I Don't Think I Can Do This Anymore :/ ( No Judgment Pls)

["dan in the lion's den, post: 278673, member: 8065"]Pancakes, Psalm 27 verse 10. Thats what I had to go through and much, much more. God wants ALL of us. Our thoughts, words, deeds AND even our relationships. Let all things go. Turn to Christ. Trust Him. Remember. A person who's never been lonely cannot minister as effectively to the forgotten as someone who has experienced it. There are SO MANY who are hurting. Imagine what you would say to them. You have an experience that will come to bear testimony to God's abundant love. Blessed are you Pancakes...you see the world in a way most can't. You know what it feels like. THATS what makes a really effective ministry. Draw close to the Lord. It's what He wants so He can prepare you. Continue to love those around you despite how you might feel or don't feel. Nevermind how you think they may or may not feel towards you. Make your life God-centered and not relationships-centered. Watch God fill up that space in your precious heart.[/quote]

I understand this.. But sometimes im like why me? But i understand how having someone go through what you go through can help. If i had someone like me who went through what Im dealing with and is tellin me I can do it.. Thatd make all the differencr for me. And yah I need to be God centered rather than people centered. Thnx all

["dan in the lion's den, post: 278673, member: 8065"]Pancakes, Psalm 27 verse 10. Thats what I had to go through and much, much more. God wants ALL of us. Our thoughts, words, deeds AND even our relationships. Let all things go. Turn to Christ. Trust Him. Remember. A person who's never been lonely cannot minister as effectively to the forgotten as someone who has experienced it. There are SO MANY who are hurting. Imagine what you would say to them. You have an experience that will come to bear testimony to God's abundant love. Blessed are you Pancakes...you see the world in a way most can't. You know what it feels like. THATS what makes a really effective ministry. Draw close to the Lord. It's what He wants so He can prepare you. Continue to love those around you despite how you might feel or don't feel. Nevermind how you think they may or may not feel towards you. Make your life God-centered and not relationships-centered. Watch God fill up that space in your precious heart.

I understand this.. But sometimes im like why me? But i understand how having someone go through what you go through can help. If i had someone like me who went through what Im dealing with and is tellin me I can do it.. Thatd make all the differencr for me. And yah I need to be God centered rather than people centered. Thnx all

Pancakes, I think all of us have been saying that we have gone through what you are going through. I have one, small family. I had one set of friends. Guess what? I gave up nearly 75% of those people and although we communicate, it is not nearly as frequently as it once was. I had to choose between people I've been friends with for years (one for 12) and guess what? I did it. Is it easy? No. Do I like saying that most of my time now consists of CFS because (for now) it's where I feel comfort in fellow-shipping? Not really, but it's what's best for me.

God will always have you choose Him over anyone in this world. We must. Even if our parents. I love my mother more than anything. She is my best friend, even though our relationship has been mighty contentious from the moment I was a little girl. She knows everything, and I mean nearly every single little thing about me. If I had to choose between her and God, it would be God in a heartbeat. My mother can't send me to heaven. My mother can't give me a life of eternity. Jesus is the only mediator. He is the only way.

One last thing before I part. I was bullied very badly in school. I had horrible acne and braces. Thank God I bloomed after 18 to the point where no one recognized me, but the years when I struggled with hormones, I remember wanting to die for months...to the point where I attempted it and wound up in a mental facility. I look back now and laugh about it. God blessed me because I no longer have those problems. Now my only issue is female friends....I have no problem with men, but they always want something else (be careful of men who say they want to be your friend...). Essentially, at this point in my life I'm looking for my life partner and focusing on God. I'm not worried about what people think of my relationship with Him. If it causes a barrier between my friends and family, then so be it.

...but you better believe I would never blame God for such things. God's goal is for you to have an abundant everlasting life. You can't get there trying to please others and trying to be liked. He is the One and only you should be focusing on and trying to please.

