How Can This Prophecy Happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enow, You said:

"That does not testify nor justify the practise of continuing seeking to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Do note that it says nothing about the Holy Spirit in that verse."

Since there was two verses there, I will add them both.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen

Because the depths of Grace are unsearchable:

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Enow, I can understand now why you are struggling...You see they are both a direct reference to the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is Grace!! The power of God resting within us is true grace. I don't know what grace you have...

Seems you have stated that before in a different way.

You must have a different spirit than the Holy Spirit that I have been given.

I'll testify that all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ has been given grace as well as being given the promise of the indwelling Holy Spirit. That does not mean that the Holy Spirit is grace. God can give us grace and the Holy Spirit.

It seems to me that you are trying to say we are filled with the Holy Spirit right in the very beginning of our walk with Him? That isn't even close to what scriptures say my friend,

And this is where I cut the topic short with these verses.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Those that preach another Holy Spirit to receive or to receive more of Him are denying the truth above in His words.

It is also denying the promise for coming to and believing in Jesus Christ which is the result of our salvation that we are filled, and thus no longer hungering nor thirsting to be filled.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Seems you have stated that before in a different way.

I'll testify that all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ has been given grace as well as being given the promise of the indwelling Holy Spirit. That does not mean that the Holy Spirit is grace. God can give us grace and the Holy Spirit.

And this is where I cut the topic short with these verses.

Matthew 9:17 Neither do men put new wine into old bottles: else the bottles break, and the wine runneth out, and the bottles perish: but they put new wine into new bottles, and both are preserved.

1 Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: 18The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, 19And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power, 20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: 22 And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Colossians 2:5 For though I be absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, joying and beholding your order, and the stedfastness of your faith in Christ. 6As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Those that preach another Holy Spirit to receive or to receive more of Him are denying the truth above in His words.

It is also denying the promise for coming to and believing in Jesus Christ which is the result of our salvation that we are filled, and thus no longer hungering nor thirsting to be filled.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Enow, you have now stuck your foot in your mouth...

You said: God can give us grace and the Holy Spirit.

I can give you a hundred pages of scripture that prove you wrong there...and I will later on in this post, just so we can clear that up. Having said that...

You quoted John 6: 35 as proof that we are filled right away..So explain these verses to me.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

So clearly we will still be hungry as newborns...which is confirmed in Corinthians:

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

So this group is not born again yet...and in John 6 : 27 we are told to labor for the meat that doesn't perish.but for that which lasts forever.

Joh 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

So my question for you is...what did the scriptures you use have to do with being filled with the Holy Spirit. The answer...They don't. You used them completely out of context my friend. Most of the scriptures you used apply to the process of being born again by the word of God. We must do that first in order to receive the kingdom of Grace in our hearts...which is the Holy Spirit. Even then, we are to grow in this grace. It is like growing a plant...you start with a seed and water it. God giveth the increase...It isn't an instantaneous process.( believe me, if it were, no one would have just 'tasted the heavenly gift',and fallen away... they would have been filled. Not only that, here are some more things for you to ponder.We only receive the 'earnest of our inheritance until He returns:

2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

2Co 5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

Earnest means deposit in the Greek. Remember, the riches of His grace are unsearchable...

Eph 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Now, here is just a tidbit of proof on the Holy Spirit and Grace being one and the same. Pay attention and carefully compare all the underlined parts:

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
It is also called being quickened:
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us
together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
John confirms that we are quickened by the Spirit:
Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Grace- the Holy Spirit is the kingdom of Heaven:
Mat 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:

Joh 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:
Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
1Pe 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

Grace is our strength because it is the power of Christ:

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Ti 2:1 Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with mightby his Spiritin the inner man;

