how do you deal with different translation ?

Mark and Luke were not apostles, Luke may not have been even a disciple/follower of Jesus. It is clear from reading Luke that he obtains a lot of information from Mary.
The 12 Apostles were the 12 men so named, Luke and Mark are NOT on that list.
Matthew was not even a disciple for about the first year of Jesus's ministry, but he made the list.
Don't you understand my intention when I say pretty accurate? i'm not talking about engineering i'm talking about witnesses to an event,
two entirely different things.
the scriptures are accurate from the point of view of the writer, and the writers intention to convey information that is mostly accurate,
not to include trivial minute like Jesus was wearing brown sandals or took 15 minutes to walk from pilates place to see herod.
Each Gospel is not comprehensive but a summary perspective of events written some years later,
they are not supernatural divine manuscripts written on a hill by holy men dressed in white robes,
they were written by ordinary men like you and me but I believe they were moved to do so and the Holy Spirit brought those letters together.
Why are there four Gospels?
Well a testimony requires two or three witnesses, here we have four from four different perspectives,
and each gives us minor points of difference because if you were standing in the Garden when Jesus was arrested
you too would give a slightly different view of what happened.
Peter didn't know who betrayed Jesus even after the Resurrection because it says in John 21 20Peter, turning around, saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them; the one who also had leaned back on His bosom at the supper and said, "Lord, who is the one who betrays You....
and what about this guy john?
So why was that?
did he think John was the betrayer because John had access to Jesus in the inner courts.
He saw Judas kiss Jesus in the garden but that was likely when a big crowd had gathered and it was not clear what was going on,
a couple of hours earlier john 13:28 makes it clear no one at table knew what Judas was doing.
As for me,
the Gospels are pretty accurate,
Jesus is the Son of God sent by God to earth as a human man without sin
to be a sacrifice for my sins so I can possess eternal life,

see ya there.

Little by little step by step you water down what the scriptures say of scripture . "ALL scripture is inspired by God and is good for correction, reproof and instruction in righteousness ..........."

The gospels then; as all other scripture is not some random recollections of the life of Christ . But each inspired by the Holy Spirit and LED by Him to write what was written . True it is from different perspectives . The Son of man .the Son of God The Word of God and the Kingdom of God. But each inspired by the same mind to the same end that we may know that Jesus was the oen who was promised in the garden of Eden and in other places.
They are therefore of divine origin .

John said that if all the things Jesus said and did would be written down the whole world would not be able to contain the books thereof.
Thus not every thing that Jesus said and did is written in the Gospels .
But the scriptures do not claim to write about everything ./But Jesus said "the seed is the Word"
A seed has this property . It is not the fruit from which it came or the tree the father of it . But it does have everything that is needed and nothing that is not needed to reproduce the fruit.
If you add to it it will not produce the fruit .
if you subtract form it .It will not produce the fruit.
The way the word of God is being watered down these days if it was poison it would not kill anybody and if it was medicine it would not heal anybody either.
The Holy Bible is of divine origin and we need to treat it as such and approach it as such .If we do not then not only do we rob ourselves but we will fall into error .

ALL the disciples were not sure if it was them who would betray Christ .For they all said "is it I"?
only John knew it was not him. For he asked "who is it ?"

The gospels then are not "pretty accurate" they are accurate accounts of four faithful witnesses of those events .
as borne by and inspired by the Holy Spirit .

as for the Apostles . I am not even going to argue the matter .

in Christ
gerald

ok just going to jump in here and answer the OP's question.
My personal experience of being overwhelmed by all the different translations and that's just in English alone..

I would stick with the KJV. Just the plain KJV with no commentary.
How do I know?
It is the Bible God gave me.
I can give you all sorts of reasons but for the most part - comparing the translations - KJV comes out top every time. Scripture relates to scripture and has never come up with anything wrong or discrepancy that I can see. And I've read the whole thing.

My response to other translations and versions - watered down, fake, missing verses, translation of a translation that is error ridden, interpolated, messing up the order or cutting bits out of revelation, too 'baby' or too 'wordy' inserting modern weights and measures that are completely different and inconsistent..etc.etc. Also the singular and plural 'thou, thee, thine' ye, you, is very important distinction that is lost if everyone tries to make it 'you'. In other languages this is not so.

