Help me. I'm losing my Faith...

Discussion in 'Requests for Assistance' started by Theop, May 18, 2017.

1. Praying for you and your family Theop :)

Cturtle likes this.
  2. Thank you brother.
    Glad to know that this site is fill with caring people like you. May God bless you too.

Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  3. Surprisingly, money hasn't been the problem I had thought it would be.

Things would have been much worse if this had happened before my boys were grown and on their own.

This is where God's providence showed through.

I have a wife and two grown boys.

My prettier half worked at Dept of Commerce starting off as a clerk-typist and ending up as an administrative assistant with a nice salary. She did take time off when my boys were young, but other than that, she liked working and it helped a lot.

For myself I entered my career through the Air Force where I operated computers. Although I was always taking classes of some sort or other, I never rolled it into a degree. (that's another story) which means that although my companies liked my work, I never commanded the highest salaries.

But, my company was (is) an old-style firm with traditional retirement plans, at least for long time employees. So, when I left employment, I had a sizeable 401k, along with old fashioned conventional retirement. My severance package took care of my credit card and automobile debt. All in all I had and still have more reserves than most.

The total is no where near what I would have had if I stayed working, and at times I miss work, but we have not been worrying about money.

We are considering moving to a smaller place, but really it's not because of money issues.

When I think of the small sacrafices we had to make because of my loss of income and compare it to the challenges that many face throughout their lives, I csn only feel blessed and wish to do what little I can to aid them and show God's love.

Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  4. Theop
    Just so we know. How much time do you spend in God's Word?
    I am talking about reading and hearing His word taught?
    Blessings
    FCJ

Cturtle likes this.
  5. Thank you again brother for your sharing. Very encouraging me. I know I can't constantly rely on Him and stand up on my feet like you do. But this moment I got no where else to go except begging Him to help me loosen up a bit. It's really nice for your country to have a good retirement plan. In my country We have to plan on our own. If we failed to save money in our productive years we'll be begging for money in the streets.

6. You mean reading the bible FCJ? I'm not physically read the bible but every time I'm browsing and found a verse I just google it and read it online. I once in my younger year committed to read a whole bible from Genesis to Revelation. One page every night. I don't remember how long it took to finished all.
    Right now in my spare time I watch youtube. and one of my favorite preacher right now is Nick Vujicic.

7. I just find out that I'm the only one online at this site right now. Well it's all make sense I'm on the other site of this earth (silly me).

8. Hello Brother,
    Romans 10:17
    So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

In order to get your faith stronger you need to get the word in you. This means reading and listening to it being taught.

Reading out loud to yourself is the best way to read because you gain from normal reading but you also hear it and it sticks better.

The deal is to get the word into your heart and not just in your head. Heart being your core being or another words spirit being.

Look at it this way. Your hungry so you eat and feed your body. Just thinking about something you ate 3 months ago won't do you any good.

It's the same with your Spirit man. You need to feed it daily. Living on last month's feeding or what you think you learned won't do anything for your Spirit man.

Which ironically builds your Faith or Developed your Faith.

Remember praying for faith won't work but faith will make prayer work.
    Blessings
    FCJ

Cturtle likes this.
  9. Thank you for your advice and prayers. Yes I will start to learn thanking Him again.

Cturtle and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.
  10. Thank for the enlightenment FCJ. I think in the the beginning since I received bad news a year ago. I become more active meaning that : I prayed a lot more than I usually before (asking and begging Him to help), I read more verse than before. Because at this moment I feel I really need Him. But since there's no answer from Him I started to doubt that He's not answering or He doesn't exist (Don't judge me first). I know my faith is trial. That's why I seek for help for my faith and stumbled into this site. And that's why I started this thread.

11. Oh I can assure you that He will not judge you, nor will I. We all have been in the place where you have been, some even worse. But one thing is for sure we will encourage you to get back to where God desires for you to be.

God desires to have a relationship with you. Much like you would have with your best friend. And the Holy Spirit is jealous. He desires that you spend time reading to get to know Him, and then as you read the Bible, getting to know Jesus, you will learn to know His voice speaking to you in your spirit, and giving you direction.

