1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Sports, Games and Health' started by jim mayer, May 24, 2011.

1. Any canucks fans. Tonites the 5th game between vancouver and san jose. If canucks win were in the stanley cup finals
  2. Last night's game against Boston was completely terrible...I WILL say that part of me was thinking that Boston deserved to win last night cuz of that brutal injury of one of their players and they totally stepped up thinking they won't take garbage like that. But I love my Nucks, so this is a wakeup call to say TIME TO BITE BACK!!! :D
  3. So long as there is no biting I think we'll bounce back. Game 5 win in Van hopefully. My wife got tickets for the play wicked that nite and I can't believe I'll miss watching that game. Not looking forward to driving into Van from Whiterock. Guess I can't skalp my tickets for wicked. If by chance any takers out there !!!!!!!
  4. I hate to be the bearer of bad news(especially with this being my first post)BUT Boston pounded vancouver 4 to 0 to win the 7th game right on the canuck's home pond. Boston were full value for the win as they were in their previous wins of 5 to 2 and 8 to 1.Bottom line:the better team won....
  5. Hi everyone! I would just like to share my story of how God brought Ice Hockey into my life and changed me into a better person. :)

When I was in high school (I'm currently in college now), I was with the group of girls who loved going to parties almost every night. I go with them, get drunk, flirt with different guys, and I even learned how to smoke. The only thing that I didn't really wanna do was to give up my virginity even though all my friends weren't pure anymore. But because of this attitude that I had before, my grades were low, a lot of people talk behind my back, I get into trouble a lot with my parents, and I never really had that close relationship with God.
    When I was only 7 years old, I learned how to ice skate, but stopped after that. When I turned 16, I suddenly wanted to try ice hockey. I know that it was a bit of a guys' sport, but I told myself I wanted to be unique. During my first few months of hockey, I wasn't really that serious yet. But after awhile, a passion for the sport began to grow on me. My teammates started becoming my best friends. One of my teammates invited me to their youth ministry every Saturday, I decided to go and check it out since he was a very good friend of mine. After my first day in church, my life was changed forever and right then and there, I accepted God into my life. And because of hockey, I stopped partying and went to our trainings instead. I stopped drinking and smoking since it will slow me down while skating. I started studying well and obeying my parents. And because of hockey I met one of my teammates who is a faithful Christian and he was the one who introduced me to church.

I guess I can say that God works in different ways. But He is truly the only one who knows what's best for us. :)

Thank you for taking the time to read my story. God bless!