How important is witnessing and making disciples in your life ?

Lord God, I lift up Josh's ex before you, that you would touch her body and bring great healing, swift recovery and complete wholeness to her, in the name of Jesus.
Thank you all very much for your prayer. The procedure went very well. My younger daughter is in Spring Break and also able to spend time taking care of my ex. Nothing like in a hospital or cemetery to acutely remind us of the frailty and transient nature of life. Our action is a powerful witness more so than word. The secular world watch how we walk the walk.

Then why does Paul and others condemn the preaching of another gospel?

Do you think that if one is incorrect about predestination that would bar him from the kingdom?

A clearer understanding promotes stronger growth. At the time of Paul, there were many cults springing up. These were much farther afield that the manner of baptism. There were those that said Christ was not a man but an angel. There were those that said that Christianity depended upon the person that taught thebeliever. Some were saying that temple sacrifices were still necessary which denies the fact that it is Christ's sacrifice that reconciles God and man.

Discussion and debate can strengthen a Christian. It can cause him to examine himself and make corrections.

But tearing down brothers that have a different viewpoint is a poor witness. A Christian with discernment recognizes the difference between heressy and doctrinal issues within the body of Christ.

I encourage you to read I Corinthians, considering that it was written to a church divided between factions. Paul denounces factionalism and calls to replace it with love for each other. I encourage you to implement that principle.

Back