God is a very personal God. He wants you to know Him very closely. Just like when you know your wife or child's voice on the phone, when spending time with the Father, is how well you can know His voice speaking inside of you, but you have to spend time with Him.

And begging when you pray will not get His attention. But praying in faith (trust) will get His attention. For faith is what pleases Him.

Fish Catcher Jim likes this.
  12. Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.

And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

For the rest, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is worthy of reverence and is honorable and seemly, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely and lovable, whatever is kind and winsome and gracious, if there is any virtue and excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think on and weigh and take account of these things [fix your minds on them].

Practice what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and model your way of living on it, and the God of peace (of untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you.
    Philippians 4:6‭-‬9 AMPC
    http://bible.com/8/php.4.6-9.AMPC

Fish Catcher Jim and Theop say Amen and like this.
  13. Sometimes I think. I must have done something wrong last year. That upset Him. I know I'm human I must have done something that I cannot avoid to being a sinner. Include I remember defying Him saying "I would consider you didn't exist" (oh I feel so dumb to said that). Because to compare what happened before 2016 and after is like winter and autumn. Before 2016 I live my life happily with everything is enough. I can took my parents go out for dinner in every weekend. But right now they have to support my family ends meet. They should not working anymore especially my mother who just recovered from back injury. I should be the one that support them. Oh I feel so useless. When will I able to make them happy. I really hope they are still alive and healthy when I could gather enough money to take them to places they want.

14. So let me ask you if you repented for the silly things you said and for not being thankful?

If we [freely] admit that we have sinned and confess our sins, He is faithful and just (true to His own nature and promises) and will forgive our sins [dismiss our lawlessness] and [continuously] cleanse us from all unrighteousness [everything not in conformity to His will in purpose, thought, and action].
    1 John 1:9 AMPC
    http://bible.com/8/1jn.1.9.AMPC

15. Sometimes it's really not what we did or did not do, but the enemy (devil) attacking us. Seeing if we will serve God in the bad times as well as the good.

And if he can get us to say things that are opposite of the Word, then he knows it will tie our angels hands, and they cannot do for us. He also can delay things, so that it appears that God is not listening or working things. These things are the trials, that if we stick faithfully to God, will produce strong faith that has been refined to be very valuable.

16. Yes I do. And like I said to sister Godb4me. I will learn to thank Him again.

Fish Catcher Jim and Cturtle say Amen and like this.
  17. Then if you already have repented, don't allow the guilt to be in your mind. Guilt and condemnation are from the devil. He knows that if he can get you to focus on being upset with yourself, then your heart (spirit) is sad and not being able to trust God like if you were glad and thankful. For being thankful shows faith and sadness shows doubt.

2 Corinthians 1:20
    For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

18. The longer you wait to begin to thank Him for what you have, the longer it will take to get your faith to a stronger level. And the longer it will take for you to get on the other side of what your going through.

19. Have you ever heard of the phrase... giving God the sacrifice of praise? Its praising and thanking God when our flesh and emotions don't want to. This is what will help you to get on the other side of anxiety. It brings peace in the midst of the storm.

Siloam and Fish Catcher Jim say Amen and like this.

20. Blessings Theop
    Renewing the Mind And Strengthening Faith.

Romans 12:2. 2 Corinthians 10:4-5.
    Galatians 5:16. 2 Corinthians 9:8

Romans 12:2 ....
    And be not conformed to this world; but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God

(Get His word in you each and every day and speak His word each and every day)

2 Corinthians 10:4-5
    4... For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to pulling down strong holds

5... Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

(Begin to practice the words you speak and thoughts you think for our thoughts and words to control how we act or react and believe. Our own words do more do influence our thinking then most of everything else)

Galatians 5:16
    This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh

(The more you do the first two the more you will begin to walk in the Spirit and you will be amazed to say the least)

All done through the Grace of God who maketh all grace abound to me. (2Corinthians 9:8)

Blessings and love in Christ
    FCJ

Cturtle likes this.