Home Christian News Tim Allen’s Disney+ Series ‘The Santa Clauses’ Adds Religious Themes

hmm interesting though I don't think I ever saw the Santa Clause.
Also I didn't know Tim Allen was an outspoken christian. I know he was on the tv sitcom Home Improvement though, which seemed to have a christian family theme though its been ages since I've seen it.

I do know Candace Cameron and her brother are christians (Full House and Growing Pains).
Mel Gibson too apparently (he was in Passion of the Christ)
Justine Beiber and Katy Perry and Britney Spears are also from christian families.

It's unusual for Disney to endorse Christiantiy though, or be overly 'religious'
Dreamworks did produce Prince of Egypt, which was based on the Moses story in the Bible. However Disney tends to stay away from Bible stories and stick with fairy tales.

not sure about gibson.. it was a great movie but it added some things that wasnt bible. i am sure he meant well. we have seen the santaclaus movie i actually wasnt aware tim Allen was saved, we use watch him tim the tool man

I haven't seen the Passion of the Christ. I probably ought to, just to check what the fuss is about, but I never felt the need to as I know what happened in the Bible, I don't really need to see it all acted out. Also when things get adapted they often add things that aren't in the scripture.

I haven't seen the Passion of the Christ. I probably ought to, just to check what the fuss is about, but I never felt the need to as I know what happened in the Bible, I don't really need to see it all acted out. Also when things get adapted they often add things that aren't in the scripture.
we went it was a big thing. i watched it tried to map it out from memory of what i had read. i have seen live acts that was just as good. it can be a good reminder what Christ done for us, there was a couple scenes .i questioned but hellywood likes dress things up place things that are not. they say people was saved i question that.

i found it on you tube

I liked the Jesus movie and The Nativity.
I remember going to see Noah once at the movies and being very disappointed they added things that weren't in scripture.
Jesus Christ Superstar, I never saw that but heard the soundtrack.
I have seen Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat.

I remember seeing Santa the movie. But the real Saint Nicholas, I don't think a movie has ever been made of the true story.

Most Christmas fare, apart from Nativity plays is usually shows like The Nutcracker, The Night Before Christmas, the Grinch, Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol or some variation of a theme where the children end up saving the world.

hmm interesting though I don't think I ever saw the Santa Clause.
Also I didn't know Tim Allen was an outspoken christian. I know he was on the tv sitcom Home Improvement though, which seemed to have a christian family theme though its been ages since I've seen it.

I do know Candace Cameron and her brother are christians (Full House and Growing Pains).
Justine Beiber and Katy Perry and Britney Spears are also from christian families.

It's unusual for Disney to endorse Christiantiy though, or be overly 'religious'
Dreamworks did produce Prince of Egypt, which was based on the Moses story in the Bible. However Disney tends to stay away from Bible stories and stick with fairy tales
Mel Gibson actually directed the movie; he was not in it. I've seen it a couple of times. Many of the scenes are not Biblical, but probably because many aspects of His life are not addressed in the Bible. It is a good movie. A second movie is in pre-production and scheduled for a 2024 release. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5795232/plotsummary?ref_=tt_ov_pl

It was James Patrick Caviezel Jr. He actually got seriously hurt. During filming, he was struck by lightning, accidentally scourged, had his shoulder dislocated, and suffered from pneumonia and hypothermia. The movie cost $30 million to make and made $612 million.

Back