How Do You *feel* God's Presence?

Pancakes, don't get me wrong! There are times & seasons when I feel nothing at all...Sometimes I feel like I've been talking into thin air and to the walls...God has promised that he is by our side at all times and we have to believe that and move on with that in mind :)

If we don't we're just robbing ourselves of what he has already promised and given us.

I think the ultimate challenge that it boils down to is just having faith that regardless whether you feel his presence or not HE IS THERE!!! :)

Remember - this walk with Christ is NOT based on feelings/moods/emotions..Its simply FAITH!! :)

Hope this encourages you..
Jake

Pankcakes, you are God's special child. Well, we all are as Dirtyrottensinner pointed out, but God is big enough to be able to give attention to every single one of His children. God is not withholding experiences or feelings from you because you are "less than" others. You're not missing out because of some personal inadequacey. He has gifted you for His purposes and He will reveal those gifts and how to use them in due time. It may be that in looking at other people and comparing yourself to them, you miss what God is calling you to because your attention is focused in the wrong direction. He is wise, and knows best how to develop each of us for our own good and for His glory. I guarantee He is not neglecting you.

Pancakes, I already know the Lord is working in you because you are seeking answers. If God was no part of your life, you wouldn't diligently be seeking a closer relationship with Him. All you need to do now is be patient, continue to pray, and read the bible; even if only a few versus a day. I began like that and feel my relationship has deepened far beyond what I could ever imagine after only two months. I was also at one point where you are. I have a feeling that in a short while, you will be counseling people on the very issue you are experiencing now.

Like what do you need to do to feel Him there ? : /
I worked alone for a year in the UK, I couldn't feel my wife, but I knew 'she was'. She would send postcards to me. Likewise, 'God is' and we have His word.
wow tink, youre really luck to be able to exp that ... if I could feel half of that I think i'd be alright hmmm idk if im cut out for this : / I really don't
Being in the UK without my wife was lonely. I called her and read her postcards often. Likewise with God, read His word and pray often. Heb 3:13 But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called "Today," so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.

I like how that verse says '' as long as it is called today''. Ie, soon we will be with Him, hang in there!
Oh, and im not allergic to work, I can work and do what God expects me to do but its depressing when i seem to be getting no where and when i look to others its like it comes naturally
God sees everything you do, nothing we do is in vein. Heb 4:13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.
its like a parent who has two children and hugs on one and just holds their hand out at the other : /
God will never do that. God is impartial. Read James 2 Pancakes you will feel better instantly on God's nature.

Back