Humility !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Availability To God​
“And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham, and said unto him,
Abraham: and he said, Behold, here I am” (Gen. 22:1).​
There were three different telephone numbers on the calling card the businessman handed
me. I called all of the numbers several times, but I only reached his voice mail. At first I thought
he was out of town or that he didn’t want me to talk to me. But a friend explained that he was so
busy, it was almost impossible to contact him by phone. Because the fellow wasn’t available, I
gave up and haven’t called again.
Three times in this chapter we hear the patriarch Abraham say, “Here I am” or “Here am I”
(22:1, 7, 11). To say the least, there are several other great words and statements in this story. But
because this response illustrates how Abraham was available to God, it must be placed at the top
of the list. Without question, genuine availability to God is nowhere more vividly illustrated than
in this scene.
Abraham is numbered among a rare breed of submissive hearts in the Bible who were
available to God. Jacob, in his old age (see Gen. 46:2); Moses, on the backside of the desert (see
Exo. 3:4); Samuel, as a little child (see 1 Sam. 3:4); Isaiah, a future prophet and writer (see Isa.
6:8); and Ananias, an unusual servant (see Acts 9:10); all responded, “Here am I,” to God. May
this same spirit of availability prevail in each of us.​
Availability to God means that we are interested in what God has to say!​
Abraham’s
answer, “Here I am,” indicates that he had an ear for God. The Lord didn’t have to call him several
times; he was listening to what God had to say! Our God is not silent! By His Spirit He also
speaks to you and me. In an hour of many voices, we need to be available to Him, vitally
interested in what He has to say.

Availability to God means that we are willing to do what God wants us to do!​
With God’s
calls come His demands. Although the Lord had a very demanding word for Abraham, his “Here I
am” indicated he was yielded to whatever God had in mind. Availability to God is giving
ourselves to the will of God before we’re fully knowledgeable of it. It is saying “Yes” to God
before we know the consequences.

Availability to God means that we are trusting God with the outcome!​
“Here I am” is a
confession of personal faith. It is not only believing that God speaks, and that God demands, but
that God will also do what is best. It is trusting in the Lord with all our heart and leaning not to our
own understanding (see Prov. 3:5). May the “Here I am” of Abraham be an inspiration for us to

exhibit true availability to God.

Do those Babies Who Die in Infancy Go to Heaven?

“But now he is dead, wherefore should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.”
(2 Samuel 12:23)

Do those babies who die in infancy go to heaven? As a pastor, this question is much more than an idle curiosity or a point of theological speculation to me. I have been called upon on many occasions to minister to mothers who had lost their babies and to preach the funerals of infants and toddlers. At such times I want to do what I can to comfort the mourning parents, and yet be thoroughly honest regarding the teachings of Holy Scripture.

There are many who teach that “The baptized babies of believing parents go to heaven.” But the Word of God nowhere places any saving efficacy in the ordinance of baptism. And the Bible plainly forbids the practice of baptizing babies. Only those who are themselves believers are to be admitted to the ordinance of baptism; and then it is to be performed only by immersion (Acts 8:36-39). Some people, out of mere sentimentalism, say that “Infants who die become the angels of heaven.” But those who read the Bible know that the heavenly angels were created by God to minister to his elect people (Hebrews 1:13-13). A few people even teach that “Those babies who die in infancy are lost.” The Bible certainly does not teach that. When David’s servants told him that his baby boy had died, David went into the house of God and worshipped. When he did, he said to his servants, “He is dead, wherefore should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he shall not return to me.” David’s clear implication was that he hoped to meet his son again in heaven when he died. But we still want something more personally satisfying, when we take the tiny coffin of an infant to the grave. Here are some things that have helped me to answer this question from the Scriptures. — Do those babies who die in infancy go to heaven?

