1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

How can you explain?

Discussion in 'Marriage and Relationships' started by ajoyfulsound, Dec 18, 2008.

1. How can you explain?

Okay, I have been trying to explain to my husband that, when we are christians we are not to murmer and complain, that we are to praise and lift it up to God..The more I try to explain it the more he complains.. How can I get him to realize that he places a hinderance on what God can do in our lives.?????
  2. Demonstrate that with your lifestyle for a starter.
    Then perhaps discussing what the Word of God has to say about it will help. When Paul and Silas were beaten and imprisoned for their testimony of God's goodness they began to sing songs of praise and thanksgiving. The power of God was released -their chains (bondage's) were broken, their prison could no longer hold them, they were freed to proclaim God's goodness and many were saved. God inhabits the praises of His people and as we rejoice in Him His manifest presence will come on the scene changing everything. After all does not His Word declare that He will work all things for our good- that means every situation and trial.

1Pe 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
    1Pe 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
    1Pe 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

1Pe 1:6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
    1Pe 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
    1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

Php 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
    Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
    Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
    Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Eph 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
    Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
    Col 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

Psa 100:1 <A Psalm of praise.> Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
    Psa 100:2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
    Psa 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
    Psa 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
    Psa 100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
  3. Thanks, I have tried all of that and he still continues to murmer and complain.. I have become very angry about it so I walk out of the room now or if in the car turn up the christian music..

Since I can't get through to him do you suggest I have him find a Christian Mentor?
  4. That will be great if he is willing to cooperate. Is he involved in a bible study and active in Church? I have known people who have spent years in such bondage. Do not fret but be persistant in pray and love him with the love of Christ even when he is obnoxious.
  5. No he is not active in bible study and we have not been able to attend church for a few months.. Which has been a great hiderance to me.. I need to get to church and get what god has for me every week.. We have mentors groups through the church and we need to find where the closest one is.. Just keep praying that we finally recieve the break through we need.. Frustrated in Amherstburg..Sorry I mean blessed in Amherstburg..;)
  6. Praying. It is time to get more involved in the body as more exposure to the Word is much needed.
  7. Stop explaining and start asking. Ask him about it. why he does it ,What he thinks about it in others and himself. What, if anything, he should do about it. Let him know how you feal about it and work it out together.
    Don't draw a line of opposition. Don't make it bigger than it is. Back off and take a slower, more personal, less preasured, more possitive approach. Work with him on it ;)

8. ;)

Hey Cliff good one, and yes I seem to make things bigger than they are.. Mind you, its amazing how his behavior has rubbed off on me.. I will catch myself complaining a time or two.. When I do I will either smack myself or call onto Jesus to forgive me..

Its amazing how sin can attach itself to us faster than gods special love and grace.. Anyhow I need all the prayers possible so I can get through this with Gods love and assistance:cool: