Help Help Help

Please I need someone with a bigger insight to explain this passage to me: Matthew 24:20

All responds are welcome ...[emoji3]

Please I need someone with a bigger insight to explain this passage to me: Matthew 24:20

The Abomination of Desolation will be a statue of the anti-Christ that will be put in the sanctuary of the New Temple in Jerusalem. The New Temple has not been built yet, though it has been planned for some time. I would strongly suggest that you not be anywhere near Israel when this happens.

Jesus is describing the last days. It is a time where the people of God (Christian and Jew) will face a level of persecution unlike anything yet seen.
Winter is a time when foraging for basic sustenance is hardest. Work is forbidden on the Sabbath and running for your life is undoubtedly work.

Simply put Jesus is saying that we should pray that we will be able to flee when it begins.

If you need to flee, pray it wont be winter..cos snow can make it harder to leave! As for sabbath, well nobody would be expecting to go anywhere on the sabbath. Shops closed, business closed etc. be harder if, say, the petrol station was closed or out of gas. Or you had a flat tyre and nobody could help as their day off.

Hope that helps.

Jewish law forbids traveling on the Sabbath, so airlines, buses, etc. are shut down. Jesus is saying, pray that the Abomination of Desolations doesn't happen when it's the Sabbath or in the winter, Sabbath because everything is shut down, and winter because when you see it happen, don't go into the house to get anything, but run to Petra. It's much harder to travel in the winter than in the other seasons. Christian today won't be around for it as the faithful will be snatched away before then.

If you need to flee, pray it wont be winter..cos snow can make it harder to leave! As for sabbath, well nobody would be expecting to go anywhere on the sabbath. Shops closed, business closed etc. be harder if, say, the petrol station was closed or out of gas. Or you had a flat tyre and nobody could help as their day off.

Hope that helps.
Very well. It does.
God bless

Jewish law forbids traveling on the Sabbath, so airlines, buses, etc. are shut down. Jesus is saying, pray that the Abomination of Desolations doesn't happen when it's the Sabbath or in the winter, Sabbath because everything is shut down, and winter because when you see it happen, don't go into the house to get anything, but run to Petra. It's much harder to travel in the winter than in the other seasons. Christian today won't be around for it as the faithful will be snatched away before then.
God will help and have mercy on the saints ...

Back