Grace is our comforter, established in our hearts
Heb 13:9 Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.
In Romans, Paul tells them that He wishes to leave them a ‘spiritual gift’ that will “establish” them and they will be ‘comforted’ by the same faith:
Rom 1:11 For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established;
Rom 1:12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.
This comforter..is the Holy Ghost​
Act 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
2Co 1:3 Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
2Co 1:4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.
Lam 1:16 For these things I weep; mine eye, mine eye runneth down with water, because the comforter that should relieve my soul is far from me: my children are desolate, because the enemy prevailed.
2Th 2:16 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
2Th 2:17 Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
1Th 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.
Luk 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Luk 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Heb 12:28 Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
That is why Grace has a throne:
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
Because the Holy Spirit is how we call Him Lord:
1Co 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.
And we have different gifts of the Spirit:​
1Co 12:4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.​
1Pe 4:10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another,​
as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.​
Manifold means differing in case you are wondering...​
I can give you a hundred more comparisons that Grace and the Holy Spirit are interchangeable, but why do that when it is even called the Spirit of Grace in Hebrews:​
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
And in Zechariah:​
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.​
Grace is a comforter a teacher, a healer, a helper in times of need, a witness for us at that day, a promise in our hearts and much much more. We don't need both to get in, because the Holy Spirit we are born into is the same grace we are saved by.​
That is why Grace is sufficient:​
2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.​
Enow, I am sure you mean well, but we are not supposed to ask questions that gender strife...So lets maybe stick with some things easier to understand and more edifying to those who may read our posts.​
God Bless and may true Grace be upon your heart...​
T/C​

Enow, you have now stuck your foot in your mouth...

You said: God can give us grace and the Holy Spirit.

I can give you a hundred pages of scripture that prove you wrong there...and I will later on in this post, just so we can clear that up. Having said that...

You quoted John 6: 35 as proof that we are filled right away.

I gave you more than just John 6:35. Those references confirmed that there is no more filling of the Spirit to be had wherein the believer is not heeding another invitation by seeking to receive the promise of the Holy Spirit again as they did at their salvation when they had come to and believed in Jesus Christ.

So explain these verses to me.

1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

So clearly we will still be hungry as newborns...which is confirmed in Corinthians:

Desiring the sincere milk of the word that we may grow thereby and desiring to be filled with the Spirit "again" are two different things.

Do note that your statement of denying Him below as believers not being borns again is contrary to your quote above of believers being "newborns".

1Co 3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
1Co 3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
1Co 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

So this group is not born again yet...and in John 6 : 27 we are told to labor for the meat that doesn't perish.but for that which lasts forever.

Babes in Christ mean they are born again.

John 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

So my question for you is...what did the scriptures you use have to do with being filled with the Holy Spirit. The answer...They don't. You used them completely out of context my friend.

Not really. One can say that you are doing it, trying to justify that extra phenomenon as being of God by trying to fit it into the scripture when you should be using scripture to discern the spirits. How can I say that? Look above in your quote again where you are opposing yourself about a believer not being filled with the Holy Spirit. You tried to imply by stating that one is working to study the meat of His words and thus enduring unto everlasting life which the Son of man is continuously giving unto us ( continuously giving us His words: not continuously giving us the Holy Spirit ). That point is made clear in His words by stating past tense that we had been sealed by God the Father.

Most of the scriptures you used apply to the process of being born again by the word of God. We must do that first in order to receive the kingdom of Grace in our hearts...which is the Holy Spirit.

Believers are to receive the remission of sin before they can receive the promise of the Holy Spirit automatically. You get bought with a price first and then sealed as His as a result. That's being born again by believing in Jesus Christ.

To give out another invitation that a believer has to do in order to enter into that resting place in Jesus Christ is to move the away from that first invitation in coming to the Son for life and make void the one hope of our calling ( Ephesians 4:4-6) by making it two hopes of our calling which is a lie by preaching another "Spirit" to receive which you had been warned against in 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 as becoming an adulterous generation that seeks after a sign.

