How would you tackle it?

Hello there,
This was quoted to me this morning by a lady who is atheist, and left in the air, for me to address.
How would you tackle it?

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Having debated atheists now for a long time, I have to say this to you.....atheism is the ultimate intellectual suicide.
I have found that most atheists are arrogant, with intellectual barriers that will keep them from hearing you out. Atheists tend to think that Christians are ignorant followers of superstition, unenlightened by the “facts” of evolution. By the way, there are no practical differences among atheists, agnostics, and deists. The atheist believes that there is no God. The agnostic doesn’t know for sure, but doesn’t care to overcome his ignorance. The deist believes that there was a creator God who set the universe into motion and then took a permanent vacation. In all 3 cases, these individuals make themselves #1 in the universe, accountable to no personal God, and there is the rub!

They have come to the point where they love their sin and by saying there is no God, the sin then becomes no sin at all.

Jer. 9:23-25....
"Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: the days come, saith the LORD, that I will punish all them which are circumcised with the uncircumcised."

@KingJ @Glomung @CCW95A @Fadingman @2404
@Abdicate @Roads @Cturtle @Ravindran @Fish Catcher Jim @Major,

Thank you for your feedback. You have all quite uniquely placed your mark on this matter, and given your individual viewpoint and Scriptural reasoning, as well as personal testimony as to dealing with atheism, and I appreciate it.

I have two more weeks to consider this before I see her again, and when I do I will wait on the Lord to see what develops. The audacity of Epicurus' statement - a 'creature' - in regard to the One Who created him, is what remains with me: and I feel reluctant to even give answer to it. It is simply not worthy to be addressed, and I may just tell her so.

'For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;
but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:
for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.'

(Rom 8:5-9)

* One thing that came out of this for me, personally, was in looking up the Scriptural use of the word 'omnipotent'.
G3841
παντοκράτωρ
pantokratōr (pan-tok-rat'-ore)
From G3956 and G2904; the all ruling, that is, God (as absolute and universal sovereign).
Translated:- Almighty, Omnipotent
* There is only one verse in which the Greek word 'pantokrator' is translated 'omnipotent' and that is in Revelation 19:6:-
'And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude,
and as the voice of many waters,
and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying,
"Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. "'

* How wonderful this is, how full of majesty! This is what I want to dwell on, and rejoice in, and this is what I hope will remain with you, instead of the words of the godless man which became the subject of this thread.

"Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. "

Praise God!

* We will rejoice and be glad in Him, and leave the vain reasoning of unbelieving minds to Him.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:
@KingJ @Glomung @CCW95A @Fadingman @2404
@Abdicate @Roads @Cturtle @Ravindran @Fish Catcher Jim @Major,

Thank you for your feedback. You have all quite uniquely placed your mark on this matter, and given your individual viewpoint and Scriptural reasoning, as well as personal testimony as to dealing with atheism, and I appreciate it.

I have two more weeks to consider this before I see her again, and when I do I will wait on the Lord to see what develops. The audacity of Epicurus' statement - a 'creature' - in regard to the One Who created him, is what remains with me: and I feel reluctant to even give answer to it. It is simply not worthy to be addressed, and I may just tell her so.

'For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;
but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:
for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.'

(Rom 8:5-9)

* One thing that came out of this for me, personally, was in looking up the Scriptural use of the word 'omnipotent'.

* There is only one verse in which the Greek word 'pantokrator' is translated 'omnipotent' and that is in Revelation 19:6:-
'And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude,
and as the voice of many waters,
and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying,
"Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. "'

* How wonderful this is, how full of majesty! This is what I want to dwell on, and rejoice in, and this is what I hope will remain with you, instead of the words of the godless man which became the subject of this thread.

"Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. "

Praise God!

* We will rejoice and be glad in Him, and leave the vain reasoning of unbelieving minds to Him.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

I do not know if this speaks to your situation or not but there is a reason why God wanted the words found in Romans 1:18.

I have a personal apologetic I've been working on a little bit at a time over the last couple of years. It is not finished, but is definitely usable. It only covers things that the atheist can research and think about on his own, based on publicly acknowledged facts or his own experience, rather than theories and hearsay. My goal for this is not to prove to the atheist that God is real, but to get the atheist to prove it for himself.

The apologetic is at http://dtjsoft.com/personal-apologetic/. Some parts are more 'finished' than others, and the whole thing could use a rewrite so it flows better. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

I do not know if this speaks to your situation or not but there is a reason why God wanted the words found in Romans 1:18.
' ... For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven
against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men,
who hold the truth in unrighteousness; ... ... '

(Rom 1:18)

Hello @Major,

Thank you, @Major, yes, this does fit in very well.

The apologetic is at http://dtjsoft.com/personal-apologetic/. Some parts are more 'finished' than others, and the whole thing could use a rewrite so it flows better. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you, @Fadingman, I will check this out.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Back