Help Me Answer a Trinity Question

why did Jesus have to leave to send the holy ghost.?

He didn’t “have” to leave to send the Holy Spirit. That’s just the way God set it up.
You must remember, Jesus is coming back. It doesn’t say in the Bible when he comes back we are all going to loose the Holy Spirit that dwells within us.
Imagine that. We will have the Holy Spirit within us, and we will be looking at Jesus at the same time, and yet, the two are still God.

in revelation it says the mystery of God will then be revealed.so some things are still a mystery till the end.

The Holy Spirit is the familial bond that ties us into the family of God; the Holy Spirit is the Spirit that dwells in Jesus, the Son, and the Father, and now dwells in us, who have been adopted into God's family by baptism where we receive the Holy Spirit within us. Alone, God is a perfect family, but He decided to share His Love with us and accept us into His family as heirs. :)

The Holy Spirit is the familial bond that ties us into the family of God; the Holy Spirit is the Spirit that dwells in Jesus, the Son, and the Father, and now dwells in us, who have been adopted into God's family by baptism where we receive the Holy Spirit within us. Alone, God is a perfect family, but He decided to share His Love with us and accept us into His family as heirs. :)

That's great! It's a new thought to me. So, it explains why we are called God's children. We have His spirit living in us when we recognize Him as our Lord and Savior. That is truly beautiful! Sometimes things are put just the right way so that I "get it." Thanx!

Also, might I say, the Trinity message is indeed an important message for the Mormons in particular to hear. If they did not believe God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit were all three separate beings, their religion would fall apart. Satan was very tricky in making it all come together in this way. Their eyes are so very blinded and it is hard to get it into their heart. It makes their beliefs so much easier to understand the way it is set up. So, If I can just put some doubt (or the Holy Spirit could) into her, I think it would all fall apart. Then it would all come together like it did for me.

The Father wills it, the Son speaks it, the Holy Spirit empowers it and it is done.:)

Hey, SweetSurrender! I finallly found your thread! And it looks like you've been getting some pretty good answers! yay!

About the Trinity, I've heard 2 different explanations. One: think of the ocean, the ocean itself is God, the currents and tides are the Holy Spirit (the power of the water demonstrates this) and the wave is Jesus. The wave is distinctive as you can see it, feel it, yet it is still a part of the ocean.

The other is the sun: The sun itself is God, the heat is the Holy Spirit (the power) the light is Jesus. All three are seperate aspects, but all sun.

Hope that helps.

The words Trinity and Rapture are not in the bible, but the concept or idea of it, is. All thru it.

About there being so many different churches and doctrines, that is the enemy's successful ploy to seperate the believers and cause division. He tried very hard at the first to kill the church thru persecution, and when that didnt work (it grew, instead!) he infiltrated it and attacked it from the inside. And that is still going on today. (how many churches have you heard dividing over arguments over the color of the carpet??)
That there are so many different opinions and ideas is only furthering his agenda. That there are so many churches going by the way of the world is proof of scripture that many will fall, many will gather to themselves ones that will preach what their "itching ears" want to hear.
Discouraging, I know. But! There are still churches that love God, love His word, and will not love thier own lives to the death! There is a faithful remnant! Those are not necessarily all in one church building, either!
shocked017.gif

...Another thing I don't understand is this thing were there are so many different churches. You said one time that you did not think that it mattered what church you belong to if you confess Jesus and let him work in your heart. How can that be?....

Jesus established a Church. Men established denominations later on. Which Church is 2000 years old?

I guess that's true, Opius. I think the one big deceipt about the Mormon church is that they (like a lot of cults) truly believe their church is the "One True Church." And that was a plus to me when I got into it. It had me convinced for awhile. I didn't think of "the church" as being a body of believers in Christ alone. And I keep forgetting that. I feel like all of on this forum are a church sorta. We support eachother and help eachother thru prayer and listening to eachother's needs when needed. I love it here! Thanx for all the responses!

I guess that's true, Opius. I think the one big deceipt about the Mormon church is that they (like a lot of cults) truly believe their church is the "One True Church." And that was a plus to me when I got into it. It had me convinced for awhile. I didn't think of "the church" as being a body of believers in Christ alone. And I keep forgetting that. I feel like all of on this forum are a church sorta. We support eachother and help eachother thru prayer and listening to eachother's needs when needed. I love it here! Thanx for all the responses!

Well, there certainly are some groups that think they are the one true Church. Yet, Jesus DID establish a Church and chose leaders for that Church. Do you think it is possible that there actually is one Church that can trace its structure and pastors all the way back to Jesus, as opposed to the one's that are just a few hundred years old?

I don’t think it matters if one can or can not trace anything back. And I don’t think it matters if the Church is 2000 years old or 2 years old. If the people are following the Bible and what the Bible says to do and how to do it. That is a good Church. In other words, that Church would be a part of the body that is doing very good things.

I don’t think it matters if one can or can not trace anything back. And I don’t think it matters if the Church is 2000 years old or 2 years old. If the people are following the Bible and what the Bible says to do and how to do it. That is a good Church. In other words, that Church would be a part of the body that is doing very good things.

Okay, then which Church follows the Bible correctly?

Indeed. One can be one day old in Christ and be pleasing to His heart or call yourself by His name for 500 years and not even know Him . The Church is the people not a group or building. Without a living vibrant relationship with the Living Christ all is in vain.

I don’t think any of them are 100%
If you’re looking for perfection, you’ll never find it… not in any “Church”

Really. If I were back in time, and, say, being taught by Saint John, the way Polycarp was being taught by Saint John for example, wouldnt it be fair to say that John was teaching me correctly? He did write scripture, after all.

So, is there any documented evidence displaying when pastors all of a sudden stopped teaching correctly?

Actually the Holy Spirit wrote that through John. That is the same Holy Spirit that dwells in believers today. It is sad that many religious institutions have strayed from truth but that has little to do with truth itself. Sadly many of the oldest institutions have strayed farthest from the Word of God.

Really. If I were back in time, and, say, being taught by Saint John, the way Polycarp was being taught by Saint John for example, wouldnt it be fair to say that John was teaching me correctly? He did write scripture, after all.

So, is there any documented evidence displaying when pastors all of a sudden stopped teaching correctly?

What I said was none are 100%
No Church is perfect… no human, other than Jesus, is, was or is going to be perfect.
I believe the documented evidence is the Bible itself saying that God, and no one else, is perfect. It’s not that they “stopped” teaching correctly. The original apostles started out teaching correctly, for the most part, but not perfectly. You know as well as anyone else that no one is perfect. If the apostles didn’t make mistakes in their teachings, they would have been perfect in that respect. I’m sure they made very few mistakes, but it only makes sense that God would leave out those mistakes from the Bible.

All of the original apostles made mistakes. If you think they taught everything perfectly, or correctly as you put it, you are sadly mistaken. Remember, a very small portion of their lives is what is in the Bible.

Now here is my question to you.
Do you believe a certain Church teaches everything correctly?

Back