How You Think can Control Your Life

I've heard this verse quoted before and it is said we cannot know His ways and thoughts for they are higher than ours.

Isaiah 55:8For my thoughts are not your thoughts,neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. 9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

But lets go back to verse 6 and 7

6Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: 7Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

This is speaking of the ungodly, the unbelievers, or our unregenerate mind. But if he repents as the Lord admonishes, this is what the Bible says about the believer.

1 Corinthians 2:16For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? but we have the mind of Christ.

If Christ be in you, then we can know what His thoughts are by listening to the Spirit of God within us and through His Word.

Yet since we are in this earthly body, we need to resist the thoughts of our carnal, fleshly mind.

Philippians 2:5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus

Things you think on or focus your attention on, you become softened to and things you ignore or don't consider you become hardened to. If you focus on the things of God then your heart will be softened to God and hardened to the things of the devil but if you focus on temptations like lust or greed etc then you will become soft to them and hardened to God and more likely to sin. Once you expose yourself to them, It becomes hard to ignore them.

Focus, that's the key, what ever we focus our attention on, thats what we will evidentually be filled with. So when we focus on the things of God and worshipping Him, our focus and affections with change and we will be filled with Him, who brings life, joy and peace.

I went through that before. When it seemed I wasn't as close as before I had to disciple myself to do what I knew to do, and not just be lazy in the flesh. We have to be diligent because the enemy is always there to see to it that we get distracted by the things of the world

Colossians 3:1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Focus, that's the key, what ever we focus our attention on, thats what we will evidentually be filled with. So when we focus on the things of God and worshipping Him, our focus and affections with change and we will be filled with Him, who brings life, joy and peace.

I went through that before. When it seemed I wasn't as close as before I had to disciple myself to do what I knew to do, and not just be lazy in the flesh. We have to be diligent because the enemy is always there to see to it that we get distracted by the things of the world

Colossians 3:1If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Yeah and we should get better at what we focus our attention on right? Get better at following God if we focus our attention on that. So that should work in everything! Buuuutttt. IT'S NOT! lol... My fiance gave me this program called Audicity as she loves to sing and she says she loves my voice so I am trying to get good at my singing but it's just not working too good! LOL!
Kind of hard singing with a deeeeppp looowwww voice... Does anybody have any tips? That might be a whole new thread in itself. :smiley10:

Yeah and we should get better at what we focus our attention on right? Get better at following God if we focus our attention on that. So that should work in everything! Buuuutttt. IT'S NOT! lol... My fiance gave me this program called Audicity as she loves to sing and she says she loves my voice so I am trying to get good at my singing but it's just not working too good! LOL!
Kind of hard singing with a deeeeppp looowwww voice... Does anybody have any tips? That might be a whole new thread in itself. :smiley10:
Yeah thata s whole new thread.
But if the Lord wants you to do something, even if we feel we can't do it, he will help us, since its His ability not ours

Yeah thata s whole new thread.
But if the Lord wants you to do something, even if we feel we can't do it, he will help us, since its His ability not ours
Sigh... another thread? But... It's like way over there...
That's so much work... It's no wonder I don't ever make threads. Lol!:smiley10:

Back