Humility !

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the quick reply, after you click "Reply to Post", there are smileys to the right in the new screen.

No the quick reply, after you click "Reply to Post", there are smileys to the right in the new screen.

Ok , My question. I have never used the quick reply. What is the advantage of it ? I always use the post reply. There of course are the smilies to the right ...... I love them thanks.

It must be my computer...tried it both ways, the window to the right will not open to display them. Thanks to all of you who offered advice.

They shall not prevail against thee
And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the LORD, to deliver thee.
- Jeremiah 1:19
1. God with us - Vision of the Lord
But the LORD is with me as a mighty terrible one: therefore my persecutors shall stumble, and they shall not prevail: they shall be greatly ashamed; for they shall not prosper: their everlasting confusion shall never be forgotten.
- Jeremiah 20:11

2. God in us - Vigour of the LordAnd I will make thee unto this people a fenced brasen wall: and they shall fight against thee, but they shall not prevail against thee: for I am with thee to save thee and to deliver thee, saith the LORD.
- Jeremiah 15:20

3. God for us - Victory of the LordThe LORD shall go forth as a mighty man, he shall stir up jealousy like a man of war: he shall cry, yea, roar; he shall prevail against his enemies.
- Isaiah 42:13

The LORD will receive my prayer

- Psalm 6:9

1. Abraham's prayer - Family enlargement
And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him
exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
- Genesis 17:20

2. Hezekiah 's prayer - Life extension
Turn again, and tell Hezekiah the captain of my people, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David thy father, I have heard thy
prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will heal thee: on the third day thou shalt go up unto the house of the LORD.
- 2 Kings 20:5

3. Josiah's prayer - Merciful Emancipation
Because thine heart was tender, and thou didst humble thyself before God, when thou heardest his words against this place,
and against the inhabitants thereof, and humbledst thyself before me, and didst rend thy clothes, and weep before me; I have
even heard thee also, saith the LORD.
- 2 chronicles 34:27

4. Zachariah's prayer - Glorious evangelism
But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and
thou shalt call his name John.
- Luke 1:13

5. Cornelius's prayer - Divine Enjoyment
And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
- Acts 10:31

Nice posting Daniels thanks!

I am proud of my humility!LOL!:D

The Humility Of Jesus[SIZE=+0]
And what Jesus taught His disciples was always true of Himself: "He who humbles himself shall be exalted." (Luke 14:11) Listen to the words in which our Lord speaks of His relation to the Father, and see how unceasingly He uses the words not - and nothing - of Himself. The not I in which Paul expresses his relation to Christ is the very spirit of what Christ says of His relation to the Father. [SIZE=+0]
"The Son can do nothing of Himself..." (John 5:19)[SIZE=+0]
"I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me." (John 6:38) [SIZE=+0]
"My teaching is not Mine" (John 7:16) [SIZE=+0]
"I do nothing of Myself" (John 8:28 KJV) [SIZE=+0]
"I have not come of Myself but He sent Me." (John 8:42 KJV) [SIZE=+0]
"I seek not Mine own glory" (John 8:50 KJV) [SIZE=+0]
"The words that I say, I speak not from Myself" (John 14:10 KJV)
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

I live in a very tiny house.
So humble, you might wonder how a Father and Son could live there.
There is a secret to this house not all can see, the foundation is solid rock.
The frame members are hardened steel, each tested before being bolted to solid rock.
The narrow profile leaves no target for the wind.
When the earth shakes, the house moves with it, for it is built on solid rock.
People look at my house and say, "how sad, so poor, so small".
But I just smile as I see a well watered land before me, a rainbow shines above me and bridges cross the river below and my feet are standing on solid ground.

The mistakes of the disciples of Jesus

A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher. - Luke 6:40

1. Panic stricken disciples
Then His disciples came to Him and awoke Him, saying, “Lord, save us! We are perishing!”
- Matthew 8:25

2. Misunderstanding disciples
And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear.
- Matthew 14:26

3. Fault finding disciples
But when His disciples saw it, they were indignant, saying, “Why this waste?
- Matthew 26:8

4. Impotent disciples
So I brought him to Your disciples, but they could not cure him.”
- Matthew 17:16

5. Lukewarm disciples
Then He came to the disciples and found them sleeping, and said to Peter, “What! Could you not watch with Me one hour?
- Matthew 26:40

6. Unsteady disciples
But all this was done that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled.”
Then all the disciples forsook Him and fled.
- Matthew 26:56

7. Self willed disciples
Then they brought little children to Him, that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked those who brought them.
- Mark 10:13