[qe="Dirtyrottensinner, post: 278660, member: 11263"]Hey pancakes, I think I get what your saying, I think that 'abandoning' your mother is not God's intent. It is about putting Him before everyone else. If you are living at home with your Mom-you would still be bound under her authority in the home according to the Bible whether or not she is 'saved'. I don't think anyone could prove enough to me that you have to fully abandon your relationship with your mother unless that is what the Spirit is leading you to do.

Even so 'honor your mother & father' comes after 'love the Lord your God'. It is still a pretty important commandment....

We worship God in spirit, and we honor our parents on Earth.

You're right, God wants me to put Him first... Not abandon my mom completely ..but put Him before her... And I am living under her roof and she's not saved yet.. And I try my best to honor her... I think.. Idk that's not a prob for me BC I love her so much

You[/quote]

Hi Pan!

Just to let you know...............God NEVER temps man to sin! NEVER!

Is what you are felling is that, then it is not God from whom it comes but from the tempter of all men who is Satan.

I am also an only child. My father passed away in 2004 and now my wife and I care for my mother. She is bi-polar and now has alzheimers. I want you to know that it is not a choice between her and the Lord. It is a challenge to see how we will succeed in this part of our life but we will succeed!

Not because of us but because of HIM who we allow to live through us.

Now then, some of what you are feeling may be coming from the fact that your mother is not a saved woman. That alone brings a certain amount of depression and anziety when we apply to our parents. WE want them to be in heaven with us and the best way and the only way is for you to present yourself as a living testimony and pray for her and expalin the gospel when the the door of opportunity presents itself.

Hi Pan!

Just to let you know...............God NEVER temps man to sin! NEVER!

Is what you are felling is that, then it is not God from whom it comes but from the tempter of all men who is Satan.

I am also an only child. My father passed away in 2004 and now my wife and I care for my mother. She is bi-polar and now has alzheimers. I want you to know that it is not a choice between her and the Lord. It is a challenge to see how we will succeed in this part of our life but we will succeed!

Not because of us but because of HIM who we allow to live through us.

Now then, some of what you are feeling may be coming from the fact that your mother is not a saved woman. That alone brings a certain amount of depression and anziety when we apply to our parents. WE want them to be in heaven with us and the best way and the only way is for you to present yourself as a living testimony and pray for her and expalin the gospel when the the door of opportunity presents itself.

Pray for your mother pancakes. I did, and after 12 years she finally began attending church. Up until that point I prayed and cried a lot about her coming around to God. I can't say for sure if she is saved...She get's on to me for posting "to much stuff about God" on Facebook. IMO, when you love the Lord with all your heart, you can't wait to proclaim it. Any where. Any how.

I'm going to be honest...when she made that comment it almost made me want to cry because she has told me she was saved since a child since she was raised Roman Catholic. How could she question me quoting scriptures and talking positively about our Lord? Wouldn't she be proud of that?

It was in that instant where I realized that her and I are at different points. I even considered taking some of my posts down. Sad, I know, but I would have been putting HER BEFORE GOD in that instant and there is no way I could do that. As you can see, there are other ways to put people ahead of God. It's not always so cut and dry.

I think Major is right. If your mother isn't saved, it's going to cause anguish and anxiety. Just do what I did and pray about it. Believe it or not only about 6 months of consistent prayer and she was there next to me in church.

WE want them to be in heaven with us and the best way and the only way is for you to present yourself as a living testimony and pray for her and expalin the gospel when the the door of opportunity presents itself.

One last thing that Major mentioned is absolutely correct!! I had been going to church for a few years, but nothing about who I was changed. It wasn't until I was able to calmly talk to her when she would get critical and mean. It wasn't until she saw a difference in who I was talking to and what my goals were in life. When she saw a change it me, that is when she started going. She saw a confidence that I had, having NO friends since devoting my life to Jesus, which was a stark contract to having the same/little confidence when I had a ton. People are attracted to THE LIGHT and want to be a part of it. I did this journey and am continuing it all on my own (except for with this lovely crowd :)) You can do it too pancakes. Is it lonely? Yes, but only lonely at FIRST....

Then you realize you're only missing the world. Once you get over that hump, you will never look back. Trust me. THE WORLD IS FILLED WITH LIES.

Back