1. Hello Guest! You are browsing the forums as a guest; you will have limited permissions as a guest so we advise registering to enjoy the forums fully. Remember: we are a Christian ONLY site - any user who is not Christian will not be approved. Blessings, Christian Forum Site Staff
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'New Members Welcome' started by Who am I, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Hello

This is my first day here. I signed up earlier, but then had to leave for Church. I attend a non denominational Church. I use to be a Lutheran when one day I asked myself, “Why am I a Lutheranâ€? The answer I got was, “because my parents were Lutheranâ€. If I’m going to be a Lutheran, or any other denomination for that matter, it should be because that is what I want and believe. I believe a non denominational Church is where I belong. We go straight from the Bible and there will be no comments such as, “We as Lutherans believe…†That was the statement that got me thinking in the first place. I don’t think Lutherans or any other denomination is wrong, just not for me, at least for now.

My life has been hard. Drugs, alcohol, jail… I don’t think I need to go into detail. It’s not always easier now, but it is a lot better. I’ve got stories from the past and when I think about them sometimes, I get the thought, “why am I still aliveâ€? I always get the same answer, “because God isn’t done with me yetâ€. I try not to judge anyone and if anyone judges me, there is a good chance I just won’t respond.
    I think I’ll just post this tonight and brouse through some other posts to get the feel of everyone here.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. The name, “Who am Iâ€. it’s short for “who am I without Christ†I think you all know the answer to that one. God bless you all.
    It is so nice to have you here!!
  3. [​IMG]

Welcome to the forums! I appreciate you sharing your story with us.
  4. Hello!
    You are welcome!

God bless you!!!

5. Welcome Be With You

6. Welcome !!!

And God Bless !!

7. Welcome Who :)