1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Lost In Life

Discussion in 'Requests for Assistance' started by CPC4, Jan 1, 2013.

1. I am searching for myself. I pray to God for answers but sometimes I don't get answers. Sometimes I feel so lonely, like no one understands me. Eventually you ask why? Then you ask yourself do I know myself? I am searching for inner peace and happiness. I feel like the past three years have been a roller coaster of emotions and I am just lost now. I have no one in my life to enjoy a relationship with and I feel like God is the only one there for me. But sometimes he does not answer. How can I find my inner happiness?
  2. Seek and ye shall find. Put him first and desire to do his will and he will give you the desires of your heart. When we turn to him, he always turns to us for he is faithful and true. Read his word and you will find peace and truth and joy unspeakable.
    Aby Johns and CPC4 say Amen and like this.
  3. Sometimes I think our attempts to "find ourselves" are a lot like when you are looking for your glasses when they are on your head the whole time. I think we often make the search more complicated than it has to be, or we get ahead of ourselves. Sometimes, we get a look at ourselves and don't like what we see, so we continue to look for a more appealing self. Well, maybe those thoughts are helpful, maybe they aren't. Let me take a little time to think and pray, and we'll see if we can't help you get on solid footing.
    CPC4 likes this.
  4. Hi, when you speak of God, do you speak specifically of Jesus Christ? The reason I am asking is that only through Jesus can we have eternal life and a relationship with God. Jesus died so that we can be reconciled to God, it is through Jesus that we recieve salvation and it is through Jesus that we will find an inner peace that surpasses all understanding.

Joh 3:16

God loved the people of this world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who has faith in him will have eternal life and never really die.
    Joh 3:17
    God did not send his Son into the world to condemn its people. He sent him to save them!
    Joh 3:18
    No one who has faith in God's Son will be condemned. But everyone who doesn't have faith in him has already been condemned for not having faith in God's only Son.
    Joh 14:5

Thomas said, "Lord, we don't even know where you are going! How can we know the way?"
    Joh 14:6
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life!" Jesus answered. "Without me, no one can go to the Father.
    Joh 14:7
    If you had known me, you would have known the Father. But from now on, you do know him, and you have seen him."
    Joh 14:8
    Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father. That is all we need."
    Joh 14:9
    Jesus replied: Philip, I have been with you for a long time. Don't you know who I am? If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. How can you ask me to show you the Father?
    Joh 14:10
    Don't you believe that I am one with the Father and that the Father is one with me? What I say isn't said on my own. The Father who lives in me does these things.
    Joh 14:11
    Have faith in me when I say that the Father is one with me and that I am one with the Father. Or else have faith in me simply because of the things I do.
    Joh 14:12
    I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things that I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father.
    Joh 14:13
    Ask me, and I will do whatever you ask. This way the Son will bring honor to the Father.
    Joh 14:14
    I will do whatever you ask me to do.
    Joh 14:15
    Jesus said to his disciples: If you love me, you will do as I command.
    Joh 14:16
    Then I will ask the Father to send you the Holy Spirit who will help you and always be with you.
    Joh 14:17
    The Spirit will show you what is true. The people of this world cannot accept the Spirit, because they don't see or know him. But you know the Spirit, who is with you and will keep on living in you.
    Joh 14:18
    I won't leave you like orphans. I will come back to you.
    Joh 14:19
    In a little while the people of this world won't be able to see me, but you will see me. And because I live, you will live.
    Joh 14:20
    Then you will know that I am one with the Father. You will know that you are one with me, and I am one with you.
    Joh 14:21
    If you love me, you will do what I have said, and my Father will love you. I will also love you and show you what I am like.
    Joh 14:22
    The other Judas, not Judas Iscariot, then spoke up and asked, "Lord, what do you mean by saying that you will show us what you are like, but you will not show the people of this world?"
    Joh 14:23
    Jesus replied: If anyone loves me, they will obey me. Then my Father will love them, and we will come to them and live in them.
    Joh 14:24
    But anyone who doesn't love me, won't obey me. What they have heard me say doesn't really come from me, but from the Father who sent me.
    Joh 14:25
    I have told you these things while I am still with you.
    Joh 14:26
    But the Holy Spirit will come and help you, because the Father will send the Spirit to take my place. The Spirit will teach you everything and will remind you of what I said while I was with you.
    Joh 14:27
    I give you peace, the kind of peace that only I can give. It isn't like the peace that this world can give. So don't be worried or afraid.
  5. Well sometimes I will just speak. Ill be like, "hi God, thank you for blah blah or please show yourself in my life." I am not really sure if there is anything specific I am suppose to do when I pray. Do I speak to, "God" or "Jesus"?
  6. I am very new to Christianity and have been to church only once. I enjoyed it very much but as you can see I lack the basic knowledge.
  7. I would suggest you continue to go. Do you have a bible? If not try and get one as soon as possible and start reading. I would suggest you start reading from the Gospel of John (In the New Testament forth book).

When we pray we pray to Jesus, He intercedes (prays to God) on our behalf. Although Jesus is God, when praying to Him, we acknowledge His Supremacy, His Lordship and His work of salvation over our lives.

When you pray, dont worry about structured prayers, but rather speak to Him as if He were right there in the room with you. Tell Him how you feel, what you day was like etc.

Here is a simple example, please make it personal for yourself.

"Lord Jesus, I acknowledge You as Lord and saviour over my life. Lord thank you for creating me and loving me. Thank You Jesus, that You know everything about me, You know when I wake up, You know when I sleep, You know my past and my future. Lord forgive me for the things I have done wrong, Lord teach me to know You more, teach me to love others more. Lord Jesus, I submit my life to You and believe in You. Jesus fill me with Your Holy Spirit, comfort me, guide me, teach me and grant me peace.

