself tempts no one. Amplified

Unless I missed something somewhere, Those things that happened to Job were evil. They were not good things.

God will listen to a liar who is incapable of telling the truth.
Jesus said there is NO truth in Satan.

Now if you think those things about the God you serve, then I will pray for you. That's not my God...

God bless
Jesus Is Lord.

Back