1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

I Do Not Trust My Husband

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Nikki, Jul 26, 2012.

1. I don't know what to do. I do not trust my husband. As far as I know he has never given me a reason not to trust him. My husband is in the process of starting up his own business and finishing his mastors. He is a very busy man. He is constantly going to networking meeting, phone calls that require him to have a quiet place to talk. It seems as though he prefers to be without the family, he will stay home and "work" while I take our kids out. We also used to work out together but for the last 3 months or so he seems to perfer playing basketball rather than working out with me. He has been talking strange lately and acting strange. He has bought me a few items recently, clothing and a bathing suit. Now, we are supposed to be going away a week or so but I don't "need" clothes or a bathing suit. I feel like he is treating me nice for a reason.. Also he has complained that he needs more sex and we already have sex minimun 3 times a week. He has even been different in the bed. He is a good guy but I'm concerned about the changes I see in him. I don't know if it is because of the stress of school and starting a business or if he is distracted by someone else.
  2. A woman's intuition is very good. I recall one test done on cheating spouses where woman were 70% correct and the men only 10%.

In my past I had a girlfriend who suspected me, yet I was doing nothing of the sort. She was so distraught and full of doubt that she ended up ruining the relationship and dumping me (cut a long story short). So don't assume anything! Just grab him and talk to him properly about how you feel first. If there is still further reason to doubt, get a PI :).

Praying for you, good luck!
  3. NikKi, first of all, welcome to CFS. From what you say, there seems to be no reason to mistrust your husband. He is busy with study and work, basketball....not much time for an illicit interest on the side is there? He seems to be aware that you and the children are getting the raw end of the stick, could that be the reason for the planned vacation?
    The increased desire for love making might be that he is feeling a little empty and drained, maybe he is looking to the marriage bed to regain a sense of personal worth. Just try standing by your man and his needs and see what eventuates.
  4. Thank you for your comments. As soon as I was done writing this post yesturday I decided to sit down and talk with my husband. He explained to me all that he is dealing with inside and also assured me that he is not cheating on me. I believe him. He isn't that type of guy. I am so glad that I spoke with him instead of letting my mind wander even further. Thank you for allowing me to vent before speaking with my husband.
  5. Wow! Very good outcome! Praise God for this! :D It could have gone the wrong way, but you stopped, prayed, and sought wise counsel before making a decision on how to proceed.

Now, make sure that you do trust him = conform any of your thoughts of "his possible cheating" to remind yourself of the fact that he is not and either way, as his wife you owe it to him to trust him.

I have a similar situation at home. My husband of 21 years has never given me a concrete reason to distrust him, but unfortunately, the world we live in with all the temptations and exhibitions of it ("Cheaters" show), it's very easy to assume guilt when there is an appearance of it. This is true ESPECIALLY when your husband is also a believer.

May He bless you as you pursue His Truth!!
  6. There are essentially three possibilities:
    Your husband chet you with another person
    Your husband is too engaged in understanding you as a loving human being
    Your husband prepares a surprise for you
    You know your husband at the best. And moreover we have our female intuition. We feel if something is not all right.
    Listen to your feeling but do not put pressure on him. Attempt to find out what can be his reason.