Depraved

We know that all men are born with depraved, sinful hearts. Sin is not something boys learn at school. Sin is the inbred disease of the human race. All are born in sin. David said, “Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me” (Psalm 51:5). He tells us that all men “are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they are born speaking lies” (Psalm 58:3). Through the sin and fall of our father Adam, we all became sinners. We were all born spiritually dead sinners. Paul said, “By one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned” (Romans 5:12). Every baby born into the world is born a sinner, guilty of Adam’s transgression, deserving eternal punishment. Even that baby who dies in infancy must have an atonement for sin through the blood of Christ, and must have a new nature by divine regeneration, or it cannot go to heaven.

Judgment

Yet, the Bible teaches us that no one is ever sent to hell because of Adam’s sin (Ezekiel 18:20). The Word of God addresses men and women and deals with them as responsible, reasonable and accountable beings. Every warning and every promise is addressed to people who are morally responsible to God for their own actions. While all are deserving of God’s wrath, because all are sinners by nature, none are ever said to be judged guilty by God, except those who willfully transgress his law, which infants cannot be said to do. In fact, the Scriptures seem to imply that God will not eternally condemn anyone solely upon the basis of Adam’s transgression. The Lord himself declares, “The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: Every man shall be put to death for his own sin” (Deuteronomy 24:16).

Answer

Knowing my heavenly Father’s character, that he is just, righteous and good, when I read statements such as David made about his son, and consider the whole Revelation of God in Scripture, I can, with confidence and joy, say, yes, those babies who die in infancy do go to heaven. They are chosen of God, redeemed by Christ and regenerated by the Holy Spirit. Like all of God’s elect, they are saved by the pure, free, sovereign grace of God. In his great wisdom and goodness the Lord God takes them away from the evil to come and spared all the pains of life in this world (Isaiah 57:1). So, with regard to those babies who die in infancy, as with all who die in Christ, the Spirit of God says, — “Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord!

Don Fortner​

The Bethlehem Definition​
“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of
thee shall He come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; Whose goings forth have been of
old, from everlasting” (Micah 5:2).​
What is the most important book in your house? It may be a first aid book, a book
describing the treatment of physical injuries. Some women might say that a cookbook, a book of
recipes, is a priority. Others would find a how-to book, a book for home improvement, to be a
constant necessity. Well, from my perspective, the Bible, the precious Word of God, is the most
important book. After that, I would need a dictionary, a word book of some sort.
I’m sure some of my high school teachers would never have believed that a dictionary and a
thesaurus would become important volumes in my life. Certainly, they never would have imagined
me perusing the meanings and the usage of Hebrew and Greek terms. In preaching and teaching
the Bible, book by book, chapter by chapter and verse by verse, however, the study of words and
their meanings are vitally significant.
The prophet Micah had similar sermons for both the Northern Kingdom (Israel), and the
Southern Kingdom (Judah). But mingled in his message of God’s displeasure and their future
captivities are several Messianic prophecies. The celebrated prophecy before us, celebrated
because of the specific prediction regarding Christ’s incarnation and the place of His birth, affords
us three names which have significant meanings.​
The definition of the name “Bethlehem” points us to the fullness of God!​
Numbered among
all the names that begin with the prefix “Beth,” which means “house,” Bethlehem is defined,
“house of bread.” Certainly, this was a good name given to “the bread basket,” or “the harvest
capitol” of Israel in Bible times. But being the birthplace of Christ, “the Bread of Life” (John
6:35), the name of this city wonderfully points us to the fullness of God’s provision.

The definition of the name “Ephratah” points us to the fruitfulness of God!​
In fact, while
the name was used interchangeably with Bethlehem, the term signifies “a place of fruitfulness.”
The fact that the shepherds were “keeping watch over their flocks by night” (Luke 2:8) in this area
indicates it provided favorable pastures. Of course, the Christ of Bethlehem came not just to
provide a place of fruitfulness, but to be the food and pasture for His sheep.

