Hi, I'm a new member from Melbourne, Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the repy Snagglefritz and thanks for the link. I did not come across that page when I went onto the atheists site. I should have done more howework; not that I knew what to research; it was my first forum.
Anyway, although making mistakes in posting (I posted above the quote) I did not think I did anyhting to offend. One of the atheists immediately posted I was an idiot and a couple of other expletives, which did not concern me, (what I have been through in the last four years they have nothing that would upset or anger me). But as your link said they certainly jumped in and went for the jugular. All I offered was to dicuss and prove a number of incidences that had happened in my life that turned me from an atheist into a believer. One of the group asked the forum to give me a chance to explain a court situation and allow me to provide the evidence. That was the point I was warned and banned.
Whether or not you read the rules at the atheist forum shouldn't really have any effect on how the moderators enforce their rules ... They tell Christians nobody will be immediately banned and then you get banned within five minutes. It's all very puzzling. By the way you forgot to post a link to that thread where you were banned. I was looking forward to reading it.

Hello everyone. Just a friendly reminder from the Moderators about the Forum Rules :)
Are you talking to me? I thought I was going pretty well...

Are you talking to me? I thought I was going pretty well...
Not just you :) I was talking to the people who are posting links about a website. If you want to discuss it, feel free to PM someone. But the rules of the forum is that we can't bash other websites in open forum. Hope you understand.

If it's still going to be discussed, we will probably have to close the thread :(. And we don't want to do that!

Apologies to Heavy-J. My discussion with Graham has taken your welcome thread way off topic, but things move quickly on Internet forums and "hijacks" like this occur from time to time. Bear with me as I make this one last comment on your thread (and thanks for your patience).

Not just you :) I was talking to the people who are posting links about a website. If you want to discuss it, feel free to PM someone. But the rules of the forum is that we can't bash other websites in open forum. Hope you understand.

If it's still going to be discussed, we will probably have to close the thread :(. And we don't want to do that!
I accept that your post was not directed at "just me", but...

I didn't think I was bashing another website. I chose my words very carefully and in doing so perhaps made my point more subtly than I should have. To be precise, I was expressing doubt that the other forum would ban a Christian within five minutes of the Christian's arrival, and I quoted rules from that forum which suggested that this would not happen. My attitude towards that forum was in fact very positive - and nothing I said should be construed as "bashing". If you would prefer that I drop the subject then tell me so in your next post and I will never mention it again.

@ Graham:
A link to your thread at the other forumwould be appreciated - or just it's title if you can't find a link. Thanks.

Perhaps you could start another thread on this forum and tell us about your experiences (without "bashing" of course).

Edit (fours later)
I found your thread:

MODERATOR'S COMMENT

This thread has been well discussed. Everyone has stated their views and no one is changing their minds.

With that in mind, it is the opinion of the Moderators, nothing further is to be gained and the thread will be closed.

If anyone wishes to add something to this thread that is of a differing viewpoint and has not already been covered, please let anyone on the Moderator Team know, and reopening of this thread will be considered.

Also, the thread has gotten off topic.

We thank all who participated.

Moderator Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back