Also they are not as beautiful or memorable read out loud as the KJV.
There seems to be an anti- KJV brigade that tries to sell you all these other bibles. Well don't. Get yours for free, it's in the public domain. As for KJV only-ists. That's silly, and people caricature KJV only-ists as nutjobs. I'm just saying in English, the KJV is the best one. It's Gold.
Be blessed. :)

Little by little step by step you water downwe rob ourselves but we will fall into error .
gerald
For me the bible is pretty accurate, it was written by fallible ordinary people who like moses refused to speak to Israel even when confronted with God, or David who commited adultery and had her husband killed, or Jonah who ended up in the belly of a whale.
The apostles were also ordinary people like us and if they said he had a ham sandwich on Monday morning or was it afternoon, writing about it 30 years later is that such a big burden, an infallible error to bring down christianity?
Its religious people who get it wrong so set on getting it right they miss the message. All scripture is inspired by God, but He used men to convey the message, did they mess up? did Jesus actually die a Viking funeral off the coast of Scotland, of course not any errors or points of view are just trivial, scripture is 99% accurate and the 1% is just foggy memory.
Matthew I think says 12 times there were lots of things and people healed that he didn't write about.
Luke says at the start many people are writing about this
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilleda among us, 2just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

The way bibles are translated is different with each one. Some bibles are Word for Word translations. These include KJV, NASB, ESV etc. Then you have Meaning for Meaning Versions or Thought for Thought Versions. These would include bibles like the NIV and CEV. Then you have Paraphrased Bible Versions. The Living Bible and The Message are members of this style.

I think this sums it up pretty well. Not all "versions" of the bible are "translations". Many do not attempt to translate word for word but use the thought for thought or whatever approach.
The first thing anyone should do if they are looking for accuracy is to start with a bible that is a "translation" ie. word for word. Will things be misconstrued or lost in translation? Yes...always. But a translation is going to be better than one where the writers are trying to convey the thought behind the scripture rather than the scripture itself. I am sure those who do such versions are doing the best they can for good reasons, but as Romans 11:33-34 tells us,
"33 O the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! 34 "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?"​
Who indeed understands the thoughts of God well enough to know what He meant when He inspired the bible writers, as inspired by the Holy Spirit, to write the words we have today.
My advice is first, stick to a word for word translation as a starting point.
The second thing is that EVERY word of the bible holds together. There is no error, no variance, no conflict in the bible...anywhere. It is the word of God.
So if you are conflicted, go back to the original texts & see what the original meanings were to find out how they fit into the grand scheme of the bible truths. Pray about it & the Lord will give you insight as He said, Ask & you will receive.
If you still don't understand or cannot work it out...sleep on it. Ask the Lord. Ask other Christians. Seek & you WILL find. God wants His people to understand & KNOW the truth. He doesn't want us confused. The mystery is & should be only a mystery to those who are perishing & hopefully they too will seek the Lord too before it is too late.
God bless.

Mark was not an apostle ?
Luke was not an apostle ?

What Bible gives the impression that they were not Apostles?
I guess to be technically correct, neither Mark nor Luke were members of the twelve, but both may have been apostles.
An apostle is "one who is sent". So if they were sent out to teach the words of the gospel of Jesus Christ, then they may well have been apostles. They certainly traveled with Paul at different times but whether they were assisting or sent to preach...don't know.
In addition, apostleship is one of the gifts to the church defined in Ephesians 4:11. But we do not know whether these two men had received that gift or not.
So back to the point...were they apostles? Don't know, but they may have been. Is it important to know? No. It is not the slightest bit important, for knowing that either or both were or were not apostles will not bring anyone to salvation or help anyone along the road to the kingdom of God. It is of vastly more important what they each said in testifying to the life & works of Jesus than who or what gifts they may or may not have had.
God bless.

I guess to be technically correct, neither Mark nor Luke were members of the twelve, but both may have been apostles.
An apostle is "one who is sent". So if they were sent out to teach the words of the gospel of Jesus Christ, then they may well have been apostles. They certainly traveled with Paul at different times but whether they were assisting or sent to preach...don't know.
In addition, apostleship is one of the gifts to the church defined in Ephesians 4:11. But we do not know whether these two men had received that gift or not.
So back to the point...were they apostles? Don't know, but they may have been. Is it important to know? No. It is not the slightest bit important, for knowing that either or both were or were not apostles will not bring anyone to salvation or help anyone along the road to the kingdom of God. It is of vastly more important what they each said in testifying to the life & works of Jesus than who or what gifts they may or may not have had.
God bless.
from a technical point of view I only meant that Mark and Luke are not numbered among the 12,
ACTS 1:21
Therefore it is necessary to choose one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 22beginning from John’s baptism to the time when Jesus was taken up from us. For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”
23So they nominated two men: Joseph called Barsabbas (also known as Justus) and Matthias. 24 Then they prayed, “Lord, you know everyone’s heart. Show us which of these two you have chosen 25to take over this apostolic ministry, which Judas left to go where he belongs.” 26Then they cast lots, and the lot fell to Matthias; so he was added to the eleven apostles.
So, even though Mark may have been in the garden with Jesus at the end and Luke around somewhere they were not considered to be numbered with the 12.

