How to fully let go?

@Mykuhl I'm right there with ya... we all are. There comes a time in our maturity in Christ where we have to decide to surrender all - it's why I chose my avatar name and site name - to remind me we're really not in control so why not surrender to the One Who is in control. We don't like losing control because we see men do evil to us when we do. It's the experiences of life. We may surrender to our parents because we think they have our best interest at heart, but then we form our own opinions and that goes away. We fail too, so then to whom are we to trust? (I speak all in the flesh) The Spirit cries "Come!" Letting go of things is a natural process and a calling of the Lord to surrender it all to Him. He will not fail. He loves us, died for us, and wants the very best for us, but we need to choose life, His life, and stay there. The choice is a moment-by-moment choice. He died for us, who better to keep our charge? :D

Blessing brother!

Good post! Thanks for encouraging me too!
Shortly after The very first time that God showed me that i needed to let go and surrender....i was hiding in my walk in closet, because i felt as if i had no footing....for all of "my rules" were what kept me in control since i was little. And in the flesh i was scared and not sure how to walk in God's ways....mainly because i did not fully know what God's ways were. And i had no idea how to meditate on God's Word, or what it even meant. That was about 12 years ago.

Blessings

Good post! Thanks for encouraging me too!
Shortly after The very first time that God showed me that i needed to let go and surrender....i was hiding in my walk in closet, because i felt as if i had no footing....for all of "my rules" were what kept me in control since i was little. And in the flesh i was scared and not sure how to walk in God's ways....mainly because i did not fully know what God's ways were. And i had no idea how to meditate on God's Word, or what it even meant. That was about 12 years ago.

Blessings

Then I showed up and being the understanding person I am I nailed the closet shut and locked all the doors to the other rooms so she had no place tio hide. Sure am glad I am such a loving and understanding person.
swimming_turtle_avatar_by_wezenbeesje.gif Go Cturtle go

Hi there John my good friend,
All of what you and Mykuhl are going through can and will be removed or another words will not even be a problem to deal with.
Take a gander at this reply I wrote to Mykuhl my other really good friend.
http://www.christianforumsite.com/threads/how-to-fully-let-go.42838/#post-410759

It is as simple as this in anything we go through.
God Bless you John P
Jim
Thanks, Jim. I did read it. I just disagreed with one part when you said "A little lame prayer or a long drawn out prayer trying to inform God of things is like taking an umbrella to the shower. You can but it does you no good." For me, prayer - talking to God about it - did a ton of good. I really don't think there is any such thing as a lame prayer (as long as it is heartfelt). It got me past my fear. Yes, I still have moments, but I as soon as I realize what is happening I talk to God about it, and it passes. Telling God that I rely on Him, and that I trust in Him and commit myself to His will brings an immediate calmness to me.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

Lord, You are the true and living God, You rule over all things visible and invisible. There is nothing that catches You by surprise, and there is nothing beyond Your reach. You know our rising up and our sitting down. You know when we go out and when we come in. Lord Jesus, I ask that You would manifest Yourself as the prince of Peace to those of us who struggle with fear right now. And that Your presence would be more real to us than our fears. I rebuke the spirits of fear and anxiety in Your name. Lord Your word says, "The righteous cry out, and You hear them and deliver them from all their troubles." Deliver us now from all our fears, and enable us to cast all our cares upon You. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit, and empower us to fight fear with unwavering faith in You. I pray in Jesus' mighty name, Amen!

Perfect love casts out fear, for fear has torment..

So...cast it out! Kick it to the curb. Chuck it in the bin.

We have nothing to be afraid of...our .God is a loving God. What I found helpful was having some deliverance prayer with an elder. I learned to cast out demons..you just tell them where to go. They cant do anything if you saved, only torment you if you still got them you just got to tell them they not welcome anymore. You belong to God. Using Jesus name, they have to leave. If the Lord says so...they have to go!!!

Anytime you get a thought thats trying to make you feel horrible, guilty, fearful etc you just tell yourself the truth. Learning combat scriptures is helpful. Remember Jesus told the devil where to go and used scripture.

Thanks, Jim. I did read it. I just disagreed with one part when you said "A little lame prayer or a long drawn out prayer trying to inform God of things is like taking an umbrella to the shower. You can but it does you no good." For me, prayer - talking to God about it - did a ton of good. I really don't think there is any such thing as a lame prayer (as long as it is heartfelt). It got me past my fear. Yes, I still have moments, but I as soon as I realize what is happening I talk to God about it, and it passes. Telling God that I rely on Him, and that I trust in Him and commit myself to His will brings an immediate calmness to me.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6

"No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us." Romans 8:37

Lord, You are the true and living God, You rule over all things visible and invisible. There is nothing that catches You by surprise, and there is nothing beyond Your reach. You know our rising up and our sitting down. You know when we go out and when we come in. Lord Jesus, I ask that You would manifest Yourself as the prince of Peace to those of us who struggle with fear right now. And that Your presence would be more real to us than our fears. I rebuke the spirits of fear and anxiety in Your name. Lord Your word says, "The righteous cry out, and You hear them and deliver them from all their troubles." Deliver us now from all our fears, and enable us to cast all our cares upon You. Fill us with Your Holy Spirit, and empower us to fight fear with unwavering faith in You. I pray in Jesus' mighty name, Amen!