The definition of the name “Judah” points us to the faithfulness of God!​
Looking at the
name “Judah,” which denotes “praise,” alongside of “Bethlehem,” meaning “house of bread,” and
“Ephratah,” signifying “a place of fruitfulness,” we are met with “a house of bread, fruitfulness
and praise.” While God’s faithfulness was seen in this place of abundance, it is really set forth in

the Person of the Lord Jesus, Who came to save, bless and work through His people

Everyone knows that water is the habitat of fish. We might say, fish were made for the water and the water was made for them. It is the world in which they live and function. In fact, without it, they can do nothing. It is their life, strength, and hope! As they move through the water, the water moves through them. Christ is the believer’s habitat, the spiritual world in which we live. “For in Him we live, and move, and have our being” (Acts 17:28). We live in Him, and He lives in us. Without Him, we can do nothing! (see John 15:5). Without Him, we are like fish out of water!

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." Ephesians 6:13

Learning to trust in the Lord - By Newell McMahan

bible.gif

What time I am afraid, I will trust in Thee,
For only Thou art my safety for time and eternity.
The Lord protecteth His own as a mother hen with her chicks under her wing.
In the midnight of sorrow and distress, He can cause you to sing.

Call upon me and I will answer thee, the Bible doth say,
I will show thee great and mighty things by trusting God’s way.
In our darkest night of anxiety and utter despair,
In the midnight of trouble we can find the Lord in prayer.

God can do the impossible when there seems no possible way out,
He can fill our heart with faith and trust and remove all our doubt.
God has not given us the spirit of fear but of love and power and a sound mind,
He does not want us to doubt or have any fears of the wrong kind.

FAITH is the conqueror over all doubt and anxiety and fear,
We can always know in the midst of our problems, God is always near.
Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world,
So take all your anxiety and fear and on the Lord hurl.

A faith that has not been tested cannot be trusted it is true,
So thank God for the valley you are having to pass through.
You will come through refined as gold tried in the fire,
Knowing god has His perfect will should be our heart’s desire.

God knows the frail weakness of our human frame,
So He tells us to trust Jesus Christ’s perfect name.
God will do for us what no earthly person ever could,
God will see you through, because He said He would!

Newell C. McMahan​

Why Does God Love Me?
John 13:1
Joh 11:5 Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
Mr 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him,
John the Beloved...the disciple whom Jesus loved...
Intro: many ask "why did He love me?" "Why did He save me?"
Ps 8:4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
I. BECAUSE HE MADE ME
1. Ownership
2. Craftsmanship workmanship=poem, song, a creation of the heart
Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
II. BECAUSE OF MY NEED
Ro 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
1. I was Head Sick. 2. I was Heart Sick.

I was that stray dog on the side of the road. God took pity on me and made me His own.
III. BECAUSE OF MY POTENTIAL
1. I am a page on which He can Write
Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2. I am clay on which He can mold.
Isa 64:8 But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
3. I am a Life upon which He can reflect
Luke 11:33 No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light..35 Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness.
4. I am a Vessel that He can fill
2 Tim. 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.

IV. BECAUSE OF MY COST
1. I Cost Him His Son.
2. I Cost Him His Suffering and Death

V. BECAUSE OF HIS PURPOSE
2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Building God’s House With Wisdom
by Zac Poonen

David wanted to build a temple for the Lord (2 Samuel 7). Nobody told him to do it. But he thought in his heart, “I dwell in a beautiful house, but the ark of God dwells within a tent” (v.2). I wish more believers would think like that: “Lord, what a comfortable house I have built for myself. How much money I have spent on my own house. How little I have given for Your work! How little I am concerned about Your work!” God’s work requires workers who will sacrifice themselves, their ambitions, their time and their money. Many believers work overtime in their factories and make profit for their companies. Can’t we as God’s servants do a little overtime work for Him – without any pay and without any complaining?