That is true. Apostle means 'sent'; even Jesus is referred to as an Apostle err ahh that is translations don't call Him thus, but the Greek word Apostolos is used. see "sent in Matt 10:40 and Matt 15:24 to name just a few places.
But it is also true that to be one of the twelve, one must not only be sent, but must be an eye witness to His total ministry including His resurrection.

There are many translations.
I own NKJV, GNT and ESV. I used to own NIV which I also like but no longer own so may need to purchase another.
Its what each person prefers, personally I like NIV and NKJV and study from these.

I personally use the NKJV, Orthodox Study Bible, and Young's Literal translation from the web.
I rarely run into any issues that would require multiple translations.

Go for the word for word translations.
KJV is a word for word.
After all, Jesus is the WORD.

The interesting thing about the KJV is that where there is no actual word in the greek or hebrew directly translatable into english the translators put that word in italics to make it clear that there is an extra word in their translation that is clarifying the original greek and hebrew word.

I suppose this is because in english we use a lot of phrasal verbs. Hebrew is a very concise direct language, it doesnt even have spaces between the words or divided up like english is. yet God wants us to divide scripture rightly as its the word of truth.

Last edited:
english is very syllaballic language.
In chinese, its all about tones, and the language is pictorial. Even so, in the bible, when you read it should be able to give you a word picture when read out loud. Like how Jesus turns water into wine, you can see this happening when you read the KJV. Some other versions just take ages to get to the point.

I suppose I could give examples directly from KJV but that would take ages and then id be teaching instead of allowing the Holy spirit to teach you directly by you reading the Bible for yourself.
Go on biblehub and compare the translations, go to the one that jumps out at you,

Choose a well known story or scripture and read it out loud to yourself. The one that rings true is scripture. Try john 3:16

Before I became a Christian, my wife (then girlfriend) gave me my first Bible for my birthday. It was a copy of the Men's Devotional Bible NIV version. Several more months down the road I prayed that God lead me to a Bible that I can buy and the Holy Spirit lead me to the Chronological Study Bible New King James Version.

Since then I have gotten a few more Bibles, one being a Firefighter/EMT Bible the version being Holman Christian Standard Bible. My wife got it for me for my birthday. More recently, I again prayed and asked God to lead me to a plain Bible with no commentary, just the words and maybe references. He lead me to a NKJV reference Bible, red letter edition.

For me, I always seem to go back to the NKJV even though I have several versions in my home to choose from.

My wife, who has KJV Bible along with a NKJV Bible, and a couple NIV pretty much reads from the NIV when she reads. Because of her illness, the KJV had become a burden to read. Her cognitive thinking had really declined since I have met her, so the KJV becomes distracting to her. The NIV is much easier for her to read.

For me the bible is pretty accurate, it was written by fallible ordinary people who like moses refused to speak to Israel even when confronted with God, or David who commited adultery and had her husband killed, or Jonah who ended up in the belly of a whale.
The apostles were also ordinary people like us and if they said he had a ham sandwich on Monday morning or was it afternoon, writing about it 30 years later is that such a big burden, an infallible error to bring down christianity?
Its religious people who get it wrong so set on getting it right they miss the message. All scripture is inspired by God, but He used men to convey the message, did they mess up? did Jesus actually die a Viking funeral off the coast of Scotland, of course not any errors or points of view are just trivial, scripture is 99% accurate and the 1% is just foggy memory.
Matthew I think says 12 times there were lots of things and people healed that he didn't write about.
Luke says at the start many people are writing about this
Many have undertaken to draw up an account of the things that have been fulfilleda among us, 2just as they were handed down to us by those who from the first were eyewitnesses and servants of the word. 3With this in mind, since I myself have carefully investigated everything from the beginning, I too decided to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus, 4so that you may know the certainty of the things you have been taught.

