I Am Confused About A Recent Situation - Still Shaking...

was
I miss your point .. still learning was asking for advice .. she got different advice, however all is after the fact, and as such too late for any to be heeded .. and if a similar situation presents itself, she could only choose one option of the different ones presented to her ..
actually that post was by "brotherly" demand :)...

Fear is something we feel even though we may consciously know it is from evil and not God... yet the heart starts to rush and the stomach gets all tied in knots, many remain frozen in fear... this is the time when one must consciously refuse to fear and with prayer and supplications to God the knots disappear, the heart calms down and the frozen thaws out and we regain our composure and fight back against that which did that to us, to me when it happens... i refuse it with my whole being and refuse to fall prey to it, if God is with me who can be against me... no one.

1) To the person who essentially criticized me for being scared of a woman - I resent that. You don't think women can go psychotic or don't carry weapons? or have any strength whatsoever? I was alone, in the dark at 4am with my cash-filled purse on the passenger's seat. Would you respect my story more if I said it was a man? how about a BLACK man? Huh, Mister Macho, how about that?

2) To the person who said I was looking for advice - close, but not quite. I just wanted to get a general idea of what other people would have done in that situation and also looking for some Bible passages to calm my nerves. Not exactly "advice."

3) thank you to everyone else who understood what I was asking and gave me great responses!

1) To the person who essentially criticized me for being scared of a woman - I resent that. You don't think women can go psychotic or don't carry weapons? or have any strength whatsoever? I was alone, in the dark at 4am with my cash-filled purse on the passenger's seat. Would you respect my story more if I said it was a man? how about a BLACK man? Huh, Mister Macho, how about that?

2) To the person who said I was looking for advice - close, but not quite. I just wanted to get a general idea of what other people would have done in that situation and also looking for some Bible passages to calm my nerves. Not exactly "advice."

3) thank you to everyone else who understood what I was asking and gave me great responses!

still learning .. resentment is a knee jerk response ..
and not the best one .. let it roll off you like water on a duck ..
I'm surprised Rosa did not give you the one that helps her .. that would be Psalm 23 ..

it never is smart to put yourself in an unsafe place unless God tells you to ..
and if He does, then you know not only his staff, but his rod will give you comfort ..
but I still think .. the incident was the mechanism to compel you to join ..

may God bless you always ..

looking for some Bible passages to calm my nerves. "

John 20:19
19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jewish leaders, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you!”

IMO: we’re not perfect yet… fear is a natural reaction…

Fear is knowing who we are in front of a situation: a greater power or authority for example...

Although fear is unfounded if we know we have greater power or faith that the greatest power there is will never leave or forsake us....

"No Fear" is just acting out a routine....

Acting in spite of fear is courage, faith....

Last edited:
still learning .. resentment is a knee jerk response ..
and not the best one .. let it roll off you like water on a duck ..
I'm surprised Rosa did not give you the one that helps her .. that would be Psalm 23 ..

it never is smart to put yourself in an unsafe place unless God tells you to ..
and if He does, then you know not only his staff, but his rod will give you comfort ..
but I still think .. the incident was the mechanism to compel you to join ..

may God bless you always ..

So true... Psalm 23 is my go to prayer for any situation... thank you .

You did not say it was a man, black man or butch woman. You said woman. Woman = Paris Hilton. Generally non-aggressive and non-threatening even with a gun...

Do you / have you ever given lifts to hitch-hikers? Now be honest, would you think twice about giving a lift to a lady? I wouldn't. My wife wouldn't. My kid wouldn't. My pastor wouldn't. You are simply paranoid. You need to deal with it. The unwelcome visitor at your gate was not a threat to you.

Back