1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

I feel...worried and so many other things

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by TippyTip, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Hi you guys...OK so here is my story:
    I started talking to this guy. For the last 7 years he's always shown interest in me but I always kind of ignored him. Around June I started showing interest in him and started responding to him. For years I've always wanted to love him...I just always turned him down because I was afraid of being with a good guy. Now that I've matured and have gotten older in age I want better.

I'm just worried because he did say that he's always busy now with work and just wants to be friends. I agree with the friend thing and that is ok...I'm really scared and paranoid. Every guy I've tried to be with has done me wrong, or we'll talk and they'll eventually fade away....I'm afraid he's doing that now. I'm so afraid he doesn't like me or doesn't find me interesting anymore. It really hurts. I'm trying not to overthink. When I go for a week without hearing from him I get really scared...I just sent him a message on Facebook and I saw that he saw the message but he didn't respond (he's at work right now...I'm trying not to overthink).

To sum it up I'm really scared. I prayed to God to please let this one work out. I've been hurt so many times. ..I think he would hurt me the most if he just stopped talking to me because after him showing interest in me for so many years and me feeling guilty everything I dated a guy because I specifically wouldn't give him a chance would really hurt me.

I've prayed to God to touch his heart and to persuade him to not give up on me. I'm really scared, I just don't want to be another woman another guy just loses interest in and doesn't want.

Am I wrong to feel this way? I'm trying to get back into church. ..I feel like since I haven't been in church for years that I'm not even worthy of God even listening to this request and helping with this situation.

I've just been hurt too many times and I'm just tired.
  2. Lord, Jesus, help TippyTip to seek first the Kingdom of God, and all else will be added . . . Holy Spirit I trust you and actively rest in YOU for your child, Your will be done!!!
    mrsQ and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  3. Thank you
  4. Amen!
  5. It sounds like its really time to get serious in your relationship with God. Start with rededicating your life back to the Lord. Then move into renewing your mind with The Word and accepting His forgiveness for your sins and cleansing from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9). Let Him wash you in the Water of His Word. If your relationship with God is not first place then you will not ever have the peace that God gives to set you free. What your heart (spirit) truly desires right now is being settled in how much God loves you. I know it seems as if what you need is from an earthly man, but sometimes we don't realize that it really God to whom we are seeking.

I will certainly be praying for you!
    God bless!
    Elizabeth Lambino, Angela333 and Euphemia says Amen and like this.
  6. Amen!
  7. I wrote this to another person....but i feel it alplies to you as well.

"As i read your post, i remember when God used the story of the woman caught in adultry to bring peace to me. To show me that He has fully forgiven and released me from my sin. And according to 1 John 1:9as i repented, He cleansed me of my unrighteousness and restores me to righteousness that comes from Him.

In Psalms 103:12
    As far as the east is from the west,
    so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Matthew 11:28-30
    Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

God has removed your burdens and set you free, but He is waiting on you to receive what He has offered and done for you. We have to allow the Word of God to wash over us and set us free. He loves you so very much. And as you have made the choice to accept His Son as your Lord, He will continue to lead you in paths of righteousness and restore your soul (ps 23). However your part is just as important to complete the process. If you will renew your mind with the Word (Romans 12:2) keep it before your eyes (Prov 4:20-27) and in your mouth by meditation (Josh 1:8) and in your ears (Romans 10:17) you will find the peace of God that passes all of your understanding (prov 3:1-8), and it will guard your heart (inner man...spirit) and mind (Phil 4:7).

Isa 54:4Isa 54:8

Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed:
    neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame:
    for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth,
    and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood any more.
    For thy Maker is thine husband;
    the Lord of hosts is his name;
    and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.
    For the Lord hath called thee as a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit,
    and a wife of youth, when thou wast refused, saith thy God.
    For a small moment have I forsaken thee;
    but with great mercies will I gather thee.
    In a little wrath I hid my face from thee for a moment;
    but with everlasting kindness will I have mercy on thee,
    saith the Lord thy Redeemer.

Isa 54:11Isa 54:17

O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted,
    behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours,
    and lay thy foundations with sapphires.
    And I will make thy windows of agates,
    and thy gates of carbuncles,
    and all thy borders of pleasant stones.
    And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord;
    and great shall be the peace of thy children.
    In righteousness shalt thou be established:
    thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear:
    and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
    Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me:
    whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
    Behold, I have created the smith
    that bloweth the coals in the fire,
    and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work;
    and I have created the waster to destroy.

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper;
    and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
    This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
    and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord."

@TippyTip God loves you and desires that you learn and see and feel how much He loves you. When you realize how much He loves you then your fear, anxiety and all of the insecurities that you feel and experience will just melt away. None of the bad stuff (emotions and fears) can stand up underneath God's love for you. (Romans 8:38-39). For now concentrate upon allowing God to restore you and your relationship with Him. If you have the time immerse yourself in the Word. For God knows who He has to walk this life by your side. He knows the plans He has for you, plans to prosper you (in every way) plans of good and not of evil...to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Jer 29:11 — Jer 29:13
    For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart
    Jeremiah 29:14
    And I will be found of you, saith the Lord: and I will turn away your captivity, and I will gather you from all the nations, and from all the places whither I have driven you, saith the Lord; and I will bring you again into the place whence I caused you to be carried away captive.

God Bless You abundantly With grace and peace

Grace means God's overwhelming desire to treat you and me as if sin never happened.
    Elizabeth Lambino and Mykuhl say Amen and like this.
  8. Thank you so much
    Cturtle likes this.