One reason out of many why I love the scriptures is because it whitewashes nothing . Not even Peter who some say they honour.
I do not nor will deny the imperfection of men and their sin.
But neither will I deny nor can the great work of God in a man who truly repents and turns to Christ has his <Lord and saviour.
Where by they become " anew creature or creation in the image of God and "partakers of the divine nature "
Who have by the grace of God and the power of the gospel become "co- workers with God " or labourers .
I hold what the scriptures say then not to what men are willing to say .
That "ALL scripture is inspired by God"
That not one jot or tittle is unimportant which could reasonably be argued is every full stop and comer are not with out importance .
Your example of a ham sandwich is to be frank spurious . Though of course the argument would imply Jesus ate pork and thus would have broken the law and thus could not have been the perfect sacrifice for sin. So even as you might say in jest (the scripture says otherwise) you do err in your example .

So you may desire a little error and seek it .Though in truth in an accurate translation it will not be found.
But what sayeth the scripture? A little leven changes the whole lump.

in Christ
gerald

From the OP:
How do you deal with different translation ?
Answer: Perform due diligence and become knowledgeable, lest his people be destroyed.

You’ve been lied to; you’ve been sold a bill of goods by the most cunning merchandiser himself, Satan.

What you are about to read is not opinion. It is demonstrable documentable fact.

I will relay this info in a casual way. If you want additional documentation, just ask.

What follows are a few items you need to be aware of (there are others).

God could not care less about any translations per se. The Holy Bible itself chronicles for us several translations (Moses’ second set of tablets; scrolls tossed into the fire; etc.). It’s not about any translation; it’s about whether or not we believe that God has kept his promise to preserve his inspired words for ever (Psa. 12:6. 7). Presently, virtually everyone here has a fear of man, of standing on that word of God they would profess to love and agreeing with God that it is inspired -- here, now, today, and not “lost” and dependent on fallible men to guide us to their “version” of it. As we’re reading this right here, right now, the majority can’t tell me that they believe they have the inspired word of God available to them, NOW, as God has promised he would. What a miserable state to be caught in; men will ALWAYS supplant us if we look to them to define what God’s word is.

The survival of ‘the original,' for example, Greek New Testament, is a dream which dissolves with the discovery that not all manuscripts and critical editions are alike. Those applying this term to a Greek text on the bookstore shelf or internet site are unacquainted with the volatile state of the text.

And, of course, you're unable to tell us which “original Greek." Is it Aleph1, Aleph2, Aleph3, B1, B2, B3, C, L, W, Textus Receptus, Westcott and Hort, Scrivener’s, Alfred, Griesbach, Elzevir, Erasmus, Tischendorf, Lachman, Souter, von Soden, Hodge-Farstad, Nestle’s-Aland (If so which edition between 1 and 26? which printing of the 26th?), USB-Aland, Black, Metzger, Wikgren (Which edition between 1 and 47?), or the Greek-English Diglot for the Use of Translators?

Again, it's never been about any "translation" per se. But if wanna-bee scholars could shift the burden from God's "inspired," "pure" and "preserved for ever" word to man's intellect, then they could proceed to build their ivory towers.

B. B. Warfield's fellow associates first put this new “originals-only” heresy in print at the Niagara Conference in 1878.

Jesus Christ is the target of hatred by this world. His living Spirit-inspired words, which give his express will on this earth, are the bull's eye. Christians who stand with Christ's word at the very bull's eye will not only suffer persecution, but they will also be subject to a constant barrage of attack. The word of God brings the same reproach he bore. His word is the only vestige on earth of Jesus Christ, other than the Holy Ghost and the testimony of born again Christians. Many move slightly off center to avoid the unremitting assault of questioning scribes and mocking bystanders. Those edging away from the bull's eye are still 'for Jesus,' but the desire not to appear "foolish" finds puffed egos seeking ways and means to avoid the "shame" that comes from saying that you have a book in which God actually talks to man (Acts 5:41, Heb 12:2).

The living "powerful" quality of the King James Bible incites sinful men to "mock" and "question" it, just as they did Jesus Christ, the living Word, when he was on earth (Mark 10:34, Matt 22:15, Mark 8:11, et al.). The thought seems to be -- 'Point a finger at it, before it points one back.' The apostles scurried away when Jesus was tried and crucified. When the KJB is likewise tried with accusing questions, even some of the best men scurry under the cover of a Greek text, some lexicon, or the elusive 'originals.'