David was a man after God’s own heart, and he was concerned about God’s house. May all of us have such a heart as his, till the end of our days – always concerned about God’s house more than our own house. God will take care of your house if you take care of His. Many years ago I said to the Lord, “Lord, I have a house and You have a house. Give me grace to look after Your house, and You look after mine. ” I made that little exchange with the Lord, and I want to say that God has been more faithful in looking after my house than I have been in looking after His.

But God did not permit David to build His house. The reason was that David had been a man of war and only a man of peace could build God’s house (1Chr.28:3). Notice this principle: A man of war cannot build God’s house. We have to go beyond the war and enter into God’s rest. War is necessary to begin with. But we must enter into rest. David cleared the ground for Solomon by defeating all the enemies of Israel. He also collected all the gold and silver required for the temple. But Solomon built it. Are we willing to do that? Can we do all the hard work and then let someone else get the honour for doing the work? Or do we want the honour ourselves? The man after God’s own heart does all the work in the background to make it easier for others and is willing to let them get the honour.

Even though Solomon was the wisest and most intelligent man that ever lived, and even though he was the one who was going to build God’s temple, yet God gave the plan of the temple to David and not to Solomon. It is really amazing to read in 1Chronicles 28:11-19 that the wisest man in the world had to be told how much gold he should use for the lampstand and how to make forks! Why was the plan given to David? Because David was a man after God’s own heart. Solomon was a man who had a clever head, but David had a good heart.

God gave the plan of the tabernacle to Moses not when he was 40, but when he was 80. Why? At 40, he was full of the wisdom of Egypt and would have modified God’s plan considerably. Then the glory of God would not have rested on the tabernacle. But by the time Moses was 80, the chaff of human wisdom had been sifted out of his head, and he was willing to submit to God’s wisdom. Then he constructed the tabernacle as a simple structure. as God intended it to be.

It was so with the temple too. Solomon was only the contractor who built it. The one who got the plan from God was David - “the man after God’s own heart”. Even today, God does not reveal His plan for building the church as the Body of Christ, to clever people with good brains, but to humble people with good hearts. If you are intelligent and also humble, that is fine. But the primary requirement for God’s work is humility, not intelligence.

1 Corinthians 3:18 says, “If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this age, let him become foolish that he may become wise.” Thank God for the intelligence He has given you. That is very useful in the study of science and mathematics. But when it comes to Scripture, it is different. Here you have to become foolish in order to be wise. That means that you have to come to God in humility and say, “Lord, in spiritual matters I am as stupid as a donkey. Please teach me”. The cleverness of this world is foolishness with God (1Cor.3:19).

It is written further that “God catches the clever in their craftiness. The reasonings of the clever are useless” (1Cor.3:20). Take all the reasonings and arguments of the cleverest people in the world and put them all together, and God says that all of it is useless. When it comes to spiritual things it is the one who is humble who has a great advantage. And the person who is proud of his intelligence and cleverness has a tremendous disadvantage.

If intelligence had been the main requirement to serve God, then Jesus would have gone to the Bible school that Gamaliel was running at Jerusalem, and selected His apostles from there. Why didn’t He do that? Why did He go to the lakeside in Galilee, and pick fishermen who had never been to a Bible school? Because He was not looking for clever men but for humble men, who were willing to learn. Are you teachable? If you are offended by what you are reading, that would be the clearest proof that you are proud. Only proud people get offended.

Do not be afraid

(Letters of John Newton)​
How wonderful is Christ's administration in His kingdom of grace! He is present with all His creatures--but in a special manner with His own people--each of whom are monuments of His saving power. For He finds them all in a state of rebellion and enmity--and makes them His willing people! From the moment that He reveals His love to them--He espouses their cause, and takes all their concerns into His own hands. He is near and attentive to every one of them--as if there were only that one!

This high and lofty One, who inhabits eternity, before whom the angels veil their faces--condescends to hold communion with those whom men despise. He passes by the kings and the princes--to manifest Himself to a humble soul in a mud-walled cottage! He . . .
comforts them when in trouble,
strengthens them when weak,
makes their beds in sickness,
revives them when fainting, and
upholds them when falling!