John,
The lame prayer or long drwn out prayer trying to inform God is simply this.
We never inform God of anything.
Faith in His word moves God
We can spend all night worried and fretting and in a panic mode in a prayer to God and get no place fast. Or one can pray in Faith with His word say what needs to be said and go get some sleep.

My point was begging God to fix this or make this all better is not going to get Him to move.
I did not say talking with God for long periods was wrong or bad. I do it all the time and as you said , it gets me through.

Faith Prayers or prayers prayed in Faith vs fearful if you dont do this i will lose my monkey to the zoo keepers cook - ohhhhh God you got to save my monkey cause the cooks coming in 4 hours and 20 minutes and 32 seconds.

It is coffidence in Him vs fear of what ever - even if He told you something when you are fearful and fretting is most likely you wont even hear Him.
That is all I was saying.
Blessings
Jim

@JohnP

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN! A Prayer that was prayed in faith.

John,
The lame prayer or long drwn out prayer trying to inform God is simply this.
We never inform God of anything.
Faith in His word moves God
We can spend all night worried and fretting and in a panic mode in a prayer to God and get no place fast. Or one can pray in Faith with His word say what needs to be said and go get some sleep.

My point was begging God to fix this or make this all better is not going to get Him to move.
I did not say talking with God for long periods was wrong or bad. I do it all the time and as you said , it gets me through.

Faith Prayers or prayers prayed in Faith vs fearful if you dont do this i will lose my monkey to the zoo keepers cook - ohhhhh God you got to save my monkey cause the cooks coming in 4 hours and 20 minutes and 32 seconds.

It is coffidence in Him vs fear of what ever - even if He told you something when you are fearful and fretting is most likely you wont even hear Him.
That is all I was saying.
Blessings
Jim
I agree 100%, Jim. My prayers are not begging prayer or fearful prayers. I'm not frantically praying "Oh please God, oh Please god, oh please God, you HAVE to deliver me from this. I promise I'll never sin again if You do this." I am (in my own words to Him) reaffirming that I know that He is in control, that I have faith and trust in Him and that he's "got this".

God bless, brother!

I agree 100%, Jim. My prayers are not begging prayer or fearful prayers. I'm not frantically praying "Oh please God, oh Please god, oh please God, you HAVE to deliver me from this. I promise I'll never sin again if You do this." I am (in my own words to Him) reaffirming that I know that He is in control, that I have faith and trust in Him and that he's "got this".

God bless, brother!

Amen JOHN........I was walking home theother day and began to praise God and talk with Him. About a mile down the road this lady was looking at me like I was strange.....I had been talking out loud like He was standing right there. But hey - she cant prove He was not.
Blessings
Jim

@Mykuhl I was praying for you last night, and a couple of things came to my mind. One i learned in recovery for being codependant....and it was that it took me a while 20 - 25 years to get where i was.....so to expect that I can just turn a switch and jump out of it (with any lasting success) is not even reasonable to assume or expect of myself.

Yes God can deliver me instantly, but some thing that i learned in the past few years is that what i desire (to be ingrafted into thr vine and Christ living through me) is something that i want to be very solid in my life. I do not desire to be tossed back and forth like in James 1:6-7 (I have been there and have no desire to remain there any longer). What i desire is in Hebrews 12:27.....God removing those things that can be shaken, so that what remains is those things that cannot be shaken.

God gave me the verse 1 Peter 5:12b. My Purpose for writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God's grace for you. Stand firm in this grace. And as i remembered that the definition of Grace is God's overwhelming desire to treat me as if sin never happened....i began to ask God to show me how to stand firm in His grace for me.

So as God walks along with me through the things that i go through.....He is not removing the trials, because He knows that as I walk through them, my faith and my being settled and solid in God's ways are becoming things in me that cannot be shaken. Something that i will not just move away from or give up on. It's like God is making my shield of faith and my whole armor very strong. As i am going through the trials......I get lots of practice in walking out His ways. I start out a toddler, then the more i toddle around the stronger my legs are getting so that pretty soon....i am running and no longer falling down.

Blessings my friend! Grace and peace be yours in abundance!

@Mykuhl I was praying for you last night, and a couple of things came to my mind. One i learned in recovery for being codependant....and it was that it took me a while 20 - 25 years to get where i was.....so to expect that I can just turn a switch and jump out of it (with any lasting success) is not even reasonable to assume or expect of myself.

Yes God can deliver me instantly, but some thing that i learned in the past few years is that what i desire (to be ingrafted into thr vine and Christ living through me) is something that i want to be very solid in my life. I do not desire to be tossed back and forth like in James 1:6-7 (I have been there and have no desire to remain there any longer). What i desire is in Hebrews 12:27.....God removing those things that can be shaken, so that what remains is those things that cannot be shaken.

God gave me the verse 1 Peter 5:12b. My Purpose for writing is to encourage you and assure you that what you are experiencing is truly part of God's grace for you. Stand firm in this grace. And as i remembered that the definition of Grace is God's overwhelming desire to treat me as if sin never happened....i began to ask God to show me how to stand firm in His grace for me.