Another problem is that people do not understand what “inspiration” means. They’ve been taught by the world that it means God inspired men to write, etc. But that’s not what the scripture says; there’s no mention of man anywhere in that verse. It says all scripture is given by inspiration of God. By his Spirit. It’s not about man in any manner. God did not inspire any men, although this is the diversionary worldly playground that the scholars are working so hard to convince you to visit. The scripture means what it says: The word of God is alive; it is spirit (a mere breath is neither). Yes, God has indeed kept his promise to preserve HIS pure word for ever (ala Psalm 12:6, 7). We do have it. The question today is, which “word” is it, i.e. which Bible is the real deal?

Still, many of you believe, in error, that God inspired men to write God's words and, therefore, 'we better make certain we have “scholars” and “credentialed” “EXPERTS” doing the writing.'

This is why there is the push for 'bigger and better bibles,' that appear "pleasing to the eyes" and "to make one wise," that come with the highest recommendations of the 'scholars' who offer periodic "updates" of their findings to their yes-men and other subscribers. It also explains why those modern versions of the Holy Bible must be copyrighted -- they are not an inspired work of God but works of men who claim owner$hip of them.

Let’s take a look at the relevant passage:

And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Tim. 3:15-17 AV

Notice that even a child understands the holy scriptures -- no middlemen wanna-bee ‘scholars’ required!

Notice that it is God who gives scripture -- not man. Man does not even feature in this verse.

Notice that the purpose of God giving to man God’s inspired scripture is so “that the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.”

Notice how God gives scripture -- by inspiration. Nowhere does it say that God inspired men! “All scripture is given by inspiration of God.” God’s Spirit (i.e. inspiration) is the vehicle with which God ‘gives all scripture’ -- God does not give scripture via any man, or by inspiring any man, or by any other means. Thus, God’s scripture has life -- it is alive, it is the living Spirit-filled words of God. Conversely, man does not have life; outside of God, man is dead. Yes, man has breath, but mere breath is not life; God’s Spirit is life. The words of men are mere breaths; whereas God’s word is Life itself. The reality of the inspiration of scripture has no connection with any efforts of man.

This living quality of scripture puzzles those who are not born again. It even puzzles those who are born again but who have had their thought processes impaired by spiritual deception.

Don’t let the wanna-be scholars deceive you by their attempts to shift the inspiration of God’s living Spirit-filled words to man’s mere breath. So the next time you hear, “only the ‘Hebrew and Greek’ is the inspired text,” you’ll know the truth of the matter.

God's pattern has always been the same: He gives the COMMON man the COMMON bible in the COMMON language of the day, to do one thing -- evangelize the world. Acts 2:6 says, "Every man heard them speak in his own language." God has spoken to men around the world through a text like the KJV in the German Tepl Bible, the Italian Diodati Bible, the French Olivetan Bible, the Hungarian Erdosi Bible, the Spanish Valera Bible, the Polish Visoly Bible, the De Grave Bible in Holland, the Russian Holy Synodal Bible, the German Luther Bible, and the Gottshcalkson Bible of Iceland. These all agree with the King James Version. The King James Bible Society (527 Benjulyn Rd., Cantonment, Florida) keeps a list of good foreign Bibles and missionaries in agreement with the KJV. People looking around in their church think everyone uses an NIV or another new version. That may be true within the context of their limited vision, but when looking back at the history of the church around the world, you will see, for example, that those 64,000 missing words in the NIV have not been missing through the history of the church.

Did you not expect that these times would be as they are? The word has been under attack since Satan changed a single word back in the garden. Satan doesn’t change a game plan that works. Satan does not have to kill you outright to neuter your walk; he can simply flood the marketplace with 600+ modern counterfeit bibles and accomplish the same feat more easily.

Accuracy is God's end, not ours or the textual critics’ or their "versions" of it. It's not always easy to shake firmly held deceptions e.g. the "originals-only" heresy. Rather, do you believe God when he says that his word is pure and inspired, and that he has preserved his pure inspired word for ever (Psa. 12)? Do you possess his pure inspired word? I do.

BTW, the “KJVO debate” is a red herring, a new arrival in the arsenal of the ‘textual critics’ -- those whose fun is in criticizing the word of God. God’s domain is a little bit larger than the “KJVO debate...”

