How The Devil/satan Deceiveth The Whole World

Lets continue...

The Christians who would not compromise and dishonor God found themselves in a dilemma. Satan had worked things around so that you were forced to honor the pagan "day of the sun" or pay the penalty. Even after the Emperor's Sunday law, many Christians continued to honor and keep holy the seventh-day Sabbath that their Saviour had kept. God knew what was going on and had predicted that the man of sin would "think to change times and laws." Satan was about to pull off a world-wide hoax. Bibles were forbidden by the priests. As the years went by, the new generations (without Bibles) would forget all about the Sabbath of the Lord. Not only that - from time to time, great church councils were held. In nearly every one, the Sabbath which God had given as a memorial of His creation of the world was pressed down and Sunday was exalted. The pagan festival finally came to be regarded as the "Lord's day" (by Pope Sylvester, 314-337 A.D.) and the church leaders pronounced the Bible Sabbath a relic of the Jews, and those who honored it, in obedience to the fourth commandment of God, were pronounced to be "accursed." To rip out the commandment right in the center, put in Sun- day worship as a counterfeit, take the Bibles away, and command the whole world to accept it - this was the king of all swindles! You see, Satan hates the fourth commandment more than all others because it is the only one that tells who God really is - the Creator of "Heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is." Exodus 20:11. You could worship any god and keep the other nine (not kill, steal, etc.) but to keep the fourth commandment you must worship the Creator of the Universe Who Himself rested on the seventh day and commanded His people to do the same - in a love relationship with Himself. As the centuries went by, the people, with no Bibles forgot about God's Sabbath, and Sunday worship became firmly established. Many even today are ignorant on the subject. The Waldenses, which I have mentioned, and some other groups through the dark ages did secretly have Bibles, and many did keep the Bible Sabbath on Saturday like Jesus did - all down through history.

But they were treated as outlaws. Whenever they were caught they were tortured to death. Their mangled corpses show the world the tactics that the beast has always used - force. Of God's faithful in the last days it says, "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Revelation 14:12.
In modern times, leaders who know what they are talking about will admit that men changed the Sabbath and not God. Look at these startling statements from Protestant leaders:

Methodist - "The reason we observe the first day instead of the seventh is based on no positive command. One will search the Scriptures in vain for authority for changing from the seventh day to the first." Clovis G. Chappell, Ten Rules For Living. pg. 61

Baptist - Harold Lindsell, former editor of Christianity Today. said, "There is nothing in Scripture that requires us to keep Sunday rather than Saturday as a holy day." Christianity Today, November 5, 1976.

Episcopal - "The Bible commandment says on the seventh day thou shalt rest. That is Saturday. Nowhere in the Bible is it laid down that worship should be done on Sunday." Philip Carrington, Toronto Daily Star, October 26, 1949. Our Catholic friends know how the change came about. They say, "We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church in the Council of Laodicea, transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday." The Convert's Catechism of

Catholic Doctrine, Third edition, pg. 50. The Catholic Press said, "Sunday is a Catholic institution, and its claims to observation can be defended only on Catholic principles ... From beginning to end of Scripture there is not a single passage that warrants the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day of the week to the first.

God speaks of the seventh day 126 times in the Old Testament and 62 times in the New. The first day of the week is mentioned only eight times in the New Testament. A Catholic priest offered $1000 to anyone who could find one Bible verse to indicate that Sunday is now holy and should be observed instead of the seventh day.

No one responded. For an amazing glimpse of the eight Bible texts which mention the first day of the week, see Appendix 10. It says that the beast (little horn power) would "think to change times and laws." Daniel 7:25.

The second commandment was ripped out and images were brought in. The fourth commandment is the only one that deals with time. Look at this shocking announcement: "The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." "The Pope has authority and has often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap.

Keep in mind that our God is kind and fair. Those who are keeping Sunday and breaking God's fourth commandment ignorantly are not under condemnation. It's only those who know what God commands and willfully disobey who are committing sin. God's enemy knows that to break one of God's commandments is a sin which hurts our Saviour and robs us of eternal life with Him if not repented of.

Exodus 12:16 ESV
On the first day you shall hold a holy assembly, and on the seventh day a holy assembly. No work shall be done on those days. But what everyone needs to eat, that alone may be prepared by you.

1 Corinthians 16:2 ESV
On the first day of every week, each of you is to put something aside and store it up, as he may prosper, so that there will be no collecting when I come.

