How should praying feel?

Here is what it feels like when I pray. I think while I do housework, when I walk, when I run or cycle. I think about family members, for instance, and ways that they need help beyond their capabilities. I think of their futile attempts, and then I start talking to God about them. I know I can do this because I know God lives in me, and He said He would never leave us or forsake us (Heb. 13: 5). I believe this just like I believe my daughter is pregnant with their second child. I also believe I can come to Him any time, and He will hear me with gladness. I never go to Him hesitantly, like I'm bothering Him, or He's annoyed with me. And it's like being on the phone with a close friend, except that with God, He has all the time in the world to listen to me, and He is always there. I don't disconnect, and even when we are done, I know He doesn't go away, but is still there for me. I speak to Him with a grateful attitude, that He has made it possible for me to have this close an access to Him, the Creator of the Universe. I lay out my concerns for my family, and pray that God help them see, or understand, or whatever else it is, and I tell Him why I know they need His help. I speak with ease and expression, like I would talk to a friend. True, we don't go back and forth for my human ears to hear, as I would with another human, and I don't expect that. But I know this is God I'm talking to, and I am convinced He keeps His promises, whether I "feel" anything or not. I am honored that He loves me so much. I see evidence in my own attitude, my own daily routine, and in my children's lives, that tells me that God listens to me.
I know that he hears me though, because he responds.

Regarding the original question by Juk, I had a similar thought the other day...it was along the lines of what were they all praying about (in Acts). When the apostles first started out, they held long prayer groups (over and over again). But what they were praying about isn't mentioned (as it would be of course, individual prayers, and not really helpful to bible readers....in my humble view as to why loosely mentioned only).

So what were they praying about for so long?
Their personal lives, their circumstances, Jesus's death and resurrection (aka their confusion)....?

Anyway, my own thoughts on prayer are that consistency pays off.
But the answer you get, might not be, what you were counting on.
It is a mystery in a way, because you don't always know, why you are praying, and might eventually (as occurred to me), begin to back off of regular prayer, once you've gone through it for many cycles (time).

There isn't much to go on, about how our experience of Christ matures and becomes more of an on-going fuller type participation (with him).
At least that is how it ended up (after many decades of looking), for myself.

There was a long period, where I just shut up and did what I needed to do, trusting, that I was following God and not trying to figure it all out.
But that didn't happen till I prayed regularly for a decade or so.

So regular prayer is where to begin.
It just might take on some other form (more internal, in my view), eventually Juk.

Reactions: Juk
Regarding the original question by Juk, I had a similar thought the other day...it was along the lines of what were they all praying about (in Acts). When the apostles first started out, they held long prayer groups (over and over again). But what they were praying about isn't mentioned (as it would be of course, individual prayers, and not really helpful to bible readers....in my humble view as to why loosely mentioned only).

So what were they praying about for so long?
Their personal lives, their circumstances, Jesus's death and resurrection (aka their confusion)....?

Anyway, my own thoughts on prayer are that consistency pays off.
But the answer you get, might not be, what you were counting on.
It is a mystery in a way, because you don't always know, why you are praying, and might eventually (as occurred to me), begin to back off of regular prayer, once you've gone through it for many cycles (time).

There isn't much to go on, about how our experience of Christ matures and becomes more of an on-going fuller type participation (with him).
At least that is how it ended up (after many decades of looking), for myself.

There was a long period, where I just shut up and did what I needed to do, trusting, that I was following God and not trying to figure it all out.
But that didn't happen till I prayed regularly for a decade or so.

So regular prayer is where to begin.
It just might take on some other form (more internal, in my view), eventually Juk.
I guess I got a lot of time, then.

Back