1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

How To Find Your Mate!

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by Loon Watchman, Sep 16, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

Years ago, I went to a prayer meeting at a little Methodist church on the outskirts of Atlanta. While there, I asked people to pray for me, that I would know what was God’s will as far as whether I would marry or not. (I had already made peace with God and knew I would be happy, whether married or single, as long as Jesus was with me.) At the prayer meeting, a woman prophesied this to me: “You must sing your song to Jesus and only to Jesus. And if it is His will that you be married, then He will send a woman to you who is singing her song to Jesus and only to Jesus. And if she is the one for you, your two songs will harmonize perfectly and uniquely — and you will be united in Him and not just in yourselves.”

Recently, my wife and I celebrated our 25th anniversary. Our marriage has been infused with the joy and glory of God, and has, in some ways, seemed like a month rather than 25 years. And when I look in her beautiful, green eyes, I know that Jesus is her ultimate Lord and Lover — and I am filled with unmeasurable peace and unspeakable joy — because I know that she is the ONE God has chosen for me.

Terri A. Constant and Theo Fane say Amen and like this.
  2. What passion what mighty power in God, but did your songs harmonize.

Terri A. Constant and Theo Fane say Amen and like this.
  3. hahaha! well, yes. i guess that was what i was trying to convey in my last paragraph. 25 years (so far) of a wonderful, amazing marriage. and to add more detail -- we have had many God adventures together, all over the world, evangelizing, ministering to orphans, to the homeless, in prisons, teaching, mentoring, praying, worshiping, etc! yay Jesus!!!

Theo Fane and Jake say Amen and like this.
  4. I don't think its our place to know God's will. That comes dangerously close to fortune telling. The better bet is to live our lives in wisdom, guided by the Bible and asking for help from the Holy Spirit. I'm glad you are married, though. I would love to be.

Terri A. Constant likes this.
  5. My friend - no offense, but I think your post is a little contradictory. You said "I don't think its our place to know God's will." And then you said it is better is we are "asking for help from the Holy Spirit". When we ask for "help" from the Holy Spirit, one of the forms of help He gives us (according to the scriptures) is that He speaks to us and guides us.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God." (Romans 8:14)

"But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; He will speak only what He hears, and He will tell you what is yet to come." (John 16:13-14)

autumn oddity and Theo Fane say Amen and like this.
  6. divorce care class

7. Very happy for you brother! God continue to bless you guys :)

That is soo nice to hear. Im praying hard that God lead me to the girl he has for me and her to me. It's been hard being single all these years and im believing for it to happen soon in Jesus name!!

8. When I was single I used Internet dating site. I think it is a good idea, although, it didn't work for me.

9. I have been a few of them, met a few girls online who have become just friends for moment atleast. Don't think ive met the right girl yet or maybe I have and it isn't God's time. I don't know, but im staying in faith, that's the best I can do.

Abie likes this.
  10. Hi TS,

Thats a very nice story...I hope I can find also a guy I could share my life with. I am 28 and I am also waiting for the right guy. Sometimes I think where he is right now...Maybe wallowing in his own pool of mud? Is he in the process of being remolded?
    Sometimes I question myself, if I am good enough for anybody? Or am I worthy of being loved?
    But today I attend church and the pastor talked about how to rejoice in the midst of suffering. I feel like God talked back to me. It is hard to remain hopeful and positive when you are being faced by problems. But I believe that God has His own right time...to everything there is a season.

I find this passage really uplifting.
    "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD." Psalm 27:14

Jake and Theo Fane say Amen and like this.
  11. I'm still looking for my mate, undeterred by failures and false starts. I'm 33 and I really have no idea how to date women. I'm very shy but have a strong yearning in my heart for someone to share my life with. I am waiting on the LORD, though my courage tends to falter from time to time. I don't know if God wants me to be celibate. I really don't want to be celibate for the rest of my life! I want a mate!

12. Praying for you all! It really is not nice when you feel you should be married and just aren't :mad::mad: .

Jake likes this.
  13. Thank you KingJ... Your prayer is really a big help. I know that even if I stay single, God will not leave me alone...that I put my trust on him on my needs...and my needs shall be taken care of...according to his promises.

14. Thanks for the prayer KingJ, every bit of it helps :) God Bless

Theo Fane likes this.
  15. You've obviously listened to it! It is good? When i get sometime this week ill try and listen to it!

I would like to share one I heard too by Pastor Jentezen Franklin last night that really touched me. Let me know how this one speaks to you.

God Bless

spincorn likes this.
  16. that was pretty cool

17. That is awesome! :) Thanks for the inspiration!