Webster defines an idol as a false god. Having more than one version is idolatry. With one version, God is the authority. When there are conflicting authorities, as there were when the serpent challenged God’s words in the garden, man becomes the arbitrator, choosing which “authority” to follow. Hence man usurps the authority of God. Any such argument is not with me; it’s with God’s word. Actually, it is scandalous for rich Americans to have ten versions of the bible (and then brag about it, too), instead of just one. For example, four million dollars was invested in the New King James Version; subsequent to that, several million dollars was spent on advertising campaigns. Many tribes and peoples around the world have no King James type Bible at all; the Albanian Bible was destroyed during the communist regime. Many of the tribes in New Guinea do not have a complete Bible in their language, since these countries have no money to pay the publishers. The publishers are not interested in giving these people Bibles; they are just interested in making bibles that can produce a profit for their operation.

Jesus said, “The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life” (John 6:63). Only a living thing can reproduce itself. That is why new versions die when their copyright holder dies. The text type of the KJB is alive and keeps going from generation to generation. New versions are like school science textbooks, which change every few years. Only the word of God “abideth forever.”

Two spiritualists, Westcott and Hort, changed the traditional Greek text in well over eight thousand places using the Vaticanus manuscript and other corrupt texts. In 1881, this 1% minority text type supplanted the Majority Text with its almost two millennia standing. All modern versions, including today's NIV, are their product.

All modern copyrighted “English translations” are not inspired. Reason? Because all of the copyrighted modern versions are sourced from the same corrupt and rejected Alexandrian manuscripts resurrected by Westcott and Hort, and men claim ownership of their copyrighted versions of them. Their source, aka the Minority Text, represents less than 1% of all available evidence.

Obviously, these men do not know the truth about inspiration. They have not discerned and cannot discern, from their so-called bibles, the meaning and significance of the inspiration of God’s word. The reality of inspiration seriously bothers these guys, and they don’t understand why. Mention preservation, and their blood pressure kicks up even higher.

If you tell them the word of God is inspired, they’re forced to redefine the definition of the word of God to match their un-belief in inspiration. The un-inspired inventions of un-saved men is their playground. Such men and their scholarly icons can be found hiding behind the ”originals only” heresy.

Psalm 12:6
, 7 tells us that the Lord has preserved his pure word forever. So the relevant question is, which one is it? God has no use for any “originals,” otherwise he would have made certain that we had them today. Rather, the question remains, has God kept his promise? It’s NEVER been about the translators. Believing it is, is why many have a problem, a disjunction between inspiration and preservation. It’s about whether you believe God has kept his promise. It’s an irony when some mockingly chatter, ‘Are you saying the the KJV translators were inspired like Moses?’ -- when the printed Greek edition that they naively think is ‘the originals’ was edited by men (e.g. Scrivener) who were no more inspired than the KJV translators. God’s word is inspired.

What would Jesus do? (please choose one):

a) Inspire a Bible people can read?

b ) Inspire conflicting Greek editions which few can read?

c) Inspire unsaved liberals to write conflicting Greek lex-icons to translate conflicting one-man Greek editions?

d) Inspire originals, then lose them?

A little leaven leavens the whole lump. Touch not the unclean thing; pass not by it. AVOID IT like the plague it is. I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes. God's pattern has always been the same. He has always given the COMMON MAN the COMMON BIBLE written in the COMMON LANGUAGE of the day to do one thing: evangelize the world. Today, that vernacular Bible is the uncopyrighted, free discourse King James Bible.

His preserved word was always his vernacular Bibles!

In keeping with his promise, God's vernacular (i.e. common) Bible has always 'come down from heaven ready-made' (as it were).

Sorry, critics, but the KJB text-type is not to be confused with today's KJ Bible. Today, as the vernacular Bible it is, the KJB is a relatively new arrival - not some forgone conclusion from antiquity i.e. it wasn't the 1611 KJB that "was translated by Greek & Hebrew scholars into the English language of their day." Thus, it shares no connection with men's copyrighted counterfeit "modern versions" of today.

The antiquity of the KJV text-type is evidenced in Joseph Bosworth's Parallel Gospels. It includes the Gothic version dated before A.D. 360, the Anglo-Saxon version dated between A.D. 600 and 900, the Wycliffe translation dated 1381, and the Tyndale dated 1526. Comparing them with the King James Version and the new versions quickly shows that the King James is the text-type that has been used historically by the church as far back as the Gothic period, dated before A.D. 360.