Acts 20:7 ESV
On the first day of the week, when we were gathered together to break bread, Paul talked with them, intending to depart on the next day, and he prolonged his speech until midnight.

John 20:1-31 ESV
Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene came to the tomb early, while it was still dark, and saw that the stone had been taken away from the tomb. So she ran and went to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one whom Jesus loved, and said to them, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid him.” So Peter went out with the other disciple, and they were going toward the tomb. Both of them were running together, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. And stooping to look in, he saw the linen cloths lying there, but he did not go in.

Luke 24:1-53 ESV
But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they went to the tomb, taking the spices they had prepared. And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, but when they went in they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men stood by them in dazzling apparel. And as they were frightened and bowed their faces to the ground, the men said to them, “Why do you seek the living among the dead?

Psalm 150:1-6 ESV
Praise the Lord! Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens! Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his excellent greatness! Praise him with trumpet sound; praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and pipe! Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals!

Genesis 1:1-31 ESV
In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

James 2:10 ESV
For whoever keeps the whole law but fails in one point has become accountable for all of it.

The law that was nail to the cross, is a law that was added, its not the law Jesus is talking about in Mt 5:18

Are you kidding us?????

Since Jesus Christ is the ONE who gave the Law......what law would possibly be added that He did not know about????

Tan.......the hole you have dug is getting deeper and deeper.

Major...We have been through all of these and even went into history and demonstrated this to him 100s of years before the Roman Catholic church existed (all his historical sources are RCC or commentary on RCC)...He cannot (is incapable of) discern the 1st day from "Sun" day which of course never even entered the minds of any of the early church (and certainly not the gospel writers emphasizing the importance of this day). Not that one day is more important than another day but it is the day the church (from Pentecost on) chose to gather together for our corporate worship (and such a day is ours to choose since I have proven to him there is no law to do this on the 7th day...Moses did not do this on the 7th day neither any in all of Israel until after the Captivity)...it has been said right...

Roads he will not answer your questions directly but only he will use them to find a way back into his doctrinal equation (his mixture of flax and wool) Bro Tan tries to mix law and grace and for his doctrinal equation grace is divided by law...any who do not accept his doctrinal equation are judged "lawless"...He must think he obeys the law and no one else...what can one do...pray for him, that is all. Many posters have offered sound evidences to counter his pseudo-Judaizing dragging those the Son set free, back under the yoke, so I guess to counter him for their sake is a blessing.

At the same time he raises a good question that some find it important to consider...like "Christmas", we all know it is not a scriptural feast but it was never a requirement that we should celebrate it on any day...we chose a day to celebrate Christ's birth and we were/are free to choose any day we will as it was never given but we wanted to celebrate His birth so all who believe that could not read could reinforce the NATURE of His birth not the meaningless detail of which day (this only causes argument and dispute). Many things in any form are like this. We all just need to pray for him.

Major...We have been through all of these and even went into history and demonstrated this to him 100s of years before the Roman Catholic church existed (all his historical sources are RCC or commentary on RCC)...He cannot (is incapable of) discern the 1st day from "Sun" day which of course never even entered the minds of any of the early church (and certainly not the gospel writers emphasizing the importance of this day). Not that one day is more important than another day but it is the day the church (from Pentecost on) chose to gather together for our corporate worship (and such a day is ours to choose since I have proven to him there is no law to do this on the 7th day...Moses did not do this on the 7th day neither any in all of Israel until after the Captivity)...it has been said right...

Roads he will not answer your questions directly but only he will use them to find a way back into his doctrinal equation (his mixture of flax and wool) Bro Tan tries to mix law and grace and for his doctrinal equation grace is divided by law...any who do not accept his doctrinal equation are judged "lawless"...He must think he obeys the law and no one else...what can one do...pray for him, that is all. Many posters have offered sound evidences to counter his pseudo-Judaizing dragging those the Son set free, back under the yoke, so I guess to counter him for their sake is a blessing.

At the same time he raises a good question that some find it important to consider...like "Christmas", we all know it is not a scriptural feast but it was never a requirement that we should celebrate it on any day...we chose a day to celebrate Christ's birth and we were/are free to choose any day we will as it was never given but we wanted to celebrate His birth so all who believe that could not read could reinforce the NATURE of His birth not the meaningless detail of which day (this only causes argument and dispute). Many things in any form are like this. We all just need to pray for him.

I agree Paul. He is an example of a classic JUDIAZER. He does not believe that the work of Jesus on the cross was enough to save us. So now the real question has to be.......Is he a Christian?

Will he answer or shall we watch him dance?

