Hypothetical Question

So, basically.. try to escape and if you don't make it then pray for strength for the future torture treatments and execution you face...I just wish their was a better way. I started making the excuse like Huntingteckel said about the world still needing Christians to continue the Gospel and also that if I died than who am I helping? I know Christ died for a reason, but who would I be converting through my death? And then I made the excuse of "oh but if i fake not being a christian it might not be the right thing to do but it's not like what i'm doing is evil and I will be forgiven". But idk about that either.. Additional question, would you lie about being a Christian/agree to a final term like for example: Curse Jesus and burn your bible in front of their king and then pledge yourself to the king or whatever if they were going to murder your family too if you didn't?

I wasn't trying to make an excuse. I would hopefully never deny my faith but I wouldn't stand in the beheading line either. They'd have to catch me and then I'd be screaming that Jesus is my savior as they lop off my head.

I would give them the ol' Frank Dux roundhouse

tumblr_mmi2r91D1l1qig1kfo1_400.gif
Whats up with you and all these violent movies? Ease off the creatine and coffee :p

Remember when Jesus said that he was going to be arrested and delivered into the hands of sinners. Then Peter tells Jesus I will go with you and die, and all the Apostles said the same thing. Yet they all ran away when that time came!!

Mar 14:29 Peter said to him, "Even though they all fall away, I will not."
Mar 14:30 And Jesus said to him, "Truly, I tell you, this very night, before the rooster crows twice, you will deny me three times."
Mar 14:31 But he said emphatically, "If I must die with you, I will not deny you." And they all said the same.

Jesus tells us what to do when you find yourself in that kind of situation.

Mar 13:9 "But be on your guard. For they will deliver you over to councils, and you will be beaten in synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them.
Mar 13:10 And the gospel must first be proclaimed to all nations.
Mar 13:11 And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit.

Luke 21:12But before all this they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name's sake.
Luke 21:13 This will be your opportunity to bear witness.
Luke 21:14 Settle it therefore in your minds not to meditate beforehand how to answer,
Luk 21:15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict.

Saying what you would do or say before that time is not wise as we do not know what tomorrow will bring.

Back