Acts 2:6
says, "Every man heard them speak in his own language." God has spoken to men around the world through a text like the KJV in the German Tepl Bible, the Italian Diodati Bible, the French Olivetan Bible, the Hungarian Erdosi Bible, the Spanish Valera Bible, the Polish Visoly Bible, the De Grave Bible in Holland, the Russian Holy Synodal Bible, the German Luther Bible, and the Gottshcalkson Bible of Iceland. These all agree with the King James Version.

Again, it’s not about “English.” It’s about God preserving his pure inspired word forever (Psalm 12:6, 7). That pure inspired preserved for ever vernacular Bible for English speakers today happens to be the Authorized Version.

Last edited:
In my experience...context generally weeds out most of the fog. Aside from that, I think it's biblehub? There's a website that cross examines all the english translations. And you can read the NET bible with translators notes talking about the original language for free online as well.

The way bibles are translated is different with each one. Some bibles are Word for Word translations. These include KJV, NASB, ESV etc. Then you have Meaning for Meaning Versions or Thought for Thought Versions. These would include bibles like the NIV and CEV. Then you have Paraphrased Bible Versions. The Living Bible and The Message are members of this style.

Just remember when trying to translate another language to lets say English, not everything is going to translate perfectly. One study I read, and I believe a professor at my college mentioned this as well, is that of all the Main Stream Bibles the translations are 98% spot on with each other. I believe this is taking into consideration the Textus Receptus and Alexandrian Codices. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people on here when it comes to the history of the Bible and can explain this stuff a lot better than I can. I would put your faith in the Holy Spirit and ask Him for guidance when you need to understand something. I would ask questions like you are doing and with His help you will find the answers you are looking for.

Im afraid this argument wont wash .

For one thing there is not God involved in the matter .
By your argument and others have said much the same . All is reduced to mans abilities to translate and thus subjects the scriptures to mans own intellect.
I do not say the mind is not used . I say that it is not put in its proper place.
The God I know does not have a multititude or needs many ways to express what is in his mind .
Man made in the image of God has in likeness a mind that thinks and words that express the thought.
A sensible man will think carefully as to what he is going to say .So that there be no error or misunderstanding as to what he is THINKING .
If that is for man how much the more then with God?
Whos THOUGHTS are higher than ours and His ways not mans ways .
Then I say a man whos objective is to do the will of God who is wholly sanctified in mind body and spirit and has actually been called and ordained by God to translate the Word of God .
Will and can and has and does can be inspired by God to find ways to express the MIND of God as to the matter that is in scripture . and thus by whatever language and using more words or few to say the same thing due to the nature of each language.
The message of God as to what was in HIS mind when the scriptures were first inspired to be written.
Will by the same Spirit ("who knoweth the mind of God") lead the man to translate the scriptures not only in accordance with the truth .But also in perfect harmony with Spirit of truth .ns and errors
I do not hold then at all to the idea that the scriptures translated are simply the best we can do but they have errors.
I do accept and have proved it that an awfull lot of modern day versions called bibles have an awful lot of errors and omissions and additions that have no business beign there . and despite the grand claims to a "better understanding" all I see is much confusion and little understanding to whit no increase in faith or work of God .Or indeed Holiness unto God.
In THAT regard your argument can stand . But what you apply to those substandard versions you have applied to the true also . This clearly is a mistake.
God is n ot the author of confusion nor does he need the help of man to clarify what he was and is trying to and does say .
It is man that is hard of hearing and eyes dim with sleep .
Thus I read a Bible accurately translated into English and have tried and tested and proved it for over 30 years and have never found it wanting . Not only I but countless others also .
What I find strange is that this same Bible is now discarded and often despised and rejected by many a pulpit and seminary as untrustworthy . I have even been called a heretic by one person when I insisted upon the matter .
I cannot force any one to drink . But neither will I see many wandering off into the desert on the promise of 'better things'
Without giving a warning .

In Christ
gerald

It really annoys me when i go to a church and the preacher starts quoting the message bible in an attempt to be 'hip'. Or they start giving you pick a path options in the amplified version. Or they dumb it down with the GNB. Or pretty much lie with the NIV, which omits a lot of scripture.

How I deal with it?
Always bring my KJV and read from there and look up scriptures to check. otherwise they can claim any old thing. Im not buying no message bible. If they want me to have one theyd give me one not gonna fork out cash to buy 10 different bibles in english according to flavour of the month set testx at the bible college.

You only need ONE translation in each language.

Back