Human Teachings

Honestly, I did horrible in history and social studies in school. I did horrible in science, too. I was pretty good at language and math, unless the math got too complicated. So, I really don't know about the history of which you speak. What I have learned in recent years about what is going on in the world I have learned at the feet of Jesus, as he has taught me so much and led me to so much truth. But, I wouldn't know any of that if he had not sat me down and showed it to me.

He had to first teach me that I could learn, because I didn't believe I could. I would avoid reading anything too complicated or much of anything about world politics, because I believed I couldn't understand it. So, he took me back to college when I was in my 50's and he taught me that I could learn. In high school I graduated with a 1.4 GPA. In college the first time around I had a 2.5. This time, in my 50's, and not even sure I would pass the entrance exam, I got straight A's, but only by the grace of God. I got an entrepreneur certificate, and thought about continuing in business, but the Lord had other plans for me.

I believe the main purpose for me going back to school was just to teach me that I could learn. Then, when God called me to this ministry, he had me reading all kinds of articles, even science and history articles, and I still didn't understand all of it, but he taught me much, and he stretched me a lot. So, what I know I mainly know because he taught me, and because he led me to do the research I needed. So, I said all of that just to let you know that I didn't understand everything you said, but I will try. And, also to agree with you that we need to pray for the people of our nation, or whatever nation, to know Christ above all else, and everything else will fall into place after that.

Thank you for your input.

I think its possible that there may be a second reason why the Lord increased your education?

So that people like me may continue to be incessantly blessed by your many contributions that emanate from scriptural reason, truth and Christ's love. :)

While the "Times of the Gentiles" spoken of by Daniel continues - we must understand that "Pagan Rulers" will receive dominion.....

One of our jobs is to continue to disgorge the "Things of God" from the "Hands of Caesar" so to speak.... This is the heart of the message behind "Take up your cross".... The pushback against and resistance to Government as it attempts to usurp the Things of God....

We must understand that Government is VERY keenly aware of the fact that without Religion - it has a MUCH harder time cementing control over the populous.... As such - Government will continue to make attempts to "Control Religion" as a method of controlling the population... Sometimes these attempts masquerade as "End arounds" using procedures and excuses to skirt the law.... Sometimes as "Dangling carrots"... Sometimes, out and out open attempts to wrest control over The Church by violence and threats of violence... We must be WISE and understand that the END GAME of all of these is the same... It has NOTHING to do with the church and has everything to do with Control....

Thanks

I agree my friend; for religion is a powerful tool for the despotic.

I very much like your usage of the word "disgorge"; for it it an excellent choice to depict our benign but bold condition that will cause despotism a most severe regurgitation. After all it was Christ who gave us this perfect example that would by disgorgement cause the world's largest hegemonic empire in history to fall to a sickened state shortly after our Lords miraculous death and resurrection.

I think its possible that there may be a second reason why the Lord increased your education?

So that people like me may continue to be incessantly blessed by your many contributions that emanate from scriptural reason, truth and Christ's love. :)
Praise Jesus! Glory to God! Thank you so much for these encouraging words. God bless you.

It's interesting that we forget the primary reason we are NOT to follow after "Teachings of Man"... WHY the "False teachers" are truly so harmful.....

What we don't often openly acknowledge is that what the "False teachers" and the "Prophets of the culture" proclaim may in fact be TRUE factually.... The things they proclaim may well even be "True" scripturally in the sense that they are not patently contrary to God's word..... See - things that are obviously false are EASY to sniff out and reject out of hand....

The issue is generally one of Focus.... While the things that these are proclaiming may well be factually true, and they may be scripturally accurate (Meaning the scripture they cite does say what they are proclaiming) - what they do is to disrupt the clear focus and the concerted efforts towards God's Plan for you RIGHT NOW....

So... For example - within The Church in America.... we see teachers and preachers dragging their congregations in 52 *Different* directions each year... Each week - they preach a sermon that is not related to the last one.... Each week - they preach a sermon which is not ALIGNED with any particular long term goal in mind.... While EACH of these sermons may well be "Good messages" and "Scripturally accurate" and "Consistent with the Word of God" - what we find is that they are not ALIGNED with God's plan.... The Believers never progress from "Point A" to "Point B" to complete God's objective - because the messages they receive aren't intended to actually accomplish this...

As such - all these "Good messages" turn out to actually be harmful because they never Align the believer with God's program for right now..... BUT - since they SOUND good and are scripturally based and speak of messages which APPEAR to be pertinent to our challenges today - we accept them as Godly and don't challenge them.....

This becomes obvious as you look back to The Law and the revolts against Moses... When you TRULY examine the words of Korah or Miriam and Aaron or The Elders - you see that they were Scripturally accurate and "Consistent with The Law" on the face of it.... BUT - their FOCUS was wrong... If they would have followed through - they would have ended up wandering in the wilderness forever, or back in Egypt.... Neither of which were God's Plan....

Thanks
John, would you mind citing some personal or practical examples of what you are talking about here? I am not sure that I understand exactly what you are trying to say, and I don't want to miss it. Some examples would help. Thanks.