Well, if he is true to his history, he will take a day or two to look up on the inter-net the ideas of thoughts of others who think as he does and then present those ideas without any answer or comments at all of what has been presented to him.

It is like talking to a JW.

Wait......could that be the key? Is he a .......

I used Colossians 2:16-17 because I understand it and accept it exactly for what it says, not for something I want it to say.

It say that we are not to sit in judgment or take to task or decide for others, while at the same time criticizing and condemning others who reject your opinions. Paul was encouraging the Colossians NOT to be enslaved by legalism, ritualism, rites, ceremonies and laws.

That is what you are trying to do. Bro.tan......I need to ask you, are you a Christian? If you say yes, then please tell me WHY you say that?

The Mosiac system had value, sat forth mans need for pardon, purity and holiness, setting forth God's provision of a great high priest, an atonement and fellowship with God. Now.......why look at the shadow of those things when we can look to the Lord Jesus Christ????

Christ is the author and finisher of our salvation. Ceremonies, rites, laws are shadows that have been superceeded by Christ and those shadows are to be abandoned!! Because Christ has come we no longer need the symbols of His coming......we have in fact the real thing!!!!!

Now on a personal note. YOU my friend are not only very wrong, but you are in fact dangerous. You are mixing law with grace and it is obvious that you have absolutely no understanding of either one.

Now......for those who read our conversations and posting but do not join in, allow me to say this to you.
JESUS IS ALL WE NEED!!! Keeping the law of God in order to be saved or stay saved as Bro. tan is insisting is totally and Biblically wrong!!! The Law was never made to save man and in fact the Law never saved one single person in all of history!!!

We are saved by GRACE through FAITH and that not of our selves lest we brag about it.

The Bible does not teach what you are saying.

You are truly a legend in your own mind Bro Tan...

History and Bible go hand and hand. From Genesis the second chapter all the way to 2014, the Sabbath day always been on the seventh day of the week (Saturday). Paul said in Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Its is what it is and its proof on who and when the change came about from the seventh day to the first day.

Hmm, I have a few questions about this.

If that were true, wouldn't it be better to remain ignorant of the commandments, so you can never be held responsible for breaking them? If people are unaware of those commandments, aren't you putting them at risk of "willingly sinning" simply by making them aware? Wouldn't it be better for them if you simply left them to continue "breaking God's fourth commandment ignorantly" since they are "not under condemnation"?

You've said before that my "salvation depends" on correctly understanding these things, but I believe I'm following the fourth commandment completely by finding my rest in Christ. Actually, in my understanding of the fourth commandment, I would be willfully sinning by limiting that rest to a ritualistic practice on one single day each week. So by your understanding of how condemnation and salvation works, wouldn't I simply be best to continue as I am, since it's not possible for me to be "willfully sinning" as I don't see how your interpretation of the fourth commandment could possibly be correct?

What are your thoughts on the idea that the "law" is "written on our hearts," and therefore all are responsible for all of it?

How would you respond to the fact that the ancient Hebrews had to offer sacrifice for unintentional sin (i.e., Leviticus 4, 5:14-19 - especially verse 17 here).

14 The Lord said to Moses: 15 “When anyone is unfaithful to the Lord by sinning unintentionally in regard to any of the Lord’s holy things, they are to bring to the Lord as a penalty a ram from the flock, one without defect and of the proper value in silver, according to the sanctuary shekel. It is a guilt offering. 16 They must make restitution for what they have failed to do in regard to the holy things, pay an additional penalty of a fifth of its value and give it all to the priest. The priest will make atonement for them with the ram as a guilt offering, and they will be forgiven.

17 “If anyone sins and does what is forbidden in any of the Lord’s commands, even though they do not know it,they are guilty and will be held responsible. 18 They are to bring to the priest as a guilt offering a ram from the flock, one without defect and of the proper value. In this way the priest will make atonement for them for the wrong they have committed unintentionally, and they will be forgiven. 19 It is a guilt offering; they have been guilty of wrongdoing against the Lord.”

As people we always look at the down side of the situation, lets turn this coin around. The good part about knowing the truth is that it will set you free. God's laws are holy and righteous (Romans: 7:12). They are the instructions for the way we should conduct our lives. Yet throughout history we see people trying to side-step the laws of God. Even today many Christian churches do not place as much emphasis on observing God's law as they do on ‘love’. But the fact is, we need both! The apostle John, (1John: 4:20) If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? As we can see, God condemns those who claim to love Him while they hate their brothers.

