How Do You Test the Speaking in Tongues

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by gemma, Apr 26, 2011.

1. The Lord Jesus taught we pray "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven". There is no sickness in heaven.

2. 1Ti 5:23 No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for your stomach's sake and your frequent infirmities.

Jesus never stubbed his toe either..... have you ever stubbed your toe?

You are not Jesus.

There is a man who suffers from Cerebral Palsey. He is a man of great faith and he serves the Lord and exposes false prophets, false "faith healers".

I am glad that God has apparently chosen you to witness to His might through miraculous healings, but you are making a grave mistake in discounting those whose physical "infirmities" are also being used.

I have a crippled left hand, and I have NO doubt God could heal it in an instance, but I will never ask for it to be so.

God allows me to witness in ways I could never have known if not for my crippled hand. It is not a curse. It is a great blessing!!!!

I am truly sorry you may never experience such a wonder. In contrast, I have been blessed to experienced both sides - witnessing thru miraculous healings and sufferings, too.

I know you don't understand this, but I feel a bit sorry for you.

3. Don't be ridiculous

4. There is a peace that one is given when God speaks to him or her. Speaking in tongues is God speaking, and one’s spirit gives him or her the peace that one recognizes is from God.

There is no real concern if some one’s else’s tongue or the interpretation of the tongue, is of God or not, because all one needs to do is ask Jesus if it is right or wrong.

Now if one does not have a personal relationship with Jesus to where he tells one if things are right or wrong, then one is at the mercy the prophet or prophets in the church.

I say at the mercy, because from my expierance there have been very few true prophets in all the congregations I have attended.