How Was Saul Saved Or Where Did Grace Begin ??

Excellent choice of words!
i am so fed up with hearing rehashed teaching from pulpits based on what another MAN said.
The Word of God makes clear "YOUR GIFT WILL MAKE ROOM FOR YOU."

This is not to deny that there are those gifted by God to teach, and that their teachings would then (if following the One who gives the gift) rightly divide the Word of truth, right?
I'd like to think I'm not the only one lacking the time and intelligence to dive into the scriptures and learn what I need to know for life and Godliness. :confused: I realize that we all have the Holy Spirit to lead us into all truth, and that that ability to discern stands us in good stead to listen carefully to a pastor/teacher and test the spirits...
I think I'm just a bit confused by what you said? Thanks. :)

#3 , In Acts 9:6 , SAUL responds , LORD/KURIOS/JEHOVAH what wilt thou have me do ??

I hope I'm not nitpicking, but I think it's important to note that this is what the verses say:
As he was traveling, it happened that he was approaching Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him; and he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, “Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me?” And he said, “Who are You, Lord?” And He said, “I am Jesus whom you are persecuting, but get up and enter the city, and it will be told you what you must do. Acts 9:3-6 NASB
It seems in this use of "kyrie", Saul does not yet know to whom he speaks.

SAUL called Jesus LORD , and 1Cor 12:1 says this , " and that no man can say that Jesus is LORD/KURIOS/JEHOVAH , but by THE HOLY SPIRIT .

Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus is accursed"; and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit. 1 Corinthians 12:3 NASB

It seems pretty clear here that merely using the word "kyrios" is unaccpetable. This would have been common terminology for a slave to refer to the master in that time. It is rather "Kyrios Iésous", or Lord Jesus that is spoken of in this verse.
Does that make sense to anyone else?
Respectfully,
ellie

I think it's important to note that Saul in all his piety and Jewish authority "knew" immediately that "Whoever" this was speaking was much bigger than anything he was or had.
Also, we again see this at the cross when the thief says to Jesus; Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”

I think it's important to note that Saul in all his piety and Jewish authority "knew" immediately that "Whoever" this was speaking was much bigger than anything he was or had.
Also, we again see this at the cross when the thief says to Jesus; Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”

Really good points--thanks!

Back