Again in, (1John:3:14) it states We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Such statements we need to seriously take to heart especially in these days when we see communities dividing into factions.

Concerning the observance of the Law we find the following, (1John: 2:4) He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. How can anyone claim to know God yet teach that it is not necessary to obey His laws?

Many fail to understand that the `New Covenant' includes a better way to implement the same set of laws that were given on Mt. Sinai, the Ten Commandments:
In (Jer.31:31-33) (v.31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (v.32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: (v.33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
Notice that the law was not prophesied to be done away, but rather to be “put into our hearts and minds.”

In, (Is. 42:21) we find another prophecy concerning Christ and the law. It reads, (v.21) The LORD is well pleased for his righteousness' sake; he (Jesus) will magnify the law, and make it honourable. When you magnify something you enlarge it and bring it out more of its detail and richness. Jesus revealed the fulfillment of this prophecy when he explained, (Mat.5:27-28) (v.27) Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery: (v.28) But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart

By magnifying the law and making it honorable, the spiritual intent of the law is now emphasized which goes far beyond the mere the physical intent. God has raised His standards, not lowered them! All God ever wanted was what was best for us! He designed us to be His children. We are happiest when we love and obey Him. He is a God who is totally righteous and holy. God cannot sin. And He wants us to follow in His footsteps. The person that says, in (1John:2:6) “that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

The second commandment was ripped out and images were brought in. The fourth commandment is the only one that deals with time. Look at this shocking announcement: "The Pope has power to change times, to abrogate laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." "The Pope has authority and has often exercised it, to dispense with the command of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. Keep in mind that our God is kind and fair. Those who are keeping Sunday and breaking God's fourth commandment ignorantly are not under condemnation. It's only those who know what God commands and willfully disobey who are committing sin. God's enemy knows that to break one of God's commandments is a sin which hurts our Saviour and robs us of eternal life with Him if not repented of.

Understand brothers and sisters that, Satan laid this plot so deep that some many ministers are not aware of it. Many religious leaders are putting forth desperate efforts to keep the facts on this subject away from the people. Shocking but true, many ministers have not learned at school anything different than their teachers have learned before them. Then they teach their congregations what they learned from their teachers. It is perpetuated for generations. This is why even your own parents or grandparents may not have understood what God's word teaches about His seventh-day Sabbath. But when people honestly study the Bible for themselves - their eyes are opened. Many people take the preacher's word and just don't study God's word for themselves. Do you believe that?

I praise God that thousands of people around the world are learning these amazing truths about God's true Sabbath of the Bible and are beginning to keep it holy in loving obedience to the Saviour Who died to redeem them.

As you begin to keep God's Sabbath holy, it becomes a delight. Sweet peace and joy fill your heart. You know that now you're not violating any of His loving commands but are walking more closely with the Saviour. Revelation describes the faithful in the last days who "keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus." Revelation 14:12.

The devil has been trying to get preachers to say that God's Ten Commandments have been done away with. But when will it ever be right to break God's sixth, eighth, or ninth commandments and kill, steal or lie? All ten stand or fall together because it's a sweet love relationship between you and God. If you break one, you break them all (James 2:10,11). It's like two lovers - it's either all or nothing.

History and Bible go hand and hand. From Genesis the second chapter all the way to 2014, the Sabbath day always been on the seventh day of the week (Saturday). Paul said in Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Its is what it is and its proof on who and when the change came about from the seventh day to the first day.

Well not exactly...first off, the 7th day in Genesis 2 is not called the Sabbath at all....secondly it has absolutely nothing to do with man...thirdly in Exodus 12 God creates a new calendar, a new first day of the years and months to follow and the 7th day Sabbath of Exodus is according to that calendar (which if not different why would God call it NEW?). So the Israelite Sabbath (which was never given to anyone before or other then them or to be a day of gathering together in one place for corporate worship) begins when the counting of sevens began on this new first day of all subsequent days for Israel.

The church (not Israel and Judah) has always kept the 1st day as the day to gather together for corporate worship and this DOES NOT change the 7th day Sabbath to the 1st day because there is no law to do this on the 7th day Sabbath.

Last edited:
God has raised His standards, not lowered them!