Even then, we are to grow in this grace. It is like growing a plant...you start with a seed and water it. God giveth the increase...It isn't an instantaneous process.( believe me, if it were, no one would have just 'tasted the heavenly gift',and fallen away... they would have been filled. Not only that, here are some more things for you to ponder.We only receive the 'earnest of our inheritance until He returns:

2Co 5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

More denying of the work of Christ at our salvation in your quotes above. You cannot say you are sealed and yet still waiting to receive the fullness of the Spirit. Matthew 9:17 says you are a new creature, filled, and sealed. To imply another filling is to say you are not a new creature in Christ and thus unable to hold the permament indwelling Holy Ghost.

Earnest means deposit in the Greek. Remember, the riches of His grace are unsearchable...

It is more than just a deposit: it is a pledge of a deposit that is secured. God does not break His promises.

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/STRGRK7.htm#S728

arrhabon: of Hebrew origin (`arabown 6162); a pledge, i.e. part of the purchase-money or property given in advance as security for the rest:--earnest.

How you build on that foundation in Christ Jesus is key as our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit. There is no measure of the Spirit as it is given without measure.

John 3:34For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.

You either have Him or you are not His:

Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

And all believers in Jesus Christ: even those that just believe in His name: are His.

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Man cannot invoke the Spirit to receive God's promise. That is a rudiment of the world in how they receive their spirist as it is not after Christ.

This earnest is not towards the Holy Spirit but our inheritance of the incorruptible body.

Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. 13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory. 15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus, and love unto all the saints,

So do consider that and go before that throne of grace: do note that throne of grace is a thing: and thus not the Person of the Holy Spirit so you can't switch the meaning of His words that is not clearly stated in the Bible as saying.

Eph 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

God gives more grace is not validating that God gives more of the Holy Spirit to the believer. The words of the Spirit, the fruits of the Spirit, and the gifts of the Spirit all come from Jesus Christ.

John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Philippians 1:6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:...11 Being filled with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God.

Those are the riches of his grace: not the gaining more of the Person of the Holy Spirit, but of the Son's workmanship in us while we are in this corruptible flesh in this sin fallen world we are living in now until we inherit the incorruptible which is also by His grace and by His help.

The only scripture I have seen in regarding the identity of the Spirit with a word is this below.

Romans 8:10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

As Jesus Christ baptizes new believers with the Holy Spirit, the Son is giving us life. Therefore as believers have received Christ Jesus, we are to walk in Him since He is with us always now that we have received eternal life as the secured deposit of the Spirit is proof of that. Dare we testify that God is incapable of keeping that secured deposit? It would not go to His glory as Saviour at all. And since no man can come to the Son unless the Father draws him ( John 6:44 ) and since God knows whom prefers their evil deeds rather than come to the light ( John 3:18-21 ) then He would not bother saving the sinner in enabling them to believing even in His name if He was going to lose him.
May God be peradventuring in giving you knowledge unto repentance, brother.

Now, here is just a tidbit of proof on the Holy Spirit and Grace being one and the same. Pay attention and carefully compare all the underlined parts:

Joh 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
To systematically try to equate the Person of the Holy Spirit with grace as if grace will always mean the Person of the Holy Spirit is not a Biblical practise to do. Here's why.
The Greek term "pneuma" has many different definitions.
from pnew - pneo 4154; a current of air, i.e. breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively, a spirit, i.e. (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, demon, or (divine) God, Christ's spirit, the Holy Spirit:--ghost, life, spirit(-ual, -ually), mind. Compare yuch - psuche 5590.

Dare we apply all the definitions of pneuma as the identity of the Holy Spirit with angel, demon, air, and ghost? No.

Even though the Spirit is life ( Romans 8:10 ) which is clearly testifying in the Bible, your using all of those references to equate grace as meaning always the Person of the Holy Spirit is wrong.

