hi all :)

hi all :)

just wanted to stop in and say hi.... I guess a few bio details are in order ehhh? I am 44, disabled due to numerous low back fusions and a neck fusion, and as a result of the many operations and the trauma of dealing with the pain meds and the side effects, plus my inability to work my wife asked me to leave the home this past September...I think she wants to trade me in for a newer model :) I have 4 kids, 2 daughters, a 23 yr old daughter (she was born when I was living a very wild lifestyle, I was only 16 when she was born) and with my wife, we have 1 daughter, 20, and 3 boys ages 17, 11 and 7. I am a former Marine and construction worker, I injured my back in 1988 doing something I had done literally hundreds of times before, simply playing a game of basketball and never had any back problems of any kind until that day..... after 17 different operations and out patient procedures, plus one near fatal staph infection after lamenectomy number 3 which went into my bloodstream (of course) and spinal column, I am still suffer from fairly high levels of chronic pain.
I originally became a Christian in 1981, was led to Christ by a dear lady who lived in the same apartment building, she went to a Pentecostal church and I went there for quite a number of months, however, I never spoke in tongues so the pastoral leadership team began to question my salvation.... or they said I was keeping some "secret sin" and this is why the holy Spirit was not blessing me with "THE" gift.... so I eventually figured they were right about me not being saved, figured God did not love me, so I fell away for a long time.... it wasn't until the late 80's, after being hurt, did I start to go o church again... still... no tongues, but I finally started checking into doctrine, systematic theology, apologetics, etc an when I did, I found how wrong those people in my early Christian life were... so after being hurt and having to be retrained because I could no longer do physically demanding work, I had the opportunity to go to college with the help of a federal government program called Vocational Rehabilitation. I went to Indiana Univ. at South Bend, Goshen College Goshen Indiana, and eventually graduated with a degree in biblical counseling with a double minor in Systematic Theology and Apologetics from Grace College and Seminary in Winona Lake Indiana.... I am thankful to have had the opportunity to work for a few places for a few years, but eventually my recurring injuries caused me to become totally and permanently disabled.

or

life is hard, but God is good

or

I don't know what the future holds, but I know who holds the future

blessings,
Ken

ps... I guess I should explain my name... sometimes people see "maniac" and they get a bit concerned about me :) no need to fear... I coined the term because of my love of a particular branch of philosophy called "Epistemology", which is the study of the nature of knowledge, how we know what we know and why....

Welcome, Ken - glad that you found us here at CFS.

Looking forward to your contributions to our discussions and studies. :)

"life is hard, but God is good"- AMEN BROTHER, I am really sorry for your trials but I am really rejoicing that God is in the center of your life. I am sitting at home 3 months now after being injured at work, weather or not I will be permenantly disable has not been determined yet. I am wanting to do alot to help my family but right now I can't, I seem a liitle farther behind financially every month BUT- I have perfect peace- God is in control of both your lives brother and His Word promises:
Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
I know if we stand fast and trust Him we will see His plan for our lives come to fruition- He will put us were He can use us for His glory.
As far as those misguided bretheren - I believe in the Gifts of the Spirit , God divides those severaly AS HE WILLS- the gifts are freely given and not earned and the only qualifacation is salvation. While they are indeed awesome it is more important that we manifest the fruit of His Spirit:
Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Our job as His church is to demonstrate love- love for God , love for each other and love for the lost. Your overcoming of lifes obsticles and religious attitudes of others is a testimony of God's grace in your life and your testimony of faithfulness is a blessing. Remember God is a God of the miraculous and He is not finished with you yet! He still has plans of you!

Amen... and I pray you will continue to see the hand of God in your trials as well....

thanks to Pastor Gary and Banereth for your welcomes as well :)

I hope we can all encourage one another and that even if we disagree..... and how many Christians agree with one another on everything!!!... if and when we do disagree, that we (especially me!!) can do so in an agreeable manner :)

blessings,
Ken

Back