In a way I agree with this, although what you seem to be suggesting is that Christ came to be crucified to make salvation even more difficult to achieve, because of new, even stricter laws than the Hebrews had to follow. I would suggest that a better way of looking at it is not that God has "raised His standards" but that He has revealed that the standard we are, and always have been, answerable to extends far beyond "written law." His standard is that we are actually to be perfect as He is perfect. Sin, then, is revealed to be anything outside of the nature of God, not just "breaking commandments." I wonder if you really understand the full extent of the burden you've placed on yourself -- to achieve that incomprehensible standard by your own strength. Can any of us be capable of understanding what it means to be perfect as God is perfect? And yet that is the standard expected of us. How can this standard be attained by any other means than by faith in the atonement of Christ?

As people we always look at the down side of the situation, lets turn this coin around.

I asked the questions I did because I wanted to understand the practical effect of what you believe. I'd rather have those questions answered than have them spun in a more palatable way.

I do fully agree that God knows the best way for us to live.

I just still have that nagging question: how can you get around that what your beliefs seem to suggest is that not knowing God's commands puts you in a potentially better position for salvation, since the more you know, the more you are at risk of breaking. If we're not responsible for sins in ignorance, then ignorance is better, and informing people of the commandments puts them at greater risk of condemnation.

I mean, does it really matter if following the Sabbath as you describe it makes your relationship with God better, if breaking it even once damns you to eternal condemnation? (I do, by the way, agree with you on the blessings from following the fourth commandment, I just disagree that your unique interpretation of how to follow it is reflected in scripture). Who would take that risk? I'd take the bliss of ignorance any day over a life motivated by fear and constant anxiety of the risk of condemnation.

How can you reconcile this belief with the verses I referenced from Leviticus that hold us responsible for breaking the law (falling short of the glory of God) in ignorance?

And if we are responsible for even that which we do not know, and I believe that we are, how sure are you that you know everything for which you are responsible?

Last edited:
The Bible does not teach what you are saying.

My Bible does but I am not sure what Bible you are using.

You did not answer my question! My experience has been that when anyone who is born again is asked if they are....
They immediately are blessed that someone asked them and they never hide behind an excuse or blame others for their actions.

Having said that you leave me with no other recourse than to believe that you are not a saved, born again believer.

In a way I agree with this, although what you seem to be suggesting is that Christ came to be crucified to make salvation even more difficult to achieve, because of new, even stricter laws than the Hebrews had to follow. I would suggest that a better way of looking at it is not that God has "raised His standards" but that He has revealed that the standard we are, and always have been, answerable to extends far beyond "written law." His standard is that we are actually to be perfect as He is perfect. Sin, then, is revealed to be anything outside of the nature of God, not just "breaking commandments." I wonder if you really understand the full extent of the burden you've placed on yourself -- to achieve that incomprehensible standard by your own strength. Can any of us be capable of understanding what it means to be perfect as God is perfect? And yet that is the standard expected of us. How can this standard be attained by any other means than by faith in the atonement of Christ?

I asked the questions I did because I wanted to understand the practical effect of what you believe. I'd rather have those questions answered than have them spun in a more palatable way.

I just still have that nagging question: how can you get around that what your beliefs seem to suggest is that not knowing God's commands puts you in a potentially better position for salvation, since the more you know, the more you are at risk of breaking. If we're not responsible for sins in ignorance, then ignorance is better, and informing people of the commandments puts them at greater risk of condemnation.

I mean, does it really matter if following the Sabbath as you describe it makes your relationship with God better, if breaking it even once damns you to eternal condemnation? (I do, by the way, agree with you on the blessings from following the fourth commandment, I just disagree that your unique interpretation of how to follow it is reflected in scripture). Who would take that risk? I'd take the bliss of ignorance any day over a life motivated by fear and constant anxiety of the risk of condemnation.

How can you reconcile this belief with the verses I referenced from Leviticus that hold us responsible for breaking the law (falling short of the glory of God) in ignorance?

And if we are responsible for even that which we do not know, and I believe that we are, how sure are you that you know everything for which you are responsible?

Outstanding proposition!

Well not exactly...first off, the 7th day in Genesis 2 is not called the Sabbath at all....secondly it has absolutely nothing to do with man...thirdly in Exodus 12 God creates a new calendar, a new first day of the years and months to follow and the 7th day Sabbath of Exodus is according to that calendar (which if not different why would God call it NEW?). So the Israelite Sabbath (which was never given to anyone before or other then them or to be a day of gathering together in one place for corporate worship) begins when the counting of sevens began on this new first day of all subsequent days for Israel.

The church (not Israel and Judah) has always kept the 1st day as the day to gather together for corporate worship and this DOES NOT change the 7th day Sabbath to the 1st day because there is no law to do this on the 7th day Sabbath.