Galatians 6:18Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Our spirit is not the Holy Spirit and this grace is specifying as of the Son being given to us.
I am not saying that grace cannot be of the Spirit, because it is, but note that grace of the Son and grace of the Spirit below.
Hebrews 10:29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

This Spirit of grace is referring to those refusing the knowledge of the truth that there is no more sacrifice for sin and so it is in that regard, they were insulting the Son of God despite unto the Spirit of grace given unto us that there is no necessity any more for a sacrifice for sin.
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in
spirit and in truth.
Note small "s" in spirit. You really want to equate the small spirit with the Person of the Holy Spirit?​
It is also called being quickened:
Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us
together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
John confirms that we are quickened by the Spirit:
Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
Again.... small "s". I'm stopping here at this reference because you need to reconsider all of these references you are misusing to make your case.​
And using "by grace ye are saved" is like saying that the Spirit is the Saviour, and yet the indwelling Holy Spirit would not speak of Himself but testify of the Son in seeking His glory because the Son of God, Jesus Christ, is the Saviour to the glory of God the Father. That is the mind of Christ we are to have and why the Holy Spirit in any believer would not lead a believer to say that even though God is Saviour. It is an error in witnessing that a believer would be committing, and they should repent so that the combined witness with the Holy Spirit in us be true in testifying of the Son in seeking the glory of the Son and thereby the Father's as well.​
See here in this thread regarding the Witness Factor of the Holy Spirit.​

Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

You have given me enough 'testimony' of what you believe, between this 3 harvest theory, and now misunderstanding how Grace is our power to overcome Satan. I have no more words for you and I am now rejecting your words my friend.

There is simply no more reason to dispute our doctrines. They are so far off that it is not fruitful to discuss anymore. Rarely do I walk away from a conversation, but this is one time that I will not cast my pearls before swine.

If a man comes to you and preaches any other gospel but the gospel of grace....So I can't even bid you God speed sir.

Moderators, no one else appears to be in this conversation, so I recommend that you close it as to keep it from getting out of control. God Bless

Tit 3:10 A man that is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject;
Tit 3:11 Knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of himself.

You have given me enough 'testimony' of what you believe, between this 3 harvest theory, and now misunderstanding how Grace is our power to overcome Satan. I have no more words for you and I am now rejecting your words my friend.

There is simply no more reason to dispute our doctrines. They are so far off that it is not fruitful to discuss anymore. Rarely do I walk away from a conversation, but this is one time that I will not cast my pearls before swine.

If a man comes to you and preaches any other gospel but the gospel of grace....So I can't even bid you God speed sir.

I can agree with that, except I would not consider you as swine, but an erring brother.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

I had endured by His help and by His grace this thread for the elect's sakes that they may obtain that eternal glory by remaining as that vessel unto honour in His House that comes with our salvation in Christ Jesus by looking to the author and finisher of our faith to help any believer to discern and to depart from iniquity as we walk with Him.

2 Timothy 2:10 Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory. 11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.14Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. 15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

So be it, brother. It does look like God is not peradventuring between us in this discussion.

By His help and by His grace, I shall withdraw from further discussion with you in any thread to admonish you as my brother.

2 Thessalonians 3: 13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing. 14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15 Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother. 16 Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

Moderators, no one else appears to be in this conversation, so I recommend that you close it as to keep it from getting out of control. God Bless

I can hardly see this thread as getting out of control by the lack of responses. It seems that there are more guests visiting this site than there are members. Just as well, I reckon. Signs of the times. Even so, Come, Lord Jesus.

Well, I guess this is a good place to close this thread. In reviewing the thread, it should have been stopped at the first post. Perhaps it could have been salvaged by a clearer defining of what people mean when they talk about "infilling" and "baptism" of the Holy Spirit and some redirection in the approach to the subject, but that didn't happen. Rather than an edifying and useful exploration of a subject, it progressed as a clash of opposing doctrinal positions, culminating in a fine example in post #25 of what violates both the explicit rules and the spirit of what this site is intended to be.

Post #25 essentially accuses another member of being a heretic, subverted, and condemned of himself, as well as being a swine and a teacher of false doctrines. Simply unacceptable. If one has presented their best case and the other person doesn't change their mind, then one can graciously bow out without personally attacking, insulting, or condemning the other member. Post #25 is not the only ungracious post in this thread, but it is the point at which all the ungracious vectors converge.

I could make this thread disappear, but for now I will leave it as an example of how not to conduct a discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back