1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Hurricane Shutters

Discussion in 'Environmental Issues' started by Jeffin, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Hurricane Shutters

Just a reminder: Hurricane Shutters Florida has done a good financial contribution to our community. Take a look at their website: http://www.hurricaneshuttersflorida.com/flashutter/
    and contact them for inquiries or for a free estimate.
  2. I looked and yes, they have awesome products like the glass~
    We don't have hurricanes where I live but it's always good to know, just in case.

3. As I mentioned in another posting area of the Forum some time ago, I have seen these products in action in various places along the Gulf Coast and southern Atlantic Coast. They work as advertised and are a much better alternative to just using plywood.

When our Chaplain Responders go in to a post hurricane devastation area and see 10 foot long 2 X 4 lumber driven right through a 15 inch Royal Palm tree trunk, THAT is what destroys property... debris driven by 150 MPH+ winds. These shutters and other products from the company are rated for high energy impact and definately do the job.
  4. I have also visited their website and reccomended a friend to review it.
  5. I notice that they are located in Florida- do they ship these products? I wonder if these can be install by an individual?
  6. They ship to anyone and YOU then have the installation done by a local installer or do-it-yourself by FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER.

Quoting from their website: