How do I know I'm in Christ?

Metamorphosis is what takes place when a caterpillar is transformed into a butterfly. We a slave of satan are transformed into a child of God. The question is how does this transformation takes place. Jesus answered, Amen, Amen, I say unto you, Except one be born of water and Spirit, he cannot enter into the Kingdom of God John 3:5. We are told to go into all the world making disciples, baptizing in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit Matt 28:19. Peter on the day of Pentecost told the Jews to be saved they must repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Acts 2:38. Why the importance of baptism? Baptism is a burial and resurrection, we are buried with Christ in the dipping into the death and raised up to walk around in newness of life Romans 6:3-4. Christ died for all, in Christ all died, Muslim, Hindu etc. all died in the second Adam, but not all are buried and resurrected. There is a book, "Slaves, Citizens, Sons." by Francis Lyall in which he looks at Roman law in the New Testament. There were 2 ways out of slavery, manumission whereby your owner set you free and became your patron and you were required to work for him one day a week. The other way was death, which completely set you free from your old owner. This is what occurs in baptism.

Hello Limey,

Praise God! That our salvation is all of the Spirit, the flesh counts for nothing. We are identified with Christ in His death, burial, quickening, resurrection and ascension to God's right hand, by the Spirit: it is His work; no act of the flesh is required to secure it.

We are entirely His workmanship, and the sacrifice of Christ and His subsequent resurrection, is all sufficient. It is a finished work, and our standing before God sure, 'In Christ', our beloved Saviour, Lord and Head.

May His Name be praised!

In Christ Jesus
Chris (Complete)

Hello Hidden In Him;

Thank you for your post, brother. Anxiety, bitterness, grumbling, stress, depression are all principalities of darkness and not of God, I agree. But I'm also learning to distinguish that these are not the same as conviction or chastisement when I am in sin or have wronged another person. Knowing Christ instead of just saying, Lord, Lord, equates to Christ in us. The more we know Jesus helps alleviate what is not of Him but what is more of Him.

God bless you, Hidden In Him.

Thank you for your kind words, Bob. And yes indeed. Conviction and leading are the things you keep picking on more and more. It's a wonderful thing to hear the voice of the Living God and know His heart. Nothing like the feeling of having love in your heart towards others, especially those you might have once held resentments and anger towards, but then they got replaced with His heart of love and understanding for them.

And we'll have eternity to feel that kind of love for one another, and follow those leadings.

You know you are in Christ when you study and have the word in you because Jesus Christ is the word.

You know you are in Christ when you are filled with the Holy Spirit because it is the Holy Spirit that gives you ability to abide in Christ.

You also know you are in Christ by your good deeds like winning souls, giving generously, encouraging others etc.

Back