House rules

I think one boundary we do have at home is not to invite JWs who come to our door.
Also..if any telemarketers call, to say we are busy and can we call them back? Usually they dont ring after asking them that.

Reactions: Juk
I think one boundary we do have at home is not to invite JWs who come to our door.
Also..if any telemarketers call, to say we are busy and can we call them back? Usually they dont ring after asking them that.
I don't suggest lying though.

Well in the bible it says those that bring another gospel dont let them in your house.
Also, telemarketers always ring when its dinnertime.

Another rule we have is no shoes in the house..wear slippers or barefeet or socks. Shoes are for outside.

This is a general courtesy that most asian households observe. But I notice that non-asians don't do this, they wear shoes in the house, some not even shaking the dust off properly. I recall in the Bible that Jesus washed his disciples feet. And that any homes they went to that DIDN'T accept him, he said to 'wipe the dust off' when you leave.

So I'm wondering what the custom or rule is in your house.

Also..mop, sweep or vaccuum regularly. I suppose there are some houses where they don't do this. So you go there and all the dirt and dust sticks to your feet. Maybe that's what he was meaning...although the phrase 'cleanliness is next to godliness' isn't actually in the Bible.

Another rule we have is no shoes in the house..wear slippers or barefeet or socks. Shoes are for outside.

This is a general courtesy that most asian households observe. But I notice that non-asians don't do this, they wear shoes in the house, some not even shaking the dust off properly. I recall in the Bible that Jesus washed his disciples feet. And that any homes they went to that DIDN'T accept him, he said to 'wipe the dust off' when you leave.

So I'm wondering what the custom or rule is in your house.

Also..mop, sweep or vaccuum regularly. I suppose there are some houses where they don't do this. So you go there and all the dirt and dust sticks to your feet. Maybe that's what he was meaning...although the phrase 'cleanliness is next to godliness' isn't actually in the Bible.
The no shoes rule is in my house too. And we also have to sweep and mop regularly. In fact, I have to sweep and mop the kitchen floor today.

I was thinking about this as was dusting and vaccuuming my room. Dust is kind of like sin. It gets everywhere. To be really clean, dust everyday..but I admit I am a bit lax and let it pile up.

Its terrible how much dust can be in your life. Dust is basically dead skin cells and other dead stuff you are shedding daily. Without Jesus we return to dust from which we are made, but the thing with dust is, its so tiny, and it just flies away...you cant gather it to make anything of it.

Ashes arelike dust. When things get burned up, incinerated, cremated, it become ash and you can just throw it away and they'll disappear. Never to be anything living again. Cigarettes become ash, roses with thorns become ash.

Huh..another rule. no smoking.

Nobody smokes in our house. One time some nurses came to look after me when I was sick. I was horrified that they would smoke, if they wanted to do that they had to go outside. I tried to get them to quit.

Back