Let get to some truth.

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because, that in it, He had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Gen 2:1-3). The bible reveals that God blessed and set apart (sanctified) the seventh day. This day is holy unto God, and it is the only day of the week that we are commanded to honor. "Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the Sabbath of rest, an holy convocation: ye shall do no work therein: it is the Sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings." (Lev 23:3). A holy convocation is an assembly of the people of God, who come together to worship him.

There are two calendars that exist. God's calendar and man's calendar; both consist of seven day weeks. The difference in the two calendars is that God has named the days with numbers, and man has given the days names. God's calendar begins with day 1 and ends with day 7, his weekly Sabbath. Man's calendar names day 1 as, Sunday, and ends with Saturday, day 7, God's weekly Sabbath. Although man's calendar is universal (the same all over the world) the majority of professed Christians worship the Lord on Sunday which is clearly the 1st day of the week not the 7th day that the Lord has hallowed, sanctified and commanded that we keep.

"In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made." (John 1:1-3). Now, Revelation 19 verses 11-16 confirm to us that Jesus Christ is the word.

Therefore John chapter 1 verses 1-3 is speaking on this manner; verse1: In the beginning was Jesus Christ, and Jesus Christ was with God. And Jesus Christ was God. Verse 2: Jesus Christ was in the beginning with God. Verse 3: All things were made by Jesus Christ and without Jesus Christ was not anything that was made. Let us establish this with another witness as God commands. "And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:" (Eph 3:9).

So, the bible is the uncompromised word of God and God cannot lie. Therefore, Jesus is the God that created all things, including the Sabbath (day of rest). Hebrews 13 verse 8 informs us that Jesus Christ isthe same yesterday, and today, and forever". This means Jesus is constant and does not change. Therefore, the God of yesterday is the same God of today, who has commanded us to keep the Seventh day holy.

The seventh day is a sign between Jesus and His people (Israel) forever. "Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant, it is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed."(Ex.31:16-17).

If you're a stranger (Non-Israelite), you must also keep the Lord's Sabbath day. "Also the sons of the stranger, that join themselves to the Lord, to serve him, and to love him, to be his servants, every one of them that keepth the Sabbath from polluting it, and taketh hold of my covenant; Even them will I bring to my Holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar: for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people." (Isaiah 56:6-7).

Listen, people, read your bibles, hear the word of God, take hold of His covenant and follow the example that he has set for us.

"And Jesus returned in the power of the spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read." (Luke 4:14-16). Notice that Jesus did not go to the house of worship on Sunday. Also, notice that, when he went to worship, he did not listen to a pastor’s interpretation of what he (the pastor) thought God was saying. But, Jesus sanctified the Sabbath day (7th day) and he read the "Holy Scriptures".

Hey are you ever going to answer the questions that I have ask of you? I know you will not, because you cannot defend what you are trying to affirm... You are teaching false doctrine and you cannot defend it because its not biblical or sound doctrine.

What I ike about you Roads is your heart, you have different heart, you hear and can listen. Your problem in life will be making good decision.

I just still have that nagging question: how can you get around that what your beliefs seem to suggest is that not knowing God's commands puts you in a potentially better position for salvation, since the more you know, the more you are at risk of breaking

You mean knowing God's commands puts you in a potentially better position for salvation. Of course. Because in the scriptures its written in Amos 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets. To understand the mind of someone you must put yourself within the same foot set as that person. To be a Christian is to be Christ like, so you walk and the same foot steps as Christ, and do what he do. "And Jesus returned in the power of the spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about. And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all. And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read." (Luke 4:14-16)

Apostle Paul is an example of a true Christian giving respect unto the Lord's Day. Christian means Christ like, and Paul is a great imitator of Christ. "And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three Sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures," (Acts 17:2). Brothers and sisters our forefathers customs, manners or tradition was honoring all the laws of God. Our forefathers were believers in the "Holy Scriptures" and those of our forefathers, who dishonored the law by polluting the Sabbath, were stoned to death. Even in this day, any Christian not honoring the customs of the Lord is to be cut off from among "The Church" (Israel). "Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us." (2Thes 3:6). People, keeping the Sabbath day is a part of that tradition.

Well Roads, its always a penalty for willful sin, so we try not to sin willfully. Paul said in Hebrews 10 (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins.

We are not responsible for things we don't know, but in do time, as long as you walk as Christ do, he will teach you. Jesus said in Mathew 4: 4But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Jesus is quoting Moses here.

Back