1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

I feel so awesome right now

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by Banarenth, Aug 18, 2008.

1. I feel so awesome right now

In January, after I broke up with my last girlfriend, I looked at myself in the mirror and was completely ashamed of myself. I was completely out of shape, and I had been that way for most of the past 15 years. I weighed myself at 260 lbs, and I have a 40 inch waist. I was disgusted with myself, but I had a lot of extra time on my hands, so I went down to the treadmill 3 days a week.

At first, I walked a very slow pace. Usually took me about 45 minutes to go 2 miles, but really, I couldn't manage anymore than about 20-30 mintues for the first month or so. But I persevered, and eventually started walking on the treadmill 5-6 days a week. And I slowely started to see a slight difference.

A few months ago, a friend asked me to go running with him. I figured I was in better shape so I could handle it pretty well. I was very, very wrong. Walking on a treadmill is a long, long way from jogging outside, even at night. So, I started to go jogging every day. I started with short runs and long walks. usually run about 1/4 mile, and walk it off for 1 mile. Then slowly got myself to run 1 mile laps, walk 1/2 and repeat for about 7-8 miles a day until I could do 2-2.5 miles in one run.

To make an already very long story short, in the past 7 months, I've lost 95 pounds of dead weight, as well as 9 inches (165 lbs, 31 inch waist), and this morning I ran in my first leg race ever. I ran every inch of a 5k run, and I did it in 28:45.

[​IMG]

2. I am proud of you my brother!:)

3. Who is this person? Yourself?

4. Fantastic. Congratulations.

5. Indeed

6. SO proud of you.:D Now don't let anything slow you down. Like a pretty girl friend... :p

You look great!

7. Fortunately or unfortunately, there is definitely no immediate danger of that. :cool:

8. That's Awesome , brother Ban. You look great. I'll bet you feel a lot better too. Blessing to you.:D

9. That is awesome, makes me want to get out and run... Inspirational.

10. thats awsome i keep telling my self that i am going to start exersizing more but i allways find a reason to push it off :( maybe ill start walking home from the bus terminal every night after work.

11. Awesome, great job. You're an inspiration!

12. Race # 2 was this morning. Another 5k run. I came in 358 overall, 25 in my division. My time was 26:31 and my pace was 8:32 (down from 28:45/9:15). So exciting.

My next race is next month, it will be 5 miles, so a bit longer than 5k (2 miles longer). Time to start training for it.

13. Good for you Bro Ban. I will be praying for you.:groupray::groupray:

14. This is you Bro Ban...

[​IMG]

15. Dusty, that is your oddest clip-art yet :eek: ...... it is like watching The Village People at Halloween. :D

Doing great, Banarenth!

16. He he ....:):) Cheers .... Some mothers do have em!!!! LOL:D:D