Lord today I did this .........
    Lord I feel .........
    Lord protect me from .....
    Lord help me with.......

Thank You Jesus, I worship You and You alone, You are the most High God and there is no other. Amen"

I also suggest you connect with others on this forum, ask questions and get to know people. I still strongly suggest you continue going to church, reading your bible and pray.

God bless
    CPC4 likes this.
  8. God's Word says that if we seek Him we will find Him. Dont worry about knowing all the doctrines of Christianity, God wants You first and will bring you up in His ways later. He has a master plan for you, that is why He created you, once you dedicate your life to seeking Him, He has promised never to let you go, His plans for you will be accomplished.

All of mankind is in need of Jesus Christ, He is the gift of God so all mankind who believe in Him will be saved. No good works, no effort on our behalf, all we have to do is believe in Jesus and know that as soon as we put our faith in Jesus and repent (turn) from our sinful ways then we are forgiven and our eternal salvation is secure.
    CPC4 likes this.
  9. It is just absolutely incredible that God would just sacrifice his only son for us. Us people who sin and many who don't even believe in Him. Yet He still loves all of us, it blows my mind. Why would God or Jesus be so focused on me or maybe you? Why does He have such big plans for us? You would think that someone as all mighty as God would have better things to do than worry about some kid like me.
  10. Simply because He loves you. I dont think we can ever appreciate just how much God loves us. It goes beyond our understanding or experience. We were created for His glory and His purposes. It is amazing that one day we can be in His actual presence!
  11. How do you get into Heaven? I know you must believe in Jesus Christ but if I sin will I not go to Heaven?
  12. As soon as we give our lives to Christ, believe in Him and let Him change us into His image (Christianity is a journey with God, letting Him change us on the way) when we die (physically) we go to heaven, not because of how good we are but because of what Christ did for us. When we are believers in Christ, God sees Christ in us and not ourselves. When we ask for forgiveness, our sins are actually forgotten by God.

How is that for grace? No other religion in the world offers or even comes close to what Christ did for us. All other religions require obeying a set of laws, which we are actually not capable of obeying because we sin naturally. All Christ requires of us is to believe IN Him and repent of our sins (turn away). Yes we still sin as Christians, but something strange happens in us after conversion, we actually start hating sin. Before we were Christian, we either where not even aware of our sin or just had a mild guilty conscience but now the Holy Spirit knocks on our hearts and we start hating sin so we start sinning less and less and start loving more and more. A true work of God.
    CPC4 likes this.
  13. Hi there. You have gotten all the advice you need. I just want to add that I think its important for you to think a bit about free will. God's hands are effectively tied from getting involved in our lives until we accept Him. When we accept Him, His pre-planned path for our life can unfold. We walk with that 'knowing' that we are in His will.
    CPC4 likes this.
  14. Sometimes, it takes years to find yourself. Enjoy the journey. Discover who you are, love yourself. Nothing is wrong with trying to find yourself. In fact, I believe that's one desire that God wants for us: To know who we are in Him and to love ourselves whole-heartedly. :)

You said, "I have no one in my life to enjoy a relationship with and I feel like God is the only one there for me." Don't focus too much on a relationship right now with anyone, but focus on your walk with God and learn to love yourself for who you are. And once you do, God will bless you with many blessings. You can't expect a relationship with someone when you aren't sure of yourself. Know the scripture, "Love others as you love yourself?" How can you love others or expect others to love you when you don't love yourself?

I'm praying for you. Just enjoy the journey of finding yourself, of loving yourself. Don't think about tomorrow, but just think about today. Focus on one day at a time! :)
    CPC4 and Aby Johns say Amen and like this.
  15. thank you very much. I have started to read the Bible and pray to God more often. I look forward to improving my relationship with him :)
    KingJ likes this.
  16. I think adonaicole hit the nail on the head with that post. Have faith. Trust in God.
    There is a radio station i like to listen to at night before i go to sleep, it reads out the bible 7 days/nights a week non stop with 4 presenters reading 3 men and one woman. When i listen to this station its like God is with me, talking to me. If you can find such a station that does the same in your country/area, tune into it. It has helped me a lot to be closer to God. Plus to be honest sometimes when reading the bible in bed i tend to fall asleep quicker than i would like too, when listening to the bible being read i stay awake much longer and it sinks into the mind and i end up having a real good sleep that night.

You wont feel lonely. :)
  17. Oh one more thing, i am in my 40's and still haven't found myself :ROFLMAO: still chasing dreams so your not alone.

Dont worry to much. God Bless
    CPC4 likes this.
  18. God left this note for you:

...God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them... And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. ...Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved. But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

I am the way, the truth and the life.

Jesus the Christ-Son of the Living God

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.
    For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    But God commandeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

With Love,

Paul-Apostle to the Gentiles

Never stop seeking...
    CPC4 likes this.
  19. Hey bud, i can sort of relate to you. My life was derailed a few years back after getting mixed up with a few things that were not the best for me. I later found god and got saved and am now much more incontrol. One thing that helped was i became close with someone from my church. We talk alot over txt messages and face to face on a Sunday and they have helped me to become closer to god and happier. One thing that really gives me inner peace and happiness is helping others. Like just small things, but its very rewarding. Why don't you help someone find god for example? Or even just volunteer somewhere or be more generous. If it feels right in your heart its right in the eyes ofyour father. Just do what feels right. Hope your back to yourself again soon bud :)