Blessings of fasting

14Then came to him the disciples of John, saying,
Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?
15And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bride chamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.
- Matthew 9:14-15

1. Victory in battle
And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
- 2 Chronicles 20:3,4

2. Salvation from destruction
Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
- Esther 4:16

3. Power in ministry
Howbeit this kind goeth not out but by prayer and fasting.
- Matthew 17:21

Jeremiah 33:3 - Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.
THE ACTION OF PRAYER - "Call"
1. Call Correctly, (Praise - Psalm 9:1-2, In Name of Christ - John
14:13-14)
2. Call Cleanly (Psalm 66:18, Psalm 32:5)
3. Call Clearly (Ask for Specifics - Matthew 7:7-11}
4. Call Confidently (1 John 5:14-15)
5. Call Continually (Matthew 7:7 means to keep on asking, seeking,
knocking.)

THE DIRECTION OF PRAYER - "Call unto me (God)"

THE EXPECTATION OF PRAYER - "And I will answer thee..."

SOURCES OF COMFORT
A TOPICAL MESSAGE

For the born again Christian there are at least seven sources of comfort. Perhaps you need them yourself right now, but if not, you can learn where to direct others when they need comfort.

1. THE FATHER

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 - Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; [4] Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

Psalm 68:5 - A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation.

Isaiah 26:3-4 - Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. [4] Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:

Philippians 4:6-7 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. [7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

2. THE SON

1 John 2:1-2 - My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Matthew 11:28-30 - Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

John 14:27 - Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

3. THE HOLY SPIRIT

John 14:16-18 - And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; [17] Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. [18] I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

John 16:7-15 - Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. [8] And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: [9] Of sin, because they believe not on me; [10] Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; [11] Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. [12] I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. [13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. [14] He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. [15] All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

4. THE WORD OF GOD

Romans 15:4 - For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

5. THE PREACHING OF GOD'S WORD

2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

6. THE BRETHREN

Hebrews 10:24-25 - And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: [25] Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Romans 12:15 - Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Galatians 6:2 - Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.

7. THE FUTURE

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 - But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. [14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. [15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. [16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: [17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. [18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

The Circles of The Christian Life.

1. Circle of Faith.

I Corinthians 15: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

2. Circle of Service.

Luke 10: 1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly [is] great, but the labourers [are] few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

3. Circle of Fellowship.

Mark 3: 13 And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth [unto him] whom he would: and they came unto him.

14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

15 And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

4. Circle of Privilege.

Mark 5: 37 And he suffered no man to follow him, save Peter, and James, and John the brother of James.

5. Circle of Love.

Jn 21: 20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

I live in a very tiny house.
So humble, you might wonder how a Father and Son could live there.
There is a secret to this house not all can see, the foundation is solid rock.
The frame members are hardened steel, each tested before being bolted to solid rock.
The narrow profile leaves no target for the wind.
When the earth shakes, the house moves with it, for it is built on solid rock.
People look at my house and say, "how sad, so poor, so small".
But I just smile as I see a well watered land before me, a rainbow shines above me and bridges cross the river below and my feet are standing on solid ground.

You know what Don.... People always look on the outside but God looks at the heart and I can honesty say that the Lord must be pleased with your humility and your attitude. He will honour you for that my brother. And that house is full of love.... the love of Jesus and that is what counts. So my brother don't worry what people say... just follow Jesus and be commited to Him. That is what counts.

God richly bless you my brother.

The Lord our Shepherd will guard us
"Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock."
- Jeremiah 31:10
1. Shepherd's love
"To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out."
- John 10:3

2. Shepherd's direction
"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice."
- John 10:4

3. Shepherd's sacrifice
"I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."
- John 10:11

4. Shepherd's knowledge
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me"
- John 10:27

5. Shepherd's care
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."
- John 10:28

What we are called from and called to:
I. Called from labor to rest (Matt. 11:28)
II. Called from death to life (1 John 3:14)
III. Called from bondage to liberty (Gal 5:13)
IV. Called out of darkness into light (1 Pet. 2:9)
V. Called from bondage to peace (1 Cor. 7:15
VI. Called to the fellowship of His Son (1 Cor. 1:9)
What we are made by obeying the call:
I. We are made sons of God (John 1:12)
II. We are made the children of God (Gal. 3:26)
III. We are made the servants of God (Matt. 25:21)
IV. We are made God's saints (Col. 1:1)
V. We are made God's witnesses (I Thess. 2:10)
VI. We are made workers together with God (2 Cor. 6:1)
VII. We are called to a high calling (Phil. 3:14)
VIII. We are called to a holy calling (2 Tim. 1:9)
IX. We are called to a heavenly calling (Heb. 3:1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back