So.. Here's one that's been sticking in my mind....

Sept 11, 2001... There was a gigantic flood of people coming in the door of every single church mourning and looking for guidance from Godly men and women... They were crying out "What shall we do?"...

What was the response of basically EVERY church? Oh... It's not your fault.. You really had nothing to do with this - it's the fault of those Evil Extremists.... THEN those churches universally went out and bought flags to hang up inside the church - and the cry became "American Pride!"

And what was the result? the mourning went on for a couple weeks - then everybody went back out of the church to their old routine and their old ways....

The major "National" change that happened was increased surveillance and then we went to WAR...

There was NO united cry from the Pulpits to repentance.. NO united call from Churches to turn away from wickedness and evil and turn TO God....

From a SECULAR perspective - yes, that may have been factually correct... These Extremists had perpetrated a crime that had not been "Incited" by those who got killed.... And yes... Those innocents had nothing really to do with it....

BUT - in hindsight - teaching THAT message from the pulpit was ERROR... God had intended that to be a catalyst for a BIG revival in America - and the Church listened to the wrong teachers... That revival never happened - and now, the church is paying the price...

Thanks

So.. Here's one that's been sticking in my mind....

Sept 11, 2001... There was a gigantic flood of people coming in the door of every single church mourning and looking for guidance from Godly men and women... They were crying out "What shall we do?"...

What was the response of basically EVERY church? Oh... It's not your fault.. You really had nothing to do with this - it's the fault of those Evil Extremists.... THEN those churches universally went out and bought flags to hang up inside the church - and the cry became "American Pride!"

And what was the result? the mourning went on for a couple weeks - then everybody went back out of the church to their old routine and their old ways....

The major "National" change that happened was increased surveillance and then we went to WAR...

There was NO united cry from the Pulpits to repentance.. NO united call from Churches to turn away from wickedness and evil and turn TO God....

From a SECULAR perspective - yes, that may have been factually correct... These Extremists had perpetrated a crime that had not been "Incited" by those who got killed.... And yes... Those innocents had nothing really to do with it....

BUT - in hindsight - teaching THAT message from the pulpit was ERROR... God had intended that to be a catalyst for a BIG revival in America - and the Church listened to the wrong teachers... That revival never happened - and now, the church is paying the price...

Thanks

I agree! The Lord Jesus gave me a scripture on that subject a few years back. Ez. 24:13: "Now your impurity is lewdness. Because I tried to cleanse you but you would not be cleansed from your impurity, you will not be clean again until my wrath against you has subsided." Yet, I believe, through the next judgment on America, which is partially here already, I believe, and is swiftly moving its way here, so I don't think it is too far away, the Lord will use that to revive his church, but there will be much loss of life.

Yes... I believe this is a big part of the reason for the "Winnowing" that's going on now... FIRST - the Church must be prepared to do what it needs to do... To have the correct structures, ministries, and trained leaders in place.... THEN it must be coached that when it is TIME - it must ACT.... (Think of the work Moses, Joshua, and Caleb had to do in their 38 year circle BACK to Canaan to PREPARE that next generation to Enter...)

There is a lot of development which must take place within the church for this to work... From what I have seen - it hasn't even been started... They seem to still be trying to ride the coat tails of the Secular world for bible education, leader development, service preparation, planning, and administration... That train left the station 40 years ago and the last of that generation is retiring now - but the church hasn't adjusted to the change... Think - when was the last time you saw a SERIOUS, rigorous lay bible teaching program at a church?

Unfortunately - we seem to be perfectly happy aimlessly casting about - listening to these "Human teachings" which sound fine and dandy, invoke Scripture, and sound official... Or chasing down the Rabbit Hole after which ever issue Modern Culture decides to accuse us of Bigotry over next week... but we have no direction, no plan, no goal....

Thanks

Yes... I believe this is a big part of the reason for the "Winnowing" that's going on now... FIRST - the Church must be prepared to do what it needs to do... To have the correct structures, ministries, and trained leaders in place.... THEN it must be coached that when it is TIME - it must ACT.... (Think of the work Moses, Joshua, and Caleb had to do in their 38 year circle BACK to Canaan to PREPARE that next generation to Enter...)

There is a lot of development which must take place within the church for this to work... From what I have seen - it hasn't even been started... They seem to still be trying to ride the coat tails of the Secular world for bible education, leader development, service preparation, planning, and administration... That train left the station 40 years ago and the last of that generation is retiring now - but the church hasn't adjusted to the change... Think - when was the last time you saw a SERIOUS, rigorous lay bible teaching program at a church?

Unfortunately - we seem to be perfectly happy aimlessly casting about - listening to these "Human teachings" which sound fine and dandy, invoke Scripture, and sound official... Or chasing down the Rabbit Hole after which ever issue Modern Culture decides to accuse us of Bigotry over next week... but we have no direction, no plan, no goal....

Thanks

Very sad, indeed. I believe God is going to intervene. There is hope.

Back