how long did Christ teach.?

Michael -

One of the very last things Christ did before dying on the cross was to teach.

Please go to Psalm 22 in the Old Testament. This was written by King David approximately 1000 years before Christ was born into the flesh here on earth. In the Hebrew dialect, when Psalm 22 was written, the first sentence was: "Eli Eli lama sabachthani ?" - which, properly translated into English is, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

Now, let's go forward to the Book of Matthew 27:46 (KJV) and translated from the Greek language we read: "46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

In the moment just before Christ's death on the cross, He was STILL teaching - telling everyone present in His own way, that His crucifixion and His death had been written of 1000 years earlier by King David. We know this to be the fact because Psalm 22 goes into extreme detail right down to the gambling that the soldiers did for Christ's clothing. Click and read Psalm 22:18 (KJV) and compare that to Matthew 27:35 (KJV).

Christ was a teacher of men... His Gospel and the Truth was spoken by Him to His very last earthly breath.

Blessings to you in your studies.

how long did Christ teach from the time after john the baptist.?

Three years.

In the book of John, Christ celebrated the passover three times. That would imply that he was preaching for 3 years already since he was baptized.

But of course, Christ was a teacher even before John the Baptist existed:

Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1 Pet 1:10-11

looking into deeper issues,when he says from the time of john the baptist the violent has been taking heaven,would this mean people baptised with water but not with spirit.:smiley10:

looking into deeper issues,when he says from the time of john the baptist the violent has been taking heaven,would this mean people baptised with water but not with spirit.:smiley10:

It took me a while to find this video but thank God I found it.

In the video, there was a question about the kingdom of heaven suffering violence. It might not answer your question directly, but I'm hoping it will enlighten you :smiley90:

There are 2 people being answered there. Please wait for the second question in the video.

Thanks.

:smiley40: this Psalms portrayed Glorifies Jesus Christ as the sin offering as should be , it presents a sinless man our dear Lord Jesus Christ and savior forsaken by God ,but only in the sense that God allowed him to die :smiley50: such a fact is very important and significant and WILL NEVER NEED TO BE REPEATED :smiley40: the penalty for sin :smiley70: which in this case was physical death written in 2nd Cor, chapter 5 :21 ... and thereby peirced with a sword of divine wrath recorded in Zech. 13:7 """"IN THAT JUDGMENT GOD DEALT INFINITLY WITH SIN """ :smiley70: :smiley50: and in dealing with it , he so loved the world HE GAVE HIS ONLY BELOVED SON :smiley40: God vindicated himself and as well redeemed man :smiley40: God REVEALED HIMSELF at the cross of calvary like no other place :smiley40: or way :smiley70: this is very humbling to the heart and all in it , reading on down into the Psalm you read "BUT YOU ARE HOLY, O THOU WHO INHABITS THE PRAISES OF ISRAEL .

It is not possible for us to imagine the horror of all Jesus did bear as the sin penalty on the cross :smiley70: Mark 15
this Psalms should peirce our hearts and it truly does :smiley70:

Back