Hizbullah--- If Israel Attacks Syria, We'll Respond

Dusty

Inactive
Hizbullah--- If Israel Attacks Syria, We'll Respond

Hizbullah: If Israel Attacks Syria, We'll Respond
“If Israel dares to make an adventurous move against Syria, it will pay a heavy price,†a member of Hizbullah’s political council warned Thursday [September 27]. In an interview with the Nazareth-based Kul al-Arab newspaper scheduled to be published on Friday, Dr Ahmad Malli warned Israel against considering an attack on Syria, saying that the Lebanese organization would respond to such an offensive with full force.

“I believe that things have changed,†Malli explained. “The times when everyone was afraid of the Israeli threats are over. The Zionist entity knows more than anyone that the price of such adventurousness would be heavy, and the Israelis know the price more than anyone.

“Since 2006, we have begun a new stage in the Arab–Israeli conflict and have demonstrated this during the Israeli aggression in July [2006, the Second Lebanon War]. If anyone wants to make an adventurous move, it will bear responsibility for this aggression.†Asked whether he was referring to aggression both against Lebanon and against Syria, Malli replied, “We are all in one Middle East.â€

Ahmad Jibril, secretary-general of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine, also warned Thursday that if Israel attacked Syria or Hizbullah, his organization would also respond. In an interview with the Al-Hadat newspaper, published in Arabic in the Galilee city of Tamra, Jibril warned that Israel planned to invade Syria in coordination with Arab countries. The interview is scheduled to be published Friday.

According to Jibril, if such an attack takes place, Iran and Hizbullah will stand by Damascus and respond in full force. “I believe that the Israelis and the Americans will carry out attacks against Syria as soon as possible, in other words in the near future. I do not reject the possibility that the Israeli aircraft will attack us—the Palestinians in Syria.

“I also do not reject the possibility that they will attack the Palestinian headquarters in Damascus. We, the Palestinians in Syria, will not stand idly by. We will be at the front posts. I also believe that Hizbullah will take part in this war,†he said.

Jibril added that Israel’s plan was to isolate Syria from Iran and the rest of its allies, after identifying it as the weakest link. “I stress that the plan to isolate Syria will not go by easily,†he declared. “I am certain that this war will last for months and will open doors which have not been opened in the past.â€

The Israeli Air Force [IAF] sent fighter jets to the Israeli–Syrian border Thursday afternoon, after Syrian aircraft were detected on radar screens flying over the area near the Syrian part of the border. After determining that the Syrian aircraft were not engaged in hostile activity, the IAF warplanes proceeded to return to their base safely. Tens of thousands of hikers visiting the Golan Heights at the time of the incident were not evacuated.

Last Saturday, during the holy day of Yom Kippur [Day of Atonement], the Israel Defense Forces sent IAF fighter jets after a Syrian aircraft that disappeared from IDF radar. According to IDF sources, the aircraft was later found on the Syrian side of the border, after it had crashed. The IAF jets found no evidence of the aircraft attempting an attack and returned from their mission safely. Sending IAF jets after unidentified aircraft which fall off the radar is a standard method of operation in the IDF, the sources said.

(By Roee Nahmias and Hagai Einav, Ynetnews.com, September 27, 2007)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3454117,00.html
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3454029,00.html

Prayer Focus
Pray that Israel is well prepared for the next round of conflict. Pray that God Himself will step in where she may be lacking, placing His hand over her land and people to safeguard her all around. May He give Israel victory over her enemies.

Scripture
“For I will not trust in my bow, nor shall my sword save me. But You have saved us from our enemies, and have put to shame those who hated us. In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever...He will fulfill the desire of those who fear Him; He also will hear their cry and save them. The LORD preserves all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy†(Psalm 44:6–8, 145:19–20).

Israel will not tolerate nukes in Syria, those people are not responsible adults.

Back