So as God walks along with me through the things that i go through.....He is not removing the trials, because He knows that as I walk through them, my faith and my being settled and solid in God's ways are becoming things in me that cannot be shaken. Something that i will not just move away from or give up on. It's like God is making my shield of faith and my whole armor very strong. As i am going through the trials......I get lots of practice in walking out His ways. I start out a toddler, then the more i toddle around the stronger my legs are getting so that pretty soon....i am running and no longer falling down.

Blessings my friend! Grace and peace be yours in abundance!
Thank you for that. Hmmm this makes me think. I have asked God many times for Him to increase my faith to the level where I can overcome anything, and to make me like Him, whatever by whatever means necessary. In this, I only asked Him to give me the strength and power to do and go through all He wants me to. I don't usually ask for Him to take away the trails but for Him to give me the strength to overcome. It seems that only the most pain and weakness that I ask Him to take it away. I sometimes wonder if this is His way of answering my prayers.

Thank you for that. Hmmm this makes me think. I have asked God many times for Him to increase my faith to the level where I can overcome anything, and to make me like Him, whatever by whatever means necessary. In this, I only asked Him to give me the strength and power to do and go through all He wants me to. I don't usually ask for Him to take away the trails but for Him to give me the strength to overcome. It seems that only the most pain and weakness that I ask Him to take it away. I sometimes wonder if this is His way of answering my prayers.

Our hearts should be like this..........Lord God I do not understand why this is going on but I trust you and it may not be the road I would pick to walk but never the less i will walk it for I now you will get me through it. Then get in Joy and stay there. If you can stay in this frame of mind and heart...........well you will have already gone through it beofre you realise that you already have made it through.

Believe me it will set you free.
This is walking in total trust of God and His word and ways. This is living by and through and with Faith. Keep love and forgiveness alive and you are growing into the next level of your walk in Christ.

Crying out to take it away or give me more faith and so forth will just get you another trip around that ol proverbial mountain we all know so well. I can remember the time and place when I made the choice to say this and do it. I know right where i was and it was many years ago. Like I set it will change your life.

God Bless Mykuhl
Jim

In my experience it is God's grace and love for me that He uses what we would call tough love. Allowing me to pray through things....and go over or through the mountain instead of just taking it out of the way. It builds strength and endurance. And it builds my faith to the point of knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that He cares. Even if I don't think so at the time.

A couple of months ago, I went through an emotional battle for a whole month. And several times a day i would tell myself and the Lord that i trust Him no matter what i feel, hear, see or whatever. For my desire for a long time has been to not be moved by anything except the Word and The Holy Spirit. And i know that sometimes when i prqy for something like helping me to walk in love no matter what.....it means that i have allowed God to put me through the fire so that i have lots of practice and that i finally (with His help) have created a good habit to replace the bad one. So i guess i can say like Paul and Peter....i can find joy in the midst of trials. I know that God does not send them....but i know to ask Him what is His goal or what can i learn in the midst of it.

I am talking about feelings mainly. The biggest one I struggle with is fear. I have been dealing with anxiety for quite some time now. I just can't seem to let go and fully commit this into the Lord's hands. If I would just be able to do that I feel like I could overcome this.
Fear is all about insecurity, or in other words, a lack in faith.
Fear has many forms and levels that blind us to what is most important.
Fear is personal, and primary fears are based on survival. Other than that, our fears are secondary.

Secondary fears can easily be caused by our focus on our false-self (ego).
It's all about needing people, places, things and situations to go our way to feel okay and safe.
We fear that if it does not go our way we will be threatened. Our self-esteem (ego-energy) will experience a loss (humbled).
For instance:
Anxiety is about the fear of things not going my way in the future.
Anger is mainly about things not going my way now.
Depression is mainly about things that did not go my way in the past.

The big question is, so what if things don't go my way?
Can I not still be okay if things don't go my way?
Here is a paradox, 'It is okay to not be okay.'

Let go, let God.
Even if all our wants and needs are taken away from us, we can still love Jesus and God.
By loving the Love that loves you, no fear can get close to you, for you are already home.

I would like to know how to be able to fully and completely let go everything that I am holding on to, into God's hands. I can't seem to be able to do it. I have let go a lot but there are still parts of me that I can't seem to relinquish. Just so we are clear...I am not talking about not being able to let go of sin.
I dont believe we are able to do it within ourselves because our nature is contrary.
I would say take the adopted baby until the real one comes 'keep confessing it'.
As far as being an introvert I understand that most spiritual people are because they are always in a condition of self examination.

I'm am way too inwardly focused. I truly want to be free of myself and not think myself anymore. That may sound weird but I long to live out Galatians 2:20, where is says that, " it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me."

As i wqs reading through this thread again.....this post caught my eye. I know exactly what you are meaning when you wrote it, but i wanted to encourage you with your own words......Christ does live within you.....that is what is driving you to become more Chist like in every way possible. Keep up the good work in fighting the good fight of faith!

Philippians 2:13 For God is working in you, giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him

Blessings

Back