Hey y'all

Hey y'all

That's right. The newbie's a southerner. But North Carolina's God's country. That's why the sky is Carolina blue right? I'm 54 y/o WASP - male, been saved since 1981, when the good Lord brought a good friend (my roomate) to Him and got me to questioning. Remembering what I had heard as a child in church, I started talking to a friend at work who was a Christian and asking him questions too. At the time I thought I could find happiness through sensory gratification, but the more drugs alcohol and women I tried to find happiness with, the more I came up empty, until the Lord filled that empty space. Been walkin with Him ever since. I serve Him in choir, singing special music, praise and worship leader on Sunday evenings, deacon, sunday school teacher, and I do all the slide shows for the services. I also find time to work a full time job in the secular world. That pays the bills. All the other stuff is what brings me fulfillment. That and my family of course. I have a beautiful wife who has put with me since 1981, been a member of the same church sine 1981, and became a Christian in 1981. 1981 was a goooood year. I have two beautiful daughters, both grown, one married and one probably soon to be; within two years anyway. My M-I-L lives with us. She moved in after my F-I-L died last Feb. We just learned this February that she has stage 4 cancer. Widespread and inoperable. She's taking chemo. In her second cycle. So far a lot of tiredness, but no sickness, praise God! We're hoping for a miracle but above all that God be glorified in her life and in ours.
Well, hope that's enuff to get started. See ya around. I hope I can be a blessing to you.

Sorry to hear about your Mother in Law. But you know God is able. Jesus healed Peter's mother in Law in the book of Matthew 8: vs.15 says, "And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them." vs. 17 says, "That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sickness."

So, yes God is able.

Welcome to the family and we look forward to hearing from you.

God bless you and your family,

godbe4me-albums-jesus-saves-picture369-blessing27-copy.gif
Godbe4me

But North Carolina's God's country

hehe, now you sure it ain't Kentucky that yer talkin bout there brother, lol.. Love bein from the south as well, never ventured up ur way but sounds nice enough!

Welcome to the site it is great to have ya here!

I pray that the Lord will be with your mother in law and give her strength and comfort through such a difficult time in her life. May Jesus send His pure peace to her.

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the concern for my M-I-L. I also know God is sovereign; large and in charge and NOTHING takes Him by surprise. He holds us in His hand.

A warm welcomw N2, sorry to hear about your MIL.

North Carolina sounds lovely, but sorry got to disagree with you about it being 'God's Own Country'. Sure, Everyone knows that honour goes to Scotland,..,... you just can't beat it for..............................uhmm RAIN!!:(

Thank you for that beautiful testimony to our Lord and Savior.

Praying for peace, comfort and healing for your Mother-In Law.

So glad you joined us.

Have a blessed day.:jesus-cross:

Back