He so wisely and effectually manages for them, that, though they are persecuted and tempted, though their enemies are many and mighty--nothing is able to separate them from His love!

We shall find Him, in all situations--to be our sun, shield, and exceeding great reward! He says to all of His children, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you! I have called you by name--you are Mine! When you go through deep waters and great trouble--I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty--you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression--you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior!" Isaiah 43:1-3.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Ways of a Backslider Pro. 14:14 with II Pet. 2:6-8
The life of Lot offers many "ways" of a backslider. You're probably backslidden if:

1. You walk by sight, rather than faith - Gen. 13:10
2. You make decisions without praying - Gen. 13:11
3. You are comfortable around worldly and wicked people - Gen. 13:12; 19:1
4. You are a continual burden to God's people - Gen. 14:11-16 (Lot was always a burden to Abraham.)
5. You seek to honor men rather than God - Gen. 19:1
6. You have experienced a compromise in moral standards - Gen. 19:8
7. Your testimony is not taken seriously - Gen. 19:14
8. You are not trying to win souls - Gen. 19:15; 18:32 (Lot had won no one outside of his family.)
9. You linger about obeying God's word - Gen. 19:15-16
10. You deny God's word - Gen. 19:18-20

Lord hears our prayer
20For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
21Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
22And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. - 1 John 3:20-22

What is a Christian?​

There are many Christians who really do not know who they are or what they are. They know they are on their way to Heaven but have no clue of their standing before God because of Calvary. A Christian is Born Again (1 Pet 1:23 KJV) Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (Eph 2:6 KJV) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: A Christian Is Not A Sinner (1 John 3:9 KJV) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. (Heb 7:26 KJV) For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens; (Isa 43:25 KJV) I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins. 1. A Christian sins but is never referred to as a sinner in Scripture. 2. A Christian has every sin removed not just covered (Colossians 2:13-14) 3. A Christian is totally cleansed of all sin and readied for heaven. (1 Pet.1:4) A Christian is Redeemed (Rev 5:9 KJV) And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; A Christian is Qualified for Ministry (Psa 50:16-17 KJV) But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth? {17} Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee. (1 Tim 1:12 KJV) And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; A Christian is a Spiritually Gifted Individual 1. 1 Corinthians 12:7-11 2. Romans 12:5-8 3. Ephesians 4:11-12 A Christian is a Servant (Luke 17:10 KJV) So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do. A Christian is a Sacrifice (Rom 12:1 KJV) I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. A Christian is Transformed not Reformed (Rom 12:2 KJV) And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God. An example of Reformed - Luke 11:24-26 A Christian is a Contender (Jude 1:3 KJV) Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. A Christian is an Ambassador (Eph 6:20 KJV) For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

If ya think about it EVERYTHING boils down to humility in any shape or form. When we humble our selves we become submissive and obeidient wether it be to our boss at werk or to our Lord Jesus. This subject is extremly deeeeeeeeep as the layers of the onion. This is where you can do a fearless moral search of your self. You will be surprised what you may find!!:cool::eek: Very cool and very shocking.
Look at the 12 steps of Christianity/AA "Alcoholics Annonymous" it's in both books. Been there done that still goin through it. it's that deeeeeeeeep. HUMILITY!! is key

Chili out.

