1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

How To Get Rid Of Intrusive Unintentional Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Requests for Assistance' started by Polly, Apr 2, 2014.

1. I keep having very disgusting sexual intrusive unintentional thoughts about Jesus, and these thoughts are breaking my heart, and then I get ashamed of Jesus because of these nasty thoughts...

These nasty thoughts just come automatically in my head unintentionally...

I was scared of posting this because I am scared if you are going to blame me for my intrusive thoughts...

What can I do? I don't want to have these intrusive thoughts anymore... And they are not intentional thoughts, they are unintentional thoughts that pop in the mind without thinking about them...
  2. Evil and wicked thoughts pop into all of our heads from time to time.

Ignore them and get your mind off of it.

Also what do you mean by "I get ashamed of Jesus"?
  3. I mean that when I have these intrusive thoughts, I am too embarrasshed to see Jesus... But also, are the pictures about Jesus even true? Did Jesus have light brown long hair? I feel like Jesus looked like a very handsome Israeli guy, and Israeli guys are pretty handsome...
  4. We don't know for sure what Jesus looked like. And really, it doesn't matter.

Too many people fight and argue over whether Jesus was black, white, or in between, and it gets nowhere. But I do doubt he looks like the average european portrayal that we see in the movies or in paintings.

God is spirit, and so is his son.
    Melizza likes this.
  5. THAT IS SATAN. He does NOT want you to get to know Jesus. He wants you ashamed and downcast-- Polly, do not let anything keep you from reading Gods word and praying to Him. I get crazy thoughts too. You are not alone.
    loriT, Melizza and Euphemia says Amen and like this.
  6. What types of things are you watching on tv, what types of music do you listen to and what types of things are you looking at online? Make it a practice to only read/watch/listen to holy things. I guarantee if you keep the word of God always in mind, you will have victory of the impure thoughts. The bible says to renew your mind daily. So I would assume that means it's an ongoing mental battle, but rest assure you can have victory.
    loriT, Melizza, Angela333 and 2 others say Amen and like this.
  7. I would tell you what to do, but you would not do it. However, Read Messiah's post above me as you have watched things that filled you with Junk. (Junk in and Junk out) I will also tell you that you can't fight thoughts with thoughts. You must speak.
    Also those thoughts only keep coming back because you like thinking about sex, otherwise the devil would eventually leave you alone.
    Melizza, God is Love and AllieWi says Amen and like this.
  8. Resist and he will flee
    loriT, Melizza and AllieWi says Amen and like this.
  9. I actually believe you are sincere in your efforts to enquire more about God for your life. Wrong thoughts as has been said , come to all of us. This is probably even more so when new to the faith until you gain more control over them . The devil would have ud to think wrong thoughts but we must resist them with the Word of God. When you are getting closer to God the devil will try everything to distract you to keep you from your blessing that comes from God. We must persevere in our fsith and not to give up or give in when wrong thoughts come.
    Melizza likes this.
  10. Maybe try memorizing a bible verse that you can think about instead. I like this one-

2 Corinthians 10:5
    casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,
    Melizza likes this.
  11. I think it is the devil spreading unclean thoughts - he shows us disgusting things to distance us from God.

John 8:44 - You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
    loriT and Melizza say Amen and like this.