How does Jesus interact with non Christians?

"Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD, till he come and rain righteousness upon you." (Hosea 10: 12)

How did He speak to you when you were a sinner?

He drew me with an irresistable love and an overwhelming truth.

Mark 2:17
When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

I have found that 'coincidences' happen, a chance meeting, a tract left in an obvious place, a conversation, then slowly as the ground is broken up and the seeds have been sown, an invitation to an evangelsitic meeting or a new friend who shares the Gospel, I have seen it happen in my own family.
God causes a number of steps or events to occur that cause us to realise our need of Him, and then He gives us the chanceto respond, what a merciful God!

Jesus loved the people and had a great heart to reach them. They were drawn to His love, His power and His wisdom:
Mat 15:29 And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee; and went up into a mountain, and sat down there.
Mat 15:30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
Mat 15:31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.
Mat 15:32 Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.

Jesus had great compassion on those who were seeking Him lost though they were. The interesting thing here is thier reaction to Him. They were so touched by this unfiegned love that it overpowered thied desires for earthly provision. Some hungered so much for a Word from Him, a touch from Him that they had not eaten in three days. This is the reaction God seeks to provoke in both the lost and in His children.

Back