God Bless you all on this journey :groupray::israel::shepherd:

Self-Control
Another characteristic which should be prevalent in the believer’s life is that of self-control. This means that the believer is to be temperate in all situations. It covers areas such as: anger, lust, eating and drinking, or any area which could severely affect our testimony and/or lifestyle if allowed to continue unabated.
Your gentleness should be evident (Phil 4:5 KJV) Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. The word “moderation” in this verse carries with it the meaning of gentleness. Some have tried to horribly misuse this verse to try and prove their “everything in moderation” theory, especially when they want to have a beer or partake in some other worldly activity. Self-Control is one of the ingredients for kindness (2 Pet 1:6 KJV) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; Self-Control is a requirement for Church leadership (1 Tim 3:3 KJV) Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; (Titus 1:7 KJV) For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; Our tongue must be controlled (James 1:26 KJV) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Self-Indulgence must be controlled (Eccl 6:7 KJV) All the labour of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled. Worldly pleasures must be controlled (Luke 8:14 KJV) And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. Envy must be controlled (Psa 37:1 KJV) Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. Selfishness must be controlled (1 John 3:17 KJV) But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? Self-Will must be controlled (2 Pet 2:10 KJV) But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Stubbornness must be controlled (Zec 7:11 KJV) But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear. Anger must be controlled (Prov 15:18 KJV) A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife. (Prov 16:32 KJV) He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. Grudges must be controlled (Mat 5:23-24 KJV) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; {24} Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Our attitudes must be controlled (Rom 12:3 KJV) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. (Phil 2:4 KJV) Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

If ya think about it EVERYTHING boils down to humility in any shape or form. When we humble our selves we become submissive and obeidient wether it be to our boss at werk or to our Lord Jesus. This subject is extremly deeeeeeeeep as the layers of the onion. This is where you can do a fearless moral search of your self. You will be surprised what you may find!!:cool::eek: Very cool and very shocking.
Look at the 12 steps of Christianity/AA "Alcoholics Annonymous" it's in both books. Been there done that still goin through it. it's that deeeeeeeeep. HUMILITY!! is key

Chili out.

God Bless you all on this journey :groupray::israel::shepherd:

you can find it all here. the 12 steps explain it all along with the Bible.

Self-Control
Another characteristic which should be prevalent in the believer’s life is that of self-control. This means that the believer is to be temperate in all situations. It covers areas such as: anger, lust, eating and drinking, or any area which could severely affect our testimony and/or lifestyle if allowed to continue unabated.
Your gentleness should be evident (Phil 4:5 KJV) Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. The word “moderation” in this verse carries with it the meaning of gentleness. Some have tried to horribly misuse this verse to try and prove their “everything in moderation” theory, especially when they want to have a beer or partake in some other worldly activity. Self-Control is one of the ingredients for kindness (2 Pet 1:6 KJV) And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; Self-Control is a requirement for Church leadership (1 Tim 3:3 KJV) Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; (Titus 1:7 KJV) For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; Our tongue must be controlled (James 1:26 KJV) If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. Self-Indulgence must be controlled (Eccl 6:7 KJV) All the labour of man is for his mouth, and yet the appetite is not filled. Worldly pleasures must be controlled (Luke 8:14 KJV) And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. Envy must be controlled (Psa 37:1 KJV) Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. Selfishness must be controlled (1 John 3:17 KJV) But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? Self-Will must be controlled (2 Pet 2:10 KJV) But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. Stubbornness must be controlled (Zec 7:11 KJV) But they refused to hearken, and pulled away the shoulder, and stopped their ears, that they should not hear. Anger must be controlled (Prov 15:18 KJV) A wrathful man stirreth up strife: but he that is slow to anger appeaseth strife. (Prov 16:32 KJV) He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. Grudges must be controlled (Mat 5:23-24 KJV) Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; {24} Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift. Our attitudes must be controlled (Rom 12:3 KJV) For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. (Phil 2:4 KJV) Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others

Never read this thread before, just did. Wow. This has blessed me. Read it last night, and today something very very good (To say the least) remains on me.

Even makes me think "Okay NOW I'm saved. NOW I'm free."

Thank you Jesus and brother Daniels.

An honest heart​
welcomes
godly reproof.

“Grace will teach a
Christian to take those
potions which are
wholesome, though
they be not toothsome”
(Geo. Swinnock, 1660).
“Rebuke a wise man