How Have You Been Enjoying The Fact We Can "rate" Posts Now? :)

I wonder how many "dislike" votes Jesus would have got. More than all of us probably. That is where we err.
Non sequitur...............there...now I'm happy! I've wanted to use that phrase for so long (y):)
Jesus wasn't a Christian talking to Christians was He?? Calvin tossing a hand grenade in and ducking for cover.

I disagree. If that were true then you could say the words of Jesus don't apply to us Christians because He was talking to Israel.

You can't argue for a dislike button from the gospels.

As the previous poster said of whom are we trying to get praise from? God or men. A dislike button implies I should care more what others think on this forum rather than what the Lord thinks.

I disagree. If that were true then you could say the words of Jesus don't apply to us Christians because He was talking to Israel.

You can't argue for a dislike button from the gospels.

As the previous poster said of whom are we trying to get praise from? God or men. A dislike button implies I should care more what others think on this forum rather than what the Lord thinks.
Ohh I'm loving you Buddie, "If that were true then you could say the words of Jesus don't apply to us Christians because He was talking to Israel." Non Sequitur.........I just love that phrase.
Seriously though, I'd say you misunderstand me. I think that Jesus would get just as many 'dislikes' from 'Christians' as He got from the Pharisees.
The difference being that any Spirit led Christian would see that He is right. But for you and I, we don't have Jesus' knack of cutting to the chase so some readers might be swayed more by ratings that actual content.
"You can't argue for a dislike button from the gospels." I agree with you there, however I'm scratching my head trying to figure out just how that fits with the rest of the conversation:confused::). Never mind I might come back and re read all this after I have had my morning shot of caffeine:)....Ahh that stuff puts the world into a whole new perspective.

Ohh I'm loving you Buddie, "If that were true then you could say the words of Jesus don't apply to us Christians because He was talking to Israel." Non Sequitur.........I just love that phrase.
Seriously though, I'd say you misunderstand me. I think that Jesus would get just as many 'dislikes' from 'Christians' as He got from the Pharisees.
The difference being that any Spirit led Christian would see that He is right. But for you and I, we don't have Jesus' knack of cutting to the chase so some readers might be swayed more by ratings that actual content.
"You can't argue for a dislike button from the gospels." I agree with you there, however I'm scratching my head trying to figure out just how that fits with the rest of the conversation:confused::). Never mind I might come back and re read all this after I have had my morning shot of caffeine:)....Ahh that stuff puts the world into a whole new perspective.

I had to look up non-sequitur but found it on Google. It means the conconclusion follows logically and rigorously from the previous statement(s).

Very little, if any, arguments on a forum are rigorously logical. I don't even think they can be. All one can say that there is compelling evidence. There is no answer that silences all opposition on a forum. It doesn't work that way. Therefore all possible arguments are "non-sequitur" unless